Thread: RAN

So is the fmv from RAN still included?

Hach
    The greatest thrill in life is not to Kill' but to let live!

Why on God's green Earth would it not be?
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

You want reasons why??

maybe coz time constraints'budgets'losing the license due to delayed release like last time'or even not having enough capacity left on the cd???

Remember they have already chopped out the online campaign to allow the single player campaign to be released quicker so why not the fmv?

hach
    The greatest thrill in life is not to Kill' but to let live!

because online campaign is quite a bit of work, programming and problem solving and some more, unlike RAN fmv

------------------
    jd
    - I hate romantic comedies, which is pretty strange considering that my whole love life is a big JOKE -

I wasn't aware the FMV for Ran was included. Thats very cool.

------------------
    All your base are belong to us
    All your base are belong to us

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

ok, what is fmv and what is ran? i wish you guys would explain your abbreviations at least once when you first post.

K.

Sorry, Kraellin-san.

FMV = Full Motion Video. Basically, a digitized video clip captured straight from the screen into the game. Not the kind of thing you spend months coding and perfecting (unlike the 3D rendered animations, or the game itself).

Ran is not an abbreviation, it is the third most famous film by the legendary Japanese director Akira Kurosawa. I haven't seen it, but there are threads about it at the History Forum.

IMHO, it is extremely unlikely that the devs would choose to chop out the video clip. It doesn't take up much space (if properly packed, and especially if the CD has all the free space they intended for the online campaign), is quick and easy to include, the perfect kind of "sugar-on-the-top" to appease new players, and in all likelihood they've already paid the royalties to whatever firm owns the rights.

------------------
    "7. Chugo: devotion, loyalty."
    "It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this".
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo: Hagakure

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

ah. thanks anssi :)

all i could think was, fmv...full modulated voice? now wouldnt that be kinda cool, live talk in the game! oh well, maybe with the next expansion pack ;)

K.