Thread: Napoleon Multiplayer Bug Reports

Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar

CA Napoleon Multiplayer Bug Reports

Invicible Horse-art Bug is still with us, and worse than in Empire.

Both horse and foot “limbered” artillery are immune to small arms fire and melee combat attack, both standing or in motion. Cannon can still take them out, and under small arms fire they will rout, and can be killed when routing.

Moving through enemy firing range, they will draw (useless) fire away from infantry if they were the target first in range. So they can be used as a shield to a certain extent if placed in front of other troops.
    Last edited by Tomisama; 04-12-2010 at 12:47.
    HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

Default Re: Napoleon Multiplayer Bug Reports

i think this is a bug but not to sure. played a clan mate in a game today where i killed his general however his men were still inspired by the general and they were fatigued as well. it might have been because even though his general died the general unit rallied and was still there. that is why i am not sure it if is a bug

Fade-away chat in both setup and in-game, has to go!

I am sure there was good intention with this, but in practical application, it does not work!

We need to see current and previous chat all the time, and this is very important.

Also the private-room chat in the lobby, again was well intentioned I’m sure, but again in practical application, it is not what we need.

As dangerous as an open-public chat is for reasons already in evidence (bad conduct on the part of a few), but it is also essential to the way that multiplayer community does business.

We need to be able to meet and make friends, make open invitations to games, build and rally Clans, and joke and have fun in a public arena.

This is the Total War multiplayer way of life, and it sorely missed by all who have had it available for so many years.

Please give us back our community chat.

Thank you for your consideration
    Last edited by Tomisama; 04-12-2010 at 12:48.

Senior Member Senior Member Dionysus9's Avatar

I agree 100% with Tomi. My son (7) will often watch over my shoulder, so I am concerned about foul chat-- however-- the game filters the chat ***** and the playground is probably worse. Please bring back open lobby chat.
    Last edited by Dionysus9; 04-13-2010 at 21:50.
    Hunter_Bachus

The multiplayer rain bug:

Regardless of the weather selected you can end up with rain, and have to completely rehost to get rid of it, simply going back and restarting won't stop it.
    Last edited by Tomisama; 04-19-2010 at 11:36.

..fears no adversary Senior Member Jochi Khan's Avatar

Desync bug:

The desync bug is back.

Twenty minutes into a 2 v 2 MP game we got a Desync message.

Dropped each player in turn and finally the host.
    R.I.P Great Warrior Ja mata TosaInu

sat at the..Nomad Alliance..campfire

Do your best and do it according to your own inner standard
    --call it conscience--
    not just according to society's knowledge and judgement of your deeds.

Dead Cannon Crew Bug

Three howitzer battery set in to position, then aimed (moving slightly), and fired. The re-aiming directed one gun to fire directly into a tree. The resulting back ballast and following shell explosion killed that gun’s crew members. The other two guns were unharmed, and continued to fire.

When the order was given to move out, all three limbers moved around front, the two active guns were turned around and hooked up. Of course the third cannon could not be turned or hooked as the crew was dead. As a result, “all three” howitzers were then stuck in position for the rest of the battle.

Dropped Battery Bug

The above Dead Crew Bug may have been a direct relation to, or maybe just a coincidental result of the Dropped Battery Bug.

This is where a gun battery goes missing from the program move-update, for no directly discernable reason.

It may be because of this-or-that sub-bug (missing gun crew, no return to fire-at-will, will not re-aim), no one really knows for sure, but the result is that you loose the control of entire battery for the balance of the game.
    Last edited by Tomisama; 06-21-2010 at 12:51.

Blog Entries

selecting "bug" might be my lack of knowledge either. I somehow grouped some units which i could select, but dont move anymore. Grouping worked, but thats it.

Is there a tread about improvements? I have some suggestion id like to share.

Koc

yeah something is wrong with a bit more hardcore grouping....
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

Blog Entries

alright, more bugs incoming. I tested/played more games and thats what i saw:

1. Border bug, Units next to the border act weird, units keep moving, dont attack, run somewhere. Normal right click order has sometimes no effect. Drag and drop help sometimes, but still, its a bug.

2. Maps in general, as soon there is somewhere a house or more, this small hills or this "big hills" (nogo-erea) units start to walk where they want, i saved a replay yesterday ( im goin to upload it this evening) where
    you clearly can see my units walk around with doin nothing.

3. Controlling, unit selecting many times simply dont work, you have all the time to ensure the hotkey you did use actual did "work", many times you have to select a grp more than once.
    Sometimes you select one unit and somehow you have more than the unit you selected.

3.1. running. Running doesnt work in most cases, it also seems that the doubleclick with the mouse is less effective than hitting the key.

I leave out any suggestion about what should be better or what is annoying, but there is much to improve. The whole UI/controlling is a pain.

PS: i will start to add more and more replays. Funny thing is, if you watch the replay, you could think, that im just to stupid to controll my right flank. I can ensure, that this isnt the case, i had plenty of time to somehow work around with the behavior of all my units...