Thread: Greek Translation help

Default Greek Translation help

Greetings.

A friend of mine is kind of sad that Baktria has no elite phalanx units and want to make one of his own.

The question is. does anyone have a sugestion about what would be a suitable greek name for this phalanx unit. In english it would be like "hellenic elite phalanx" or something, but what would the greek name for an elite phalanx for Baktria be?
    "It is better to die as a roman than to live as a barbarian"
    "He who gives everything for Rome, can still give his life"
    "Through the enslaving, expelling, occupying or bribing of our enemies. We prevail."
    (Stolen blatantly from the "Dawn of war" Games!)

Default Re: Greek Translation help

epilektoi phalangitai? Or if you just want to use the same unit that the other hellenic factions use, Argyraspides. -M
    My Balloons:

I propose "Pezhetairoi Epilektoi" which translates to chosen/elite pezhetairoi. A completely different idea would be to call them "Pezhetairoi Palaimachoi" which would translate to veteran Pezhetairoi (supposedly older/experienced troops had better discipline and morale).I dunno if it's historicaly accurate but they sound cool...
    Ongoing Campaigns: Baktria, Casse, Koinon Hellenon, Pahlava.

Abandoned/Failed Campaigns: Aedui-Epeiros-Pontos-Saba-Saka Rauka-Sauromatae. (I'll be back though!)

Thanks for the answers.

Personally i like the Pezhetairoi Epilektoi best, but i will let my friend decide this one
    "It is better to die as a roman than to live as a barbarian"
    "He who gives everything for Rome, can still give his life"
    "Through the enslaving, expelling, occupying or bribing of our enemies. We prevail."
    (Stolen blatantly from the "Dawn of war" Games!)