Thread: Who wants to be a Shogunaire

Senior Member Senior Member Forward Observer's Avatar

What clan can be neutralized and/or eliminated on the first turn at any difficulty level of play?

A. Oda
    B. Uesugi
    C. Imagawa
    D. McGregor

If you can give specific moves, I will know you aren't just Guessing.

Answer to follow

Cheers

------------------
    Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Playing as ronin you can take the small monk and archer army from Ise and catch Oda in Owari in the first season.Kill him in battle or trap him in his castle,and Oda is gone.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

hmmm, when i play STW campaign an anyone other than Imagawa, then the Imagawa ALWAYS seem to die off first. it's no coincidence...

I don't know who (other then Oda) can be eliminated so fast, but I can kill Hojo in three. Uesugi take about that long too (I want more then just what I start out with to kill them).

easy, be imagawa, attack owari 1st turn with everything, kill oda.

move daimyo and totomi men to suruga to ward off takeda, (if he attacks, he does it with daimyo, and he is easy to kill) then move all built troops to owari, usegi in shinano wont attack cos he would lose shinano

Senior Member Senior Member Forward Observer's Avatar

First to speak to the answers given.

1. I have never played as Ronin, so I cannot dispute the answer given by Hosakawa. I should have qualified my question by asking to ony consider the regular campaigns.

2. I went back and tried evilc's suggestion.
    It can be done, but I was only able to do it once out of 3 tries on easy. I failed on every other level at least twice. The problem is that on the first turn as Imagawa, you can only attack Owari with 2 units--1 SA and 1 YS. You face 2 units of Imagawa and their Daimyo. The only advantage in this scenerio is that this is the double bridge river crossing, and for some reason the ememy leaves one unit at each bridge until you get both of your units across, but even though you may have whittled one unit down with your archers, the enemy is strong enough with his Daimyo to hold you until his other fresh unit joins the fray. The enemy Daimyo justs add too much power to the opposing force, so this is not a very sure thing. As I said I did manage to win once out of about 10 tries, and then it was only on the easy level.

Now to my solution.

Playing as Hojo, you can attack the Uesugi
    Daimyo in his home province of Mutsu with at least 5 units on the first turn. He will defend with 4 units and his Daimyo. You move all 2 units from both Hatachi and Shinotsuke and 1 YS from Kozuke. Your Daimyo will guard Hitachi and you will move one unit out of Musashi to guard Shinotsuke. The A.I. will not attack your 1 unit provinces at this stage of the game. You will either kill the Uesugi Daimyo outright or force him to go under seige where he will die in two more turns, with no heirs. On move two, you will split your attacking army and invade Dewa unopposed. At this same time your troop dojo is replacing the borrowed troops to Musashi. You will also need to shuttle your Daimyo to Dewa because at the hard and expert levels you may get a revolt on turn 3. I have also tried this leaving the province of Shimotsuki empty, so I was able to attack with 6 units to the ememy 4. Uesugi just doesn't have the manpower to defend and take the empty province at the same time.

In only two turns, you will have tripled your land mass, secured the western end of the island, eliminated a clan, and and added a crop income of 1200 koku along with a site for a future gold mine. No wonder Hojo is so easy. If you can't win the game with this kind of a start, in under 20 game years, you aren't living right.

Cheers

------------------

[This message has been edited by Forward Observer (edited 06-10-2001).]

with imagawa, take both units to the bridge with the daimyo. line up your archers in a line of 2. move YS over bridge untill enemy ashigaru starts o move. then move your ys back, while the YA are advancing, shoot at them. when they have few men left charge over the bridge with veryething.

YS should first rout remaining YA and the go on to the 11 HC. your archers should fight untill the enemies 3rd unit starts to move. then use archers on them. by the time they are in h-2-h range, your YS should be finished and ready to kill the last unit.

i grant the fact that sometimes oda pegs it and you cant catch him, but ah well.

Quote Originally posted by Forward Observer:
    What clan can be neutralized and/or eliminated on the first turn at any difficulty level of play?

A. Oda
    B. Uesugi
    C. Imagawa
    D. McGregor

If you can give specific moves, I will know you aren't just Guessing.

Answer to follow

Cheers

[/QUOTE]

All three can be elimainated
    Oda can be elimated in turn 1 ether as imagawa or ronin, strike into owari, if he does not die in the battle he dies in the castle
    Imagawa can be eliminated in turn 1 by either takeda striking to suruga and imagawa daimyo moving to protect, uesegi striking at totomi or as oda go for mikawa?(i think) with daimyo moving to defend
    Uesegi can be eliminated in turn 1 by hojo bt sriking at the mutsu?(i think, the one below dewa)
    The easiest clan to eliminate in turn 1 is hojo
    even on expert it is fairly easy to kill him
    u take only 4 units and face a matching enemy army +11 heavy cav so the odds are pretty even, and being human means u can utsmart the ai

u cant kill hojo 1st turn, hes in shimosa, if he moves up u MiGHT tho

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

Is that your final answer?!?

[Sips sake, eats popcorn]

Can i fone a friend?