Thread: Deus Ex 3 Trailer out!

Default Deus Ex 3 Trailer out!

Read about it here!
    So what do you think? I have mixed feelings. It seems to look waay too much like FF for me, but at the same time I was kind of intrigued (perhaps because I had set my expectation to the absolute rock bottom).
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

BrownWings: AirViceMarshall Senior Member Furunculus's Avatar

Default Re: Deus Ex 3 Trailer out!

looks great.

Deus Ex ranks up there with Medieval: Total War and Operation Flashpoint as the greatest games ever made.
    Furunculus Maneuver: Adopt a highly logical position on a controversial subject where you cannot disagree with the merits of the proposal, only disagree with an opinion based on fundamental values. - Beskar

Speaking of OpFlash, I just really hope DX3 doesn't follow the precedent set by Invisible War and Dragon Rising.

Deus Ex had a lot of potential as a franchise, even ifn the main game feels a bit dated today.

Senior Member Senior Member gaelic cowboy's Avatar

Hope its good but after Invisible War I ain't holding out much hope
    They slew him with poison afaid to meet him with the steel
    a gallant son of eireann was Owen Roe o'Neill.

Internet is a bad place for info Gaelic Cowboy

I'm thinking it will be a console-port with not much done for PC version. Basically Invisible War 2.
    "Debating with someone on the Internet is like mudwrestling with a pig. You get filthy and the pig loves it"
    Shooting down abou's Seleukid ideas since 2007!

Senior Member Senior Member gaelic cowboy's Avatar

Figures
    They slew him with poison afaid to meet him with the steel
    a gallant son of eireann was Owen Roe o'Neill.

Internet is a bad place for info Gaelic Cowboy

Quote Originally Posted by Madoushi View Post
    Speaking of OpFlash, I just really hope DX3 doesn't follow the precedent set by Invisible War and Dragon Rising.

Deus Ex had a lot of potential as a franchise, even ifn the main game feels a bit dated today.
    Speaking of Dragon Rising, I just got that and when I enter the inventory I cannot get out. Anyone know how to do that? :P
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

What teh vuk. Not going to get excited very soon, and I -don't hurt me- kinda liked IW.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    What teh vuk. Not going to get excited very soon, and I -don't hurt me- kinda liked IW.
    lol, none of my family (rabid Deus Ex fans, one and all) liked the trailer when I emailed it to them, lol. I don't know, I thought it was pretty good. There were several things about it that I really liked.
    And Frag, don't please do not blaspheme by mentioning the game that starts with an I in a positive way in a Deus Ex thread. Our Deus Ex religious cult may have to sacrafice you to appease the great Machine God that you have offended. lol

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Despite it's many flaws at least they got the mood right, and it wasn't all bad when played as a stealthy shooter. Enjoyed it from start to finish. I don't get that Deus Esque feeling from the trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Despite it's many flaws at least they got the mood right, and it wasn't all bad when played as a stealthy shooter. Enjoyed it from start to finish. I don't get that Deus Esque feeling from the trailer
    Honestly, I don't either, but I didn't from IW either. IW didn't feel anything like DX to me. I think the problem that I have with what I have seen from HR, as well as with IW is the lack of humanity and subtlety. Seriously, the character who you met in Deus Ex felt so real and so human that you could reach out and touch them. Everything about the environment and the way that people acted was just so real that it felt like it seriously could be something that would happen in the near future. Humanity was rotting and it looked like it. You felt sorry for people, you helped them, exploited them, depending on how you were playing. And things were subtle. People were not screaming out "Look! I gotz a quest for youz! We gotz conspiracies!". When you played through Deus Ex characters were designed, and then quest to go around them, not the other way around. Also, everything was so subtle and so serious. You were just a guy with a job, and everything seemed normal until you dug beneath the surface. There was not a coffee shop conspiracy on every corner. The fun and the excitement of Deus Ex was that they created a world so fun, so real, and so intense without the conspiracy plot, that the fun was in uncovering the conspiracy. In IW it is just like they are shouting out "Hey, lookz at all our conspiracies! Now take your side and make your 'choices'!" Add that to the fact that the people/characters in IW did not seem real at all, and you have 80% of why I dislike IW. The trailer for DX3 seems to lack subtlety in the same way as IW. That is what worries me.

(Add to that the fact that JC looked and acted like a real man, and like someone who fit the role, while Alex looked and acted like a gelled up momma's boy who is incapable of getting a door for himself. :P People were impressed by JC, some feared him, some were attracted to him, some respected him. Alex on the other hand looks like someone who would faint if he saw a bit of dirt on his designer clothing. Someone who got no respect from anyone, and the only people attracted to him were gay guys because of how wimpy he looked. You cannot have a good game without a good protagonist. Adam Jensen looks like a bit of a scumbag, but considering the time, and that he is an imperfect person getting imperfect augs, I think it could work out well. At least he looks like someone capable of tying his own shoes.)