Thread: Trapped in a never ending spiral of crashes... any help?

Default Trapped in a never ending spiral of crashes... any help?

Hi,
    A game I have been playing for a long time now has suddenly become trapped in a never ending spral of crashes. I have gone back to previous saves to try to get past the date where the crashes seem to start, but it does not help. My play date has gone off twice, so I now have some generals who are negative ages, or very young. It has twice jumped back twenty or more years. Why does this happen? It never happened with Vanilla RTW.

Lastly, If I were to find a saved game file (not sure where they are) is there anyone with the skill to fix it so it stops crashing?

Thanks
    I am an incompetist. I am a believer in incompetism. This is the belief that the universe was created by an utterly and competely incompetent god. Which god it is is unimportant. Work this out for yourself. It is the only possible answer.

Default Re: Trapped in a never ending spiral of crashes... any help?

Post this in bug reports and upload a save game and XS will sort it out for you.

I'd love to be more helpful but I'm a computer retard.

Thanks, but where do I find the save file?
    I am an incompetist. I am a believer in incompetism. This is the belief that the universe was created by an utterly and competely incompetent god. Which god it is is unimportant. Work this out for yourself. It is the only possible answer.

Unoffical PBM recruiter person Member /Bean\'s Avatar

Go to your Rome Total War folder, then into the EB folder, then the folder called Saves
    =========================================
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    ========================================================
    + =
    [/CENTER]

Well, yes... that's what I thought... but the problem is there is no folder called 'saves' in my EB folder. Can't find it anywhere!

Found it!!!
    What a nightmare!!!
    c:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\EB\preferences

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Stick to this post if you want to upload your save.

Previous you may want to see the frequent issues, maybe the reason for your CTD is already mentioned there.

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Since the discussion is continued in tech forum, I am closing this thread.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!