Thread: Crashing when finishing turn

Default Crashing when finishing turn

Hello,

Please me.

I play with the version EB 1.2, fixes uploaded. Tried both under vanilla RTW and BI.

In the year of the below savegame (BC234 summer) it CTD when press the next turn during the AI plays.
    When script doesn't started it is the same issue.

I tried to find rebellous town but couldn't.

Save game:
    http://ul.to/k5tq6j

Please could you look on it and advice?

Thank you for the help in advance
    Sorry for the bad english

Thanks

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Default Re: Crashing when finishing turn

Welcome to the org!

You had a captain inside an army in Paraitonion, I fixed that, here is the game one turn later.

Odd is too that Crete is shown on campaign map as Carthie's territory while the city belongs to the Kionon Hellenon and that Adrumeto is showed on campaign map as belonging to Koinon and the city is manned by a Carthie FM....you should conquer both asap, could lead to other crashes...

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

XSamatan,

Many thanks for the quick help!

You have idea why it happened? I did something wrong?

Thanks again.

Geri

It is a problem of the RTW core-engine, you cannot do much against it. Did you use the move_character cheat to teleport characters directly inside cities?

Concerning Adrumeto/Crete: Did you use FD in these cases? In any case should you hurry to get them conquered, maybe they will cause bugs in the future.

As you likely had recognized, you are at war with the Ptolemaioi, I had attack them to lift the siege of Paraitonion, just use FD to get back you alliance.

XSamatan

No I didn't teleported any character, I didn't use any cheat. And I don't have the force diplomacy mod installed.

However I have conquered Adrumeto in the save you send me and then the half of the territory changed to my colour on the minimap the other half - where the city is - remain greek... The other interesting thing that my generals have traits which looks not roman they have maybe celtic traits... And one more: some of them is 'client ruler' (example that one who is in Africa) however they should be simple family member as they was not recruited in an "Allied State".

It seems some big failure happened maybe I will start a new campaign.

Geri

Seems you messed something within your installation progress, you can continue your game, but will receive more and more bugs.

Follow these instructions to get a functional EB. If you have questions fell free ask them here!

XSamatan

OK I reinstalled.

Thank you for your help!

Geri

I think I forget to say that you should also start new, because the bugs in your campaign are inside the save-file, so no chance to fix them...you may try it, but there is a high chance to get bad bugs...

I'm sorry for not telling you this,

XSamatan

XSamatan,

Your previous messages was def. clear, I restarted a new campaign.

Again, many thanks for your help.

Geri

JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar

i have somewhat the same problem, if i end the turn (it happened once only before) with the EB script it CTDs, if i don't, it doesnt... could you look into it, i'll upload any file you need... thank you (btw i haven't cheated on this save, never used FD, i just have the 1.2 mod pack, the giant trees removal, and the 260 movement points)

here's the save (zipped) NoCheat..zip

Edit: Running EB 1.2 W/O BI or Alex
    Last edited by jirisys; 03-07-2010 at 19:48.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...

With all your mini-mods, I can't load your game...it crashes directly after loading, with both BI and ALEX, you have to fix it on your machine...

1. Check the issues about CTD's mentioned here : https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=103681

if it does not help you

2. use toggle_fow to gain vision on world map, be sure to check "Follow AI-Movement" and try to identify exactly which faction causes the crash (this would help a lot), post this faction here.

XSamatan

It's Eleutheroi, right before it gets to my turn, it CTD, i will try with the toggle fog, i'll post later

I found a revolting settlement, it's Vellika of the Carthaginians, i'll try to make it mine
    i'll keep you posted

Edit: after i end the turn, they go with PO with 105%, then, i end that turn and they go to 65% with revolts, is this the problem? they just have 721 settlers and it's a small town with no fence or anything

Edit: I believe it was Vellika, because when it stopped rioting, the bug ended, but i would like someone to confirm that, or else i'll have more and more bugs later
    Last edited by jirisys; 03-08-2010 at 21:41.

No, if it stops after you made Vellika peaceful, you figured the reason for your CTD out.

An advice for the future:
    Make multiple saves of your beloved campaigns, I for myself save every four turn (aka one year) in a different slot, so if it comes to any bug I can reload, and I loose not to much game-time.

XSamatan

Quote Originally Posted by XSamatan View Post
    No, if it stops after you made Vellika peaceful, you figured the reason for your CTD out.

An advice for the future:
    Make multiple saves of your beloved campaigns, I for myself save every four turn (aka one year) in a different slot, so if it comes to any bug I can reload, and I loose not to much game-time.

XSamatan
    Yes it stops, but (this is the second time it happens) the last time, it also stopped, then bam all over again, i say that my save should be watched bcause it might not be that particular thing, just as a safeguard, since i couldn't use the move_character cheat, i had to make multiple turns, maybe that is the prob, maybe it isnt... if anyone could theach me how to move the character, TY

I resolved it! it was the city of Ebonorum (or sumthing like that) it was the capital of the Eleutheroi and it was down on the PO, thanks anyway!!

Quote Originally Posted by jirisys View Post
    if anyone could theach me how to move the character, TY
    You first want to know how the character is named internally by the game, therfore open 'descr_names.txt' in the data folder of EB.
    You can find here the possible combinations of first name and surname. The Names displayed on campaign map are not use-able.

The be sure you found the right internal name, use this cheat: character_reset "FIRSTNAME SURNAME" -->the selected character will be given a new portion of movement points

As soon as you have found your guy, move your mouse over the the tile you want him teleported to, abd type 'show_cursorstat' -->this will give you a combination of coordinates on the map
    Then type move_character "FIRSTNAME SURNAME" XXX,YYY -->character is teleported

If you got problems solving a singel name, first try another character, then ask here!

XSamatan