Thread: How do you make ships in Europa Barbarorum as Sweboz or other Barbarians in campaign?

Default How do you make ships in Europa Barbarorum as Sweboz or other Barbarians in campaign?

Hello. I would like to know how to make ships as I see no way to do this while playing as the Sweboz in campaign. Thanks.

Default Re: How do you make ships in Europa Barbarorum as Sweboz or other Barbarians in campa

Think you wil find what you need in this thread

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...1-Sweboz-Ships

I've just kicked the clappers out of sweboz in my VH/VH Casse campaign. I know that has no relevance to this topic but I just felt the need to brag a little :)

Klibanophoros Ton Rhomaioktono Member Duguntz's Avatar

Default Re: How do you make ships in Europa Barbarorum as Sweboz or other Barbarians in campa

yeah... because oof the legendary AI... worthy of hannibal! I admit that VH/VH, that's a feats! I never fighted against sweboz in VH, so i can't tell how much of a feat it is... but congrats ansd good luck in your campaing!
    Opinions are like bacteries : we all have, but it's better to keep them for ourself... (By me!)

generously given by Nachtmeister
    generously given by Macilrille for Sweboz combat tactics
    Generously given by Brennus

Gawjam~Skandsawoz (Åhus in Skåne) and Gawjam~Gotanoz (Visby on Gotland) can build your ships. Not very good ships, but ships nonetheless.
    Funny that Viperlord has went for the Sweboz as Casse, when I have my tribal area/core secure as Sweboz I usually go for Casse cause of the economy boost it provides, and because I am a Viking re-enactor, so there is a certain draw/appeal to invading the British Isles ;-) Oh well, the world revolves and each game its own strategy.
    'For months Augustus let hair and beard grow and occasionally banged his head against the walls whilst shouting; "Quinctillius Varus, give me my legions back"' -Sueton, Augustus.

"Deliver us oh God, from the fury of the Norsemen", French prayer, 9th century.
    Ask gi'r klask! ask-vikingekampgruppe.dk

Balloon count: 13

Haaa, yeah, the pleasure of reenactement. i also, i think I told you, reenact, in Canada. But mostly on feudal period of France england and germany. The medieval compagny is the name of the organisation. though It'll be one year, nearly, since I haven't put my armor on... I miss it dearly!
    Opinions are like bacteries : we all have, but it's better to keep them for ourself... (By me!)

Thanks all so I guess only certain cities can build ships? I have most territories that are supposed to be victory regions but I dont'think I have Scandza and I can only reach Wisby by sea.

Skåne is a VC Region as well, so you might as well take it.

Yes, only certain cities can contain a military harbour; which is what you need to build ships.
    'For months Augustus let hair and beard grow and occasionally banged his head against the walls whilst shouting; "Quinctillius Varus, give me my legions back"' -Sueton, Augustus.

By the way, do I need level 1 government to build the port that makes boats in Skandza because I made it a level 4 settlement.

Pretty sure it does not matter what govt level u have.

In the EB file there is a folder called "JMRC building tree" - open that up and there is a chart for each faction. It's for buildings only not units but it should help a bit.

Varangarchos ton Romaioktonon Member Hannibal Khan the Great's Avatar

I think you need a lvl 3, that's what I built my ships at. It wouldn't let me build the harbor at lvl 1. Not sure about 2 or 4 though.
    Last edited by Hannibal Khan the Great; 03-16-2010 at 23:56.
    from Megas Methuselah for helping with city names from Hooahguy for my sig

Anyway, harbour give a money boost, but if it's strickly to reach the (rather annoying) little island in the northen north of your empire, read your unit cards carefully, on most of them it's written : Can swim... :P

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Duguntz View Post
    Anyway, harbour give a money boost, but if it's strickly to reach the (rather annoying) little island in the northen north of your empire, read your unit cards carefully, on most of them it's written : Can swim... :P
    Apparently, the longhair companions can't swim...

well, why not build level 2, and pump out one transport boat?

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC

Weird I thought that an Autonomous Govmt (number 4) in a settlement couldn't let you build as many buildings.

Why not make the highest MIC you can? Skåne is certainly part of the cradle of Germanic tribes and thus a homeland.

iudex thervingiorum Member athanaric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justinius View Post
    Weird I thought that an Autonomous Govmt (number 4) in a settlement couldn't let you build as many buildings.
    That's true. It restricts the port upgrades for most factions. Thus the only government types that make sense in Skandza are type I and type II. Type IV is a waste of opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    Why not make the highest MIC you can? Skåne is certainly part of the cradle of Germanic tribes and thus a homeland.
    You "only" need a level 4 factional MIC there, since the pikemen and the reform units are unavailable in Scandinavia.
    Last edited by athanaric; 03-16-2010 at 22:13.

Swêboz guide for EB 1.2
    Tips and Tricks for New Players
    from Hannibal Khan the Great, Brennus, Tellos Athenaios, and Winsington III.

Tired, slept only 3 hours last night and been up for 18 hours since then. I meant highest lvl Government, which translates to lowest type.

Are they any unique units that you can make in Scandinavia with type 4 and not type 1? I noticed that the buildings are pretty much the same no matter which government you have and that making govnt level 1 give you no faction or even no units at all to recruit in a city... weird

Before you start ANY campaign with a new faction for the first time, the recruitment viewer is your best friend. Take a look at what you can recruit and where and at what level MIC you need (and also factional or regional). Will save you a tonne of time upgrading MIC's that have no real benefit.

iudex thervingiorum Member athanaric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justinius View Post
    Are they any unique units that you can make in Scandinavia with type 4 and not type 1?
    No regional MIC units in Scandinavia. Only factional units. Therefore NO REASON AT ALL TO BUILD A TYPE IV GOVERNMENT THERE. Type I is ideal. Type II still makes sense. The rest doesn't.

This one:

requires Type III government or better (Factional MIC 3).

I noticed that the buildings are pretty much the same no matter which government you have and that making govnt level 1 give you no faction or even no units at all to recruit in a city... weird
    Well, you need to build up the factional MIC of course. In your homeland regions, it's always the best idea to build a Type I government wherever you can. Otherwise you may not have access to your own elite troops.
    Last edited by athanaric; 03-19-2010 at 10:37.

Swêboz guide for EB 1.2
    Tips and Tricks for New Players
    from Hannibal Khan the Great, Brennus, Tellos Athenaios, and Winsington III.