Thread: Questions about a Massilian campaign

Default Questions about a Massilian campaign

I'm thinking of playing a Massilian campaign by moving the KH there using console codes, bribery, etc (I've done this before with the Bosporian Kingdom). I wanted to double check a few things about units and recruiting...

1. Massilian Hoplites have spear and sword. Which do they default to? If they were standing there in a line unattended, and cavalry charged them, would they hit spears or swords?

2. Are the Gallic Noble Cavalry which come from level 5 local MICs a regular unit, or are they a general with a regenerating bodyguard and traits and so on?

3. Is there any easy way to get either of the above as KH bodyguard troops instead of the Greek style hoplites?

Fight like a meatgrinder

Default Re: Questions about a Massilian campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Morte66 View Post
    1. Massilian Hoplites have spear and sword. Which do they default to? If they were standing there in a line unattended, and cavalry charged them, would they hit spears or swords?
    I forget.

2. Are the Gallic Noble Cavalry which come from level 5 local MICs a regular unit, or are they a general with a regenerating bodyguard and traits and so on?
    Regular unit. The Celtic General you can recruit in Type4 governments is a dismounted unit of Neitos.

3. Is there any easy way to get either of the above as KH bodyguard troops instead of the Greek style hoplites?
    Yeah, you have to modify the EDU text file in EB's data folder. Don't use notepad or wordpad, use something like Notepad++, you can download it for free. As for what files to change, try a quick search of the forum, you'll find a guide.

Also, check this out.