Thread: Returning to EB Need Help :)

Default Returning to EB Need Help :)

Hello Fellow EB Fanatics :D

I'm returning to EB after Half a Year! Currently I'm still downloading EB 1.1 so until then may i know any changes that i might need to know? Also after i install EB 1.2 Is there any Bug Fixes that i need to install aswell to stabilize my game?

Thanks in Advance!
    Current Campaigns

"tu regere imperio populos, Romane, memento"—"Roman, remember by your strength to rule the Earth's peoples!"

(>^_^;)> move it! Member Hotseat_User's Avatar

Default Re: Returning to EB Need Help :)

welcome back - and yes it's all the same. But check out the brand new Boii preview in the EBII section - pure awesomeness. Seems like they are making bunch' of good progress.

you could also check the minimod-pack or parts of it in the submod-section - I found some of them very usefull. If you use BI.exe then get the win conditions thingy. It makes the AI improve it's 'historical behavior'.

greets, H_U
    orationes tuas ego laudare soleo, imitari neque possim, si velim, nec velim fortasse, si possim. [M. T. C.]

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Thanks for the asnwer guys!

also i have a dilema., i accidentally installed the 1.2 Fixes for in EB 1.1! i forgot i havent installed EB 1.2 yet! so what i did was Install EB 1.2 then also install the 1.2 Fixes. Will this cause any problems? I'd like to know before starting a campaign :)

Thanks again!
    Current Campaigns

"tu regere imperio populos, Romane, memento"—"Roman, remember by your strength to rule the Earth's peoples!"

As far as I know, the fixes only add or overwrite files. So if you install EB1.2, and afterwards reinstall the fixes, you should be fine.
    from plutoboyz

Quote Originally Posted by Andy1984 View Post
    As far as I know, the fixes only add or overwrite files. So if you install EB1.2, and afterwards reinstall the fixes, you should be fine.
    Glad to hear that! :) Hopefully nothing goes wrong except with the occassional CTD's :D

Also the Normal Way to Play EB is VH/M Right?

Thanks again!
    Current Campaigns

Quote Originally Posted by Valion View Post

Thanks again!
    Depends on whether you're happy for the AI factions to have lots of extra cash (10,000 mnai a turn, I think) and be completely unreasonable with regard to diplomacy. Using the Force Diplomacy mod is usually the only way to get ceasefires on VH campaign difficulty.

I generally play Hard or Medium campaign, with Medium battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Valion View Post
    I would second Titus' sentiments. I generally find Hard or Medium to be preferable to Very Hard, the AI sends less ahistorical elite fullstacks at you, diplomacy is somewhat of an option (although the AI remains stubborn and still loves to single out the human player for destruction), and I personally find it more fun because it provides a slower pace (less blitzing is necessary) and thus more opportunity for historical roleplaying.

I may be wrong, but I feel like generally the sentiments around the forum in general lately have been that Very Hard, although challenging, is compromising some of the realism of the game.
    Last edited by WinsingtonIII; 03-08-2010 at 17:59.
    from Megas Methuselah, for some information on Greek colonies in Iberia.