Thread: Campaigns of the Coalition: Prussia

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Default Campaigns of the Coalition: Prussia

This is the Prussian Campaign of Napoleon Total War.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

Default Re: Campaigns of the Coalition: Prussia

I will add some starting details to get things started.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Starting Scenario:

Turns: 168 Early January 1805 to Late December 1812

Faction: Prussia

Allied Factions: None

Neutral Factions: All

Enemy Factions: None

Trade Partners: Russia, Denmark, Sweden, Mecklenburg

Starting Treasury:

Starting Income: 1721

Regions at Start: (7) Brandenburg, East Prussia, West Prussia, Silesia, Greater Poland, Pommerania, Cleves-Mark

Starting Forces: Army;
    Garrisons; (Cleves) 1 Cav, 1 HA, 1 Lt Inf, 2 Inf, (Danzig) 1 Lt Inf, 2 Mil, (Berlin) Prinz von Preußen, 2 Cav, 2 HA, 2 Grn, 2 Lt Inf, 2 Inf, (Königsberg) von Blücher, 2 Cav, 2 HA, 4 Lt Inf, 1 Inf, (Stettin) Hohenlohe-Ingelfinger, 1 Cav, 2 HA, 2 Lt Inf, 2 Inf, (Warsaw) 1 Arty, 1 Lt Inf, 2 Inf, (Breslau) 1 Arty, 1 Lt Inf, 2 Mil.

Field Armies; None

Fleets: None

Trade Fleets; None

Agents: 1 Spy, 1 Gentleman

Objective Regions: (11) East Prussia, Hannover, Baden-Württemberg, Bavaria, Silesia, Frisia, Mecklenburg, Brandenburg, Hessen-Kassel, Saxony & Thuringia, Bohemia.

Victory Conditions: Capture 25 Regions including the Objective Regions

Abbreviations: Cav= cavalry, Arty= Artillery, Inf= Line Infantry, Lt Inf= Light Infantry, Mil= Militia, Grn= Grenadier, HA= Horse Artillery

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

When playing as Prussia, make sure you forge alliances with SWEDEN AND RUSSIA. Top priority. The north will be secured and the east as well.

Mecklenburg is up for grabs so move your troops as soon as possible to have an extra province, while reducing the threat for Brandenburg. Furthermore, sign an alliance with Denmark, Oldenburg and Hessen, and now everything is complete. If you can, forge an alliance with Austria, and with that complete, focus on working up your economy.

Keep the war away as much as possible so your troops will be ready. Once ready, invade invade invade, and fast, before the super troops come. By that time, hopefully you've built defenses and your troops are replenished.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Member Member Shigemasa Oyamada's Avatar

I'm an agressive player in ETW-NTW as opposed to my favorite MTW2, as in these games I have the traditional Prussian Agressiveness (my family is a very long line of Prussians ). My stategy is to mirror Bismarck and unite the squabbling German fiefdoms. Mecklenburg, Saxony, Hessen, Bavaria, Hannover, Baden-Wurttemburg and the rest are my objectives.

Early in the game I just focus on the small states like Mecklenburg and Saxony that are close to home, destroying them before they produce full-stacks of Line Infantry. To feed my Germany-United thirst I occupy them all (Liberating by the way is my favorite feature of NTW, as it makes the provinces virtually self-sufficient and makes the game feel more realistic).

Waiting the settlements out minimizes losses and makes the battles easier, and considering you're not hostile to anyone at the beginning time isn't a huge factor (unless you're worried Hessen is gonna crank out those Line Infantry like Britain just started a mercenary recruitment drive). Prussian Units tend to beat anything the Mini-states have, so generally I don't find these battles to be incredibly difficult. Its also a good idea to keep a army in Cleves-Mark in case ol' Napoleon decides Prussia will be history and Batavia (Holland) follows suit.

Diplomacy isn't something Prussians need to be too bothered with in my expierence since Russia within a few turns usually comes with promises of friendship, ensuring your entrance into the Coalition. Napoleon however doesn't seem to find Prussia too attractive of a target, as in my games he's fully employed combatting the Dual-Monarchy and generally leave's me alone. Too bad I don't leave him alone.

Hannover and Baden-Wurttemburg (usually Bavaria is a tug-of-war) are on my list of German territories, meaning it is my Nationalist duty to remove the French from my brethren's lands. They're typically undefended so that isn't particularly difficult. However any conquests of the of the southern Provinces like Bavaria or Baden-Wurttemburg means Napoloen will be mobilising his forces to respond, so you have been warned.

By the time me and Bonaparte start tussling I hold all of Modern day Germany and much of Poland, giving me a decent economic base. The problem with Prussian soldiers however is you're stuck with what you got at the beginning of the game, which aren't horrible units but they can't really compare to the elite of France once they start teching. At this point numbers will be your friend, and chances are that unless the Austrians lost a crucial battle they will be drawing some troops too, making your job somewhat easier.

In NTW there is nothing really I love more on the battlefield than Cannons, which can be very devastating when used right. This applies to all factions, but Cannons are particularly good for taking out the Uber units that the French Republic fields, so earning its mention in my post.

In the end what sums up my post is- Keep on conquering. Make those indolent mini-states bow to you, and then see to it that Napoleon follows suit. Thanks for reading my posts and I hope it inspires the Prussian spirit in you!
    It is possible to be too much smarter than your opponent. If you give credit for more subtlety than he has, he can achieve tactical surprise by doing the obvious.

is there a thread for the french campagin as well?

with my experience,use all light infantry is how you gonna end the campaign.coz light infantry got fastest reload rate and 15 ammunition(enough ammunition to kill all enemies troops.
    In all warfare,speed is the key!