Thread: Ports in the Caspian?

Default Ports in the Caspian?

Hey folks, I know that there are no provinces around the Caspian Sea that had any notable ports, which is why no naval ports are allowed on that sea, but I'm playing Hayasdan and it's getting a bit irritating that I have to run the whole circuit around the sea to get reinforcements to Parthia, not to mention that pirates can have a navy in there and I can't.

What I want to ask is, is there anywhere I can edit the EB files to give, say, Zadrakata the option to build ships, at least? The Great King has already conquered all Egypt, all the way to India, and to the coasts of the Aegean, and his Orontid reforms are in their second phase, and it's about time he could build at least one pathetic pentekonteros on the Caspian right next door to his homeland...

PS: I really cannot stand this new forum layout... I go away for a few months and look what happens!
    Last edited by pezhetairoi; 02-06-2010 at 14:20.

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

Default Re: Ports in the Caspian?

I think it gets as simple as adding hidden resources to fit the desired level of port: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...19-EB-1-1-Maps
    Last edited by Tellos Athenaios; 02-06-2010 at 14:40.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

You could do what I do when I get annoyed by the pirates and use the move_character cheat to move a fleet from the Mediterranean.

@Tellos: Could you point me to the file where the hidden resources are?

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004

Sovereign of all England! Member Donkey Kong Champion Arthur, king of the Britons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pezhetairoi View Post
    @Tellos: Could you point me to the file where the hidden resources are?
    It's the DESCR_REGIONS in EB\Data\world\maps\base.

King Arthur's Court at Camelot

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Marble bust of Arthouros the Divider, first man to pass a Koinon Law since the foundation of the Alliance.

I actually also thought of posting a thread asking why pirate ships turn up in the Caspian when you cant fight them. not that it matters to me, my AS lands stretch from Dalminion to India. I just always thought it was funny
    Moreover, I advise that Syracusans must be added to EB (insp. by Cato the Elder )

Is looking forward to the 2090's, when EB 20.0 will be released - spanning the entire Eurasian continent and having no Eleutheroi - with a faction for every independent state instead. Look out for the Gedrosians, the Cretans and the kingdom of Kallatis!

Quote Originally Posted by artaxerxes View Post
    I actually also thought of posting a thread asking why pirate ships turn up in the Caspian when you cant fight them. not that it matters to me, my AS lands stretch from Dalminion to India. I just always thought it was funny
    The pirates there would come and raid the little villages and fishing towns, hehe xD

No, really, they would. What else would a good pirate of the Caspian do?
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Incorruptible Forest Manager Member Tristuskhan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    You could do what I do when I get annoyed by the pirates and use the move_character cheat to move a fleet from the Mediterranean.
    That's quite an issue in my current campaign: I can move fleets to the Baltic and back, but trying to move to the Caspian never works ("invalid location spot" or something like that).

Another trick, since we are talking about moving fleets: always move the fllet out of port before teleporting it, or the port should become bugged (that way I lost the use of my naval yards in Rhodos: ships produced do not appear in the port and any ship trying to enter the harbour is prevented by a "merge" icon on the empty port and can't proceed).
    "Les Cons ça ose tout, c'est même à ça qu'on les reconnait"

Kentoc'h Mervel Eget Bezañ Saotret - Death feels better than stain, motto of the Breton People. Emgann!

Quote Originally Posted by Tristuskhan View Post
    Another trick, since we are talking about moving fleets: always move the fllet out of port before teleporting it, or the port should become bugged (that way I lost the use of my naval yards in Rhodos: ships produced do not appear in the port and any ship trying to enter the harbour is prevented by a "merge" icon on the empty port and can't proceed).
    You could probably fix that by moving the navy you teleported back to its original position, it definitely works with the seige bug (where you teleport an army that is beseiging a city and it still stays under seige) and they are basically the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by vartan View Post
    The pirates there would come and raid the little villages and fishing towns, hehe xD

No, really, they would. What else would a good pirate of the Caspian do?
    Must be sweet being a pirate in a sea where there can be no law enforcement navy. like robbing banks in a country with no police ;)
    Moreover, I advise that Syracusans must be added to EB (insp. by Cato the Elder )

Is looking forward to the 2090's, when EB 20.0 will be released - spanning the entire Eurasian continent and having no Eleutheroi - with a faction for every independent state instead. Look out for the Gedrosians, the Cretans and the kingdom of Kallatis!

Incorruptible Forest Manager Member Tristuskhan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bobbin View Post
    You could probably fix that by moving the navy you teleported back to its original position, it definitely works with the seige bug (where you teleport an army that is beseiging a city and it still stays under seige) and they are basically the same thing.
    Mission successful, thank you very much.

Still no clue about why I can't move fleets to the Caspian, though.
    "Les Cons ça ose tout, c'est même à ça qu'on les reconnait"

Kentoc'h Mervel Eget Bezañ Saotret - Death feels better than stain, motto of the Breton People. Emgann!

Ships cannot move into deep sea tiles, I'm guessing you've picked a spot right in the middle Caspian, correct? So its most likely your trying to teleport a fleet onto such a tile.
    Try a tile nearer the coast, it definitely works for me.