Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334
Results 991 to 1,015 of 1015

Thread: The Revenge of Inishmore! [Concluded]

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Revenge of Inishmore! [Concluded?]

Check out The Godfather 3, by GH. Blame him.

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

honestly, i thought and consider that all Kiwis win including Tincow, Renata, AskthePizzaguy, Csargo, Beefy and Splitpersonality. Without Tincow and Particularly ATPG, i dont think the kiwis would have won.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atheotes View Post

honestly, i thought and consider that all Kiwis win including Tincow, Renata, AskthePizzaguy, Csargo, Beefy and Splitpersonality. Without Tincow and Particularly ATPG, i dont think the kiwis would have won.
    Yeah, I thought so too.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

This Space For Rent Member Renata's Avatar

I certainly thought so, considering the fit I threw when pever told me I had reverted to town upon my death. By then I knew the Australians and Kiwis were cults, and the identities of two mafia members -- how could I continue under those conditions? So I didn't.

Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar

And so it transpires that I wasn't guilty of anything whatsoever, and certaintly not being the backstabbing cow I was painted out to be.
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Secura View Post
    And so it transpires that I wasn't guilty of anything whatsoever, and certaintly not being the backstabbing cow I was painted out to be.
    That's usually the case. See Beefy's signature line: It's who you least expect to be guilty.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Secura View Post
    I always knew you weren't a traitor; I was the traitor. You were just a convenient scapegoat. Sorry if that annoyed you, but I needed an explanation for why Methos and YLC got knocked off in succession.

I've got to be entirely honest and say that I don't think the game was balanced whatsoever; while I was still town when I requested the WOG (busy busy at the time), I was still hoping to rejoin the Australians, but looking back at the QuickTopics and the fact that atheotes was always Kiwi and TinCow was foisted onto the Aussies... it seems as though the Australians had no chance of winning whatsoever, and to be frank, that doesn't make for a good game; YLC and Methos lost for reasons completely and utterly out of their control... they were basically going to die from the off.

I think any role should be able to win in a game of mafia, but when the chips are stacked that high against you, you're pretty much up excrement creek without a paddle. I know there's probably going to be alot of disagreement, but that's my two cents, really. I don't think I've been part of a game where things have just been that confusing and that stacked in mafia favour before.

As for annoying me... that would be an understatement. I think it's more disappointment than anything; disappointment that I was recruited, lied to regarding motives, kept in the dark then unconverted and treated with suspicion and disdain for matters I had no control over. I chastised and pressured Centurion for reasons why he converted me back, and I was not informed; I told the Australians everything and was still treated as a liar.

Anyway, I know now who to trust and who to overlook entirely, and I believe that I can walk away from the game with integrity, which suits me fine.
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

What's bad, is I had figured out it was Tincow that was the traitor, but due to other things I never came back to the game after I figured it out. After YLC's accusation against Secura and then his withdrawal, I posted an argument against Secura, but didn't request a vote against her. Like I told Secura, the leak is the first one who votes her and sure enough, Tincow did exactly that. Sorry I didn't stick around long enough to help after that point. Also, sorry Secura that I had to say such harsh things against you, but it was the best way to catch the leak (Tincow).

Quote Originally Posted by Methos View Post
    What's bad, is I had figured out it was Tincow that was the traitor, but due to other things I never came back to the game after I figured it out. After YLC's accusation against Secura and then his withdrawal, I posted an argument against Secura, but didn't request a vote against her. Like I told Secura, the leak is the first one who votes her and sure enough, Tincow did exactly that. Sorry I didn't stick around long enough to help after that point. Also, sorry Secura that I had to say such harsh things against you, but it was the best way to catch the leak (Tincow).
    Yes, but the town didn't believe it unfortunately... it's worse for Niklas who was lynched in my stead after I asked for the WOG for the same reason I was supposed to be lynched; it was well-played, but I still feel it was imbalanced against you and YLC (and, indeed, the town) from the get-go, really.

Cthonic God of Deception Member ULC's Avatar
    In the swirling maddening chaos of the cosmos unseen to man...

Sorry for the accusations Secura, they weren't personal - I did suspect TC, but couldn't understand what his motivation would have been. As to keeping all the converts in the dark, I wanted to insure a minimum of in thread behavior change.

Quote Originally Posted by YLC View Post
    Sorry for the accusations Secura, they weren't personal - I did suspect TC, but couldn't understand what his motivation would have been. As to keeping all the converts in the dark, I wanted to insure a minimum of in thread behavior change.
    Don't worry about it... you just know now that I was loyal to your cause right to the point of rule-breaking (albeit unwittingly) for your benefit. Hopefully people will bear that in mind in future games.

It was fun though. :3

Wherever my blade takes me or to school, it sorta depends

secura i randomly picked you i didnt even know what my role did i thought i was a roleblocker.

Apologies to YLC, Methos and Secura - I just played the game and took advantage of the situation.
    I was set up to be in competition with the Aussies. They did not know about my intentions, but I had to deal with the fact that to wait till the second night to recruit and also stay out of suspicion from the Aussies. When i could have recruited for my own cause, i still recruited for the aussies when YLC had he cat.

Though it might seem imbalanced...it is only seems so because i recruited TC, who was mafia. Otherwise i would have lost. After Tincow died i could only recruit every other night.
    We had to figure out a lot of things along the way, ATPG helped me quite a bit and i still could have lost the game even during the last night. If i got killed, i had no chance for victory. The mafia could have easily killed me and gotten a victory of their own. I had to be on the guard against that possibility which became a likelihood in my eyes after pever told TC and ATPG that they are not kiwis after they died.

pever told TC and ATPG that they are not kiwis after they died.
    pever never told me that, I thought I died a kiwi.

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    pever never told me that, I thought I died a kiwi.
    hmm...thats what ATPG told me...perhaps it was just him.

Blog Entries

I never needed to tell TC. TinCow was, as far as I could see, doing nicely as a dead person. ATPG was not. No one retained their converted allegiance after death.

hmm...thats what ATPG told me...perhaps it was just him.
    It wouldn't have made a difference to me anyway. It's extremely unbalanced for someone recruited to an anti-town group to revert to their original status on death. That would essentially mean that the anti-town group would be defeated unless they can keep all of their members alive, something which is pretty much impossible. As such, I would never have revealed any of the kiwis after I died, even if I had known... it's simply too game-breaking.

Blog Entries

eh what can i say:

Some roles are there for fun, not to win.

From about day 5 onwards, I no longer cared about this game. The attitude and effort of quite a few players made hosting this game no fun at all. I was on the edge of asking for it to be shut down for 3 or 4 real life days.

I hope a few of you enjoyed playing, because this turned into a rather large chore.

For my own part, I must say that the incentive to be more active is pretty weak. Every time I try to get more involved in a game here at the org, and do more than just post 1-2 line accusations, people start to think that I'm acting suspiciously. On the other hand, when I stay quieter and avoid saying anything remotely controversial, I seem to coast along quite easily, without the slightest fear of being lynched.

I enjoyed the game pever and thanks for hosting it. I also know a few people who enjoyed it till they died.

In case anyone is interested: the QTs that were used by the Aussie group -
    one for the core members: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/93DQYwLxdW8BD
    and one for the recruits: http://www.quicktopic.com/44/H/tzZ9DrWvVrqKE

Blog Entries

Thanks for hosting.

It was warman's idea to kill renata, I was against it at first but went with it for the hope of WIFOM paying off....

Which made it all the worse when he didn't send the order in, that was a breaking point for me, but oh well.

Besides someone else killed her....

This Space For Rent Member Renata's Avatar

I'm just glad I was right about you, TM. Mwahahahahaha.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Renata View Post
    I'm just glad I was right about you, TM. Mwahahahahaha.
    Yeah...

2 cute to execute Member Joooray's Avatar

Man, this was quite a ride. And a confusing one, too.

I'm very ashamed that I didn't do a better job in helping the town to victory, but I was never as active as I liked to be and also had a hard time figuring out how to utilise my role for the advantage of the town. It was the first time I was a pro-town detective and so I was pretty inexperienced in how to act from the outset. Additionally with the way pever set the game up and me not being able to communicate with the people I investigated as innocent, and unfortunately I mainly investigated innocent people, I really didn't know how to act on my knowledge. Also with all these crazy roles around, I never knew what to think of anybody and I wasn't aware of my anti-arsonist ability. So, pever, I liked that you tried to limit the ability of a pro-town movement, but maybe this wasn't actually necessary with the kiwis and aussies around, as this movement could have never been entirely sure about the real motivation of its members.
    Also BTW: Why did I investigate Beefy as normal townie when he was the crazy cat man?

Looking back at the game, I guess I should have revealed my role earlier. But I decided to wait until I had something to present to the others and unfortunately I never had. For one, as said before, I only once hit a mafioso (TinCow), who I killed by investigating and most of the innocent I investigated, where killed or lynched soon after.

So, sorry for my bad performance and congratulation to those bloody kiwis for their victory.
    And above all, thanks to pever for hosting this. I'm sad to hear that you didn't enjoy it. I at least had a fun time.

Supreme Victory, The Shadow Fort
    © Crazed Rabbit

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334