Thread: Can't reach Taxila

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Default Can't reach Taxila

I'm playing Alexander, clocks at around 60 turns remaining, and I just wiped out the Persians by killing their last family members, causing their last 8 or so regions to Rebel.

But I noticed my Spy can't get into Taxila, the Indian city. Doesn't look like ships will help either.

Am I missing something, or will I not be able to complete the campaign?
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Default Re: Can't reach Taxila

If you lift the fog of war,is there still no way? Weird.
    The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

I stole it from a stupid Iceni Member Shieldmaiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyfelwyr View Post
    Am I missing something, or will I not be able to complete the campaign?
    Hi!

This is intentional design and stops Persia from getting destroyed before Alexander's victory conditions are completed.
    "Now, once more I must ride with my knights, to defend what was and the dream of what could be..."

- King Arthur, Excalibur

The province of Taxila is initially Persian, however it will often revolt and revert to native Indian control. The mighty Indus River transverses through the province, and the lack of any bridge with which to cross the river means that you unfortunately cannot access Taxila.

Of course, you could change all of this with some simple modding. If you're interested in doing this, go to C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\alexander\data\world\maps\campaign\Alexander and open up map_features.tga in GIMP or any other image editing program. Wheel over to the far east of the map, where you'll spot the Indus River in blue. Use the color picker tool to copy the coordinates of the light blue squares evident in other rivers, select the pencil tool, adjust the brush size to one pixel, and dot one or two spots on the river. Save the file, delete the map.rwm and map_heights.hgt and you're all done.

heh - it shows big time how little i have played Alexander, as opposed to RTW and BI campaigns.

Thanks for the info Shieldmaiden and iHelp

The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread