Thread: PLAN T not plant

Senior Member Senior Member LordTed's Avatar

I have been thinking about my game play and style and have re modled it for plan T.

This involves some tactacs for the up coming tourney as we are allowed only 3 of each units. I find the prospect of having to use only 3 monks in a battle amazing so tactics and flexibilty may florish in shogun again.

Also i am making another already failed atempt to get number 1 as always the work goes on

[This message has been edited by LordTed (edited 06-17-2001).]

ted ted ted, if the scoring system re-sets cos of the expansion, i'll laugh at you

Quote Originally posted by LordTed:
    ...I find the prospect of having to use only 3 monks in a battle amazing so tactics and flexibilty may florish in shogun again...[/QUOTE]

I find the fact so many players cannot play without more than 3 monks, dachi or guns amazing
    I think this 3 unit rule is a fantastic one and we will at last see truly balanced armies fighting it out and tactics not sheer power will prevail, and of course the fact i dont take more than 3 of anything means i dont have to modify my setup

I would LOVE to see this catch on as commonly accepted etiquette (at least when the game is specified as three-type limit) on multiplayer. It would definitely broaden MP tactics and strategies and bring back from the dead many units which just aren't useful against musket/monk armies. I'll start requesting people who come to games I host to limit themselves to three of each unit type and see if it goes over at all. If as many people feel like me about the boring musk/monk lineup as was indicated in Multiplayer Disappointment thread, then it should go well.

Thanks for the great idea!

------------------
    Goshi of Koga
    Koga no Goshi

I give my Nihon Maru to TosaInu in tribute.

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

ok, this one is prolly gonna lose me my head a time or two, but i just cant resist.......

Plant LordTed
    Plant LordTed
    Plant LordTed

um, elmarko, can i sign yer name to this one?

FearofElmarko

yeah i agree with you all i have went on a run of 10 games 9 wins using max of 3 or 4 and its made my tactics better so it would be good to c ea making mp a little better by making some sort of rule were u can only have 4 units max.
    well didnt u all know i dont think the expansion has mp when it just starts i hear its going 2 come as a download further down the line.

------------------
    Honour can not be taught you are born with it.

Honour To clan No Fear Itos
    Honour can not be taught you are born with it.

Honour To clan No Fear Itos

Senior Member Senior Member Erado San's Avatar

The new releases have multiplayer, just not the multiplayer campaign, which will come as a download.

Further more: I don't know this 3 unit max rule in the tourney, but I hope they have this modification too:

3 units per type max, except for musk/arqe, which should have a total of 3 max. Without this addition, you could still field 6 gunner units.
    A voice from the past is heard in the lands...

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

The battles just loose their grotesque appeal when you take less than 16 arquebusiers...

*sigh*
    [Sips sake, eats popcorn]

God forbid less than 8 guns be allowed. If we didn't have those, the 8 monks behind them might have to actually engage in hth and what if they lost?!

>

------------------
    Goshi of Koga
    Koga no Goshi

I give my Nihon Maru to TosaInu in tribute.

vanya,

one of these days i'm gonna get out my blunderbusses and come at ya. your arqu's shall become as driftwood on the open seas, running hither and non.

K. ;)

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

Quote Originally posted by Kraellin:
    ...one of these days i'm gonna get out my blunderbusses and come at ya. your arqu's shall become as driftwood on the open seas, running hither and non.

K.
    [/QUOTE]

You assume my chaps can swim! No... they just like to wad in knee-deep waters in a deluge with their massive clubs. This demoralizes monks.

But, the guns dont float either. So I cant help but wonder: what have you been eating, Mr. Kraellin?

Perhaps one day we shall have a nice picnic on a plain and go skeet shootin' with our arguebuses! (Over here, we send captured ashigaru out to run about with a pot on their head as the 'skeet'.)

[Sips sake, eats popcorn]

hehehehe

K.