Thread: Need help with Custom Battle

Not really a modding question, but this looks like it could be a very fun battle to re-enact using the Custom Battles feature, but I have some questions:

1)How do you get Lithuanian Cavalry to show up on the list of units available to the Polish in selecting the units for the custom battle? If this is not possible, I suppose I could use Alan Mercs, but I would much rather use Lith Cav with valor upgrades to represent the knights led by Vytautas, the Lithuanian warlord.

2)How do you get the huge armies in Custom Battles. Is it that you have to load the custom battle with your game set to use huge armies?

3) Does anyone have any modded units that would fit into this battle (such as Tartars, ? If so, can modded units be added to the list available for custom battles?

4) Is there any way to set which unit will be the general of each side and set the command rating for each general?

5) Would anyone actually be interested in playing this historic battle?

Thanks in advance.

I sure would You might want to make the various divisions of an army be represented by different factions so you can make big armies this way (but you can't control them like you would want to). Look for a decent guide on scenario/custom battle creation for Shogun (its pretty similar for MTW) or for MTW if there's any. Check out the custom battles and see how the files/names/data relate to each other. There are a lot of very informative posts on this site about creating the battle of Blore Heath w/c u might want to take a look at.

Regards,
    Gloucester
    "Ad majoram Dei gloriam"

get barrocas guide to modding battles (it was for the demo but works fine for the full game ) i used it and made Northallerton which is available from the org for dload, have fun making a battle m8
    Master of Total Battles The no 1 historical battles site

A proud member of theOOOO