Thread: Bugs/Suggestions Thread(HOTFIX Available)

Default Bugs/Suggestions Thread(HOTFIX Available)

Thread for bugs to be discussed.

-One big problem has been found on the other forum, it may be true that not all model files exported correctly, so you will see model .cas errors appearing. I am terribly sorry about this, I have tested the mod myself and no errors occured when starting a custom battle. This evening I will check this problem, am at work now..

Default Re: Bugs Thread

BUGS KNOWN/REMARKS KNOWN:

-ERROR: Unit .cas files cant be found ("HOTFIX" will fix this)

-No Description for Ashigaru with bow (next Version)

-Removing blood from unit cards (Matter of taste, needs more input)

-Teppo Rifles sounds as bow (problem is known to us, we have not changed this yet, because the rifle thing has hardcoded issues, its for after the beta)

-Changing directories in the .exe file (change it accordingly to the setup of your computer, everyones OS and folders are different :) )

-Be sure to have the latest patch of your game version installed!

-Custom Battles have been shown to work

-River at Kawanakajima HB is crossable

HOTFIX Install instructions:

Put both files in the SHOGUN_NEW/data folder, and overwrite any older files if your computer asks.

-Please be sure to rename your modfolder BACK to SHOGUN_NEW (this is for the people who renamed their mod names to SHOGUN, this worked for the units maybe, but all buildings are still named to SHOGUN_NEW, so After this hotfix please rename your folder back to SHOGUN_NEW and everyyhing concerning missing file should be fine.)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Wundai; 01-22-2010 at 07:19.

Default Re: Bugs/Suggestions Thread(HOTFIX Available)

Hi,

I can´t start the mod because I use Steam.

After start the exe I get the errormessage "Application Error - Failed to find Steam"
    Rome without the mod has no problem.
    I put the path to the rome directory in the exe but everytime this error :(

Please help!
    Last edited by Wundai; 01-23-2010 at 20:43.

Hello Joker69,

I'm afraid I do not use steam myself, but on the TWC forum we have a Steam Thread about your question, I don't know if you have a TWC account. but you may want to ask the question there for people to help?

We DO have reports of people who have Ran No Jidai working with steam, I kindly redirect you to this thread:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=326443

EDIT: I have asked you question there, please check regurarly for the answer
    Last edited by Wundai; 01-23-2010 at 20:45.

ok thx :-)

Hi,

nach einigem Rumexperimentieren und der Suche im Netz hat es doch geklappt. So wie es auf deiner verlinkten Seite auch beschrieben ist funktioniert es einwandfrei. Einfach den Zusatz der EXE-Verknüpfung in die Startoptionen bei Steam eingeben und es läuft :) Das scheint aber generell ein Problem mit Steam zu sein. Naja, hauptsache man weiß wie man es lösen kann :) Vielen Dank nochmal!

Kannst Du vielleicht schon sagen wann die Vollversion mit Kampagnenkarte fertig ist? :)

Not sure why you thought I spoke German, I'm Dutch, but please keep it English in this forum.

Glad it worked mate, and no I have no estimated release date for a version with Campaign etc, the beta release just a week ago.
    Last edited by Wundai; 01-24-2010 at 15:24.

Oh sorry!

the problem is fixed like in this forum
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=326443

1) Right click Rome Total War in your games list
    2) Click "Properties"
    3) Click the box called "Set Launch Options..."
    4) Paste this line "-mod:SHOGUN_NEW -enable_editor -show_err" without quotes.
    5) Click OK to everything
    6) Double clik on Rome Total War in your games list and select run Barbarian Invasion

Good news