Thread: my shogun is messed up

Senior Member Senior Member LordTed's Avatar

As of lately when i play shogun it experiences a failure.

This is when a blue screen comes up in that old dos writting and it tells me a load of stuff about an error. From that point shogun goes totally wrong i have to ctrl alt and delete, which would appear to make the problem worse.

if i am to go and rienstall shogun which is a possible plan, i would have to remove every thing. would this affect my multiplay account in some way??

or does anyone have any suggestion to help make my stw more stable without it going wrong 4 times out of 5 when i play it?

Senior Member Senior Member Dark Phoenix's Avatar

Well I think you will have to reinstall. You will still be able to use account I am sure. However I would wait for Erado to come along.

------------------
    DoragonPhoenix of the Clan Doragon
    DP is correct - Shiro

you should be able to back up your SP saved games, and I don't think that it would affect your MP account. Isn't all that stuff held on a server somewhere? Also make sure you either backup all the maps, or download them again once you reinstall Shogun.
    "What did the five fingers say to the face?"

Senior Member Senior Member Erado San's Avatar

No, it won't mess up online play.

Sure looks like you need a fresh install, unless you recently changed some drivers or other stuff which might now be messing it up.
    A voice from the past is heard in the lands...

i was thinking of unistal then reinstal because is have re installed it before and the problem continued.

It actually says an Exception OE

any ideas on what this is?

Have u uninstalled anything else lately, or added anything to ur system?
    These windows falal exception errors usally occur when something has not been installed or uninstalled correctly. I would uninstall shogun and anything else u have installed lately and try reinstalling.
    If that fails then see if anythiung else is crashing, if they are, then reinstall windows.
    If u are using ME get 98 its more stable at the moment and their is no differances in performance.

P.S. should this not be in the techy forum?

Usually when it goes to blue screen, its froma software conflict. You should check what other programs you have running while playing shogun. Also this happens when ur low on resources, so check how much space u have left and ram you are using. Dunno if this helps, but this is the cause when i usually get blue screens. It would be a good idea to reinstall it also.

Another development is that a possibe problem could be that the hard drive is buggered for which there is not return so i have decided to go easy on my comp and re discover what lies out side my house.

in response to this i can get up to 75% free which should be good enough, so i am testing to see if it helps.

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

lordted,

the blue screen of death used to occur on my machine a fair amount also. tweaking your system with better drivers, more memory, defragging, scandisk, and other cleanups can often keep it at a minimum.

i've also noticed that in playing graphic/sound intensive type programs, including shogun, that memory seems to get fragged up at times pretty badly. i'm still fairly sure that something in stw is causing a memory leak, or something that stw uses, perhaps, like a vid card/drivers. after playing several games online i would begin to notice a loss in graphic integrity and have to go reboot. i've also noticed other folks online that periodically leave the foyer to go reboot before starting another game.

the solution is normally just cleaning up your system and getting devices to cooperate more smoothly with each other. in one instance i had to just flat out replace a video card because it just wouldnt 'play nice' with the other devices.

K.

many thanks i now have many plans to keep it alive

Windows is monster hungry beast
    It eats memory up
    Slowly but surely Windows will much its way thru ur RAM
    Whether u have 16mb or 256mb Windows will find where it cowers and devour it
    It may take time but in the end Windows always wins, all them poor little bits getting nibbled