Thread: how to make britain have seleucid homeland attributes?

Default how to make britain have seleucid homeland attributes?

Hi folks been away for a while and thought i would try a migration game , moving my seleucid faction over to british islands and was wondering how to make it possible to recruit all seleucid units in this area and also how to edit the cataphract reforms and any needed for the tab unit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Default Re: how to make britain have seleucid homeland attributes?

The following is a bit crude but I don't think a single game justifies stuff like changing the script.

1. backup export_descr_buildings.txt and export_descr_unit.txt

2. To be able to build homeland governments anywhere (just only build them in Britain):

- open EDB

- search for "gov1 requires factions"

you'll see the line "gov1 requires factions { britons, dacia, gauls, germans, scythia, spain, egypt, saba, carthage, romans_scipii, numidia, romans_brutii, romans_julii, greek_cities, macedon, thrace, seleucid, } and building_present_min_level hinterland_precursor homeland and not hidden_resource not_here"

- remove "and building_present_min_level hinterland_precursor homeland"

It doesn't matter that this affects all factions. The AI gets it's governments by script anyway.

3. Seleucid units in Britain (and a few other places):

- In EDB search for "building Barracks_J"

You'll see the Seleucid factional barracks. The hidden resources determine where a unit can be recruited.

- To make akontistai recruitable just add the line "recruit "greek skirmisher akontistai" 0 requires factions { romans_julii, } and hidden_resource NW and hidden_resource B"

You of course have to do that in all 5 barracks if you want them to available from the lowest level onwards. Same with any other unit.
    There is a hardcoded limit how many units a city can recruit, between 32 - 35 (don't remember). Given that you still have british regionals
    and ships don't go above 20 units on the highest barracks to be on the save side.

4. Cataphracts and TABs from the start

- Open EDU

- search for "hellenistic cavalry hellenikoi kataphraktoi"

- change primary weapon from siege to blade

The unit now is now available from the start but also benefits from smiths, so:

- reduce first number of stat_pri, stat_sec, stat_pri_armour by 1

- search for "hellenistic infantry thorakitai argyraspidai"

- change primary weapon from siege to blade

- reduce first number of stat_pri, stat_sec, stat_pri_armour by 1

Any other units that are triggered by cata reforms? I never played Seleucids.

Well that should be it. All this stuff is still editable after game start so if I made mistakes your not screwed.

Default Re: how to make britain have seleucid homeland attributes?

wow thx man sorry for the late reply i'm horrendously in debt but am making it back and still have an effective standing army :), i always liked migration campaigns in this and other mods but this is proving to be a real challenge :D, took me a while to get everythingn edited but i'm alaso playing by house rules so only uk can be my homeland untill at least 2 generations after capture a settlement and even then only by disbanding significant amounts of troops in settled areas, is great fun :)