Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 98

Thread: i have found my match

  1. #1
    Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Fortress
    Posts
    11,615

    Default i have found my match

    today i met my match. i am sure of it.
    she loves metallica and iron maiden, and even plays guitar! shes from the UK, and will be joining my grade in August.
    match made in heaven, no?

    by the way, no dice with that girl i mentioned earlier who flirted with me a lot. turns out she does that with a lot of guys.
    but it doesnt matter, i found someone better.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

  2. #2
    Iron Fist Senior Member Husar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    15,617

    Default Re: i have found my match

    You probably mean the other girl was a match and this one's a lighter?

    I thought finding your match meant you found someone who can beat you but now I cannot find any references to that?

    I wouldn't get overly excited yet, excited yes, overly no, you just met her today, tomorrow she might tell you of her boyfriend and you'll have to open a completely new thread about how to get rid of him.


    "Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

  3. #3
    Member Megas Methuselah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Prairie Grasslands
    Posts
    5,040

    Default Re: i have found my match

    Hey, you came back? Niiiice, this is so fun!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    today i met my match. i am sure of it.
    she loves metallica and iron maiden, and even plays guitar! shes from the UK, and will be joining my grade in August.
    match made in heaven, no?
    And that's a very nice thing, but I'm the kind of guy that puts a bit more value on looks, you know?

    She hot?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy
    by the way, no dice with that girl i mentioned earlier who flirted with me a lot. turns out she does that with a lot of guys.
    ??? Lol, sweeeet. Did she play you?!

  4. #4
    Tuba Son Member Subotan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Land of Heat and Clockwork
    Posts
    4,990
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: i have found my match

    I know loads of British girls who like Metallica

  5. #5
    Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Posts
    2,953
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: i have found my match

    Apart from shared interests, or at least similar taste in music, does she seem interested?
    Best not to get overly exited like Husar said. Don't pin yourself on one girl you don't know very well, be open for others too. Love (for lack of a better word) sometimes comes from unexpected places.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

  6. #6
    Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Edge of Glory
    Posts
    3,856

    Default Re: i have found my match

    Quote Originally Posted by Subotan View Post
    I know loads of British girls who like Metallica
    Hell yes! ^_^
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

  7. #7
    the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    11,585
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: i have found my match

    Quote Originally Posted by Megas Methuselah View Post
    And that's a very nice thing, but I'm the kind of guy that puts a bit more value on looks, you know?
    I'm the kind of guy that has trouble believeing that, you know?

    Quote Originally Posted by Subotan View Post
    I know loads of British girls who like Metallica
    Metalliwho? Seriously, may be a mental blank I know they're a band and I know they're big, but I have no idea what any of their songs are.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peasant Phill View Post
    Love (for lack of a better word) sometimes comes from unexpected places.
    So very true. You don't even have to share anything in common. Then a few years later they bugger off to England.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

    Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    5,420
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: i have found my match

    Good for You, Hooahguy! It's time to settle down, get some loans what even your children will keep paying back to the bank, 2-3 kids etc.

  9. #9

    Default Re: i have found my match

    Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    You probably mean the other girl was a match and this one's a lighter?

    I thought finding your match meant you found someone who can beat you but now I cannot find any references to that?

    I wouldn't get overly excited yet, excited yes, overly no, you just met her today, tomorrow she might tell you of her boyfriend and you'll have to open a completely new thread about how to get rid of him.
    Looks like Hus called it

  10. #10
    Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Western New Yuck
    Posts
    7,914

    Default Re: i have found my match

    Spring is in the air. Love the one you're with.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

  11. #11
    Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Living in the past
    Posts
    3,509

    Default Re: i have found my match

    I don't know how many times I heared 'I have a boyfired.' (one time I said 'I don't mind'...but it didn't work). Anyway...perhaps I just am ugly or have bad breath. Make sure you bathe and floss your teeth! You'll probably be in like flint then!
    Silence is beautiful

  12. #12
    Iron Fist Senior Member Husar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    15,617

    Default Re: i have found my match

    I'd still like to know whether "I was the best at tennis, but now I've found my match."
    can mean "I was the best at tennis, but now I met someone who can beat me at tennis."
    in addition to "I was the best at tennis, but now I am married and my wife has forbidden me to play and since I depend on her for love I have to obey" ?


    "Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

  13. #13
    Member Member Hax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,352

    Default Re: i have found my match

    I know loads of British girls who like Metallica
    God, don't even start it. The only girls that like me listen to metal, mainly. This is a real conversation:

    She: "Ah, so you listen to The Band? That's awesome!"
    Me: "Uhhuh! Have you heard of them?"
    She: "Yeah, of course! My father listens to them...he's 60 ;D"
    Me: "..g-great, thanks"

    So whenever we talk about music, I just go on and on about CCR, The Band, The Who, BTO, Lynyrd Skynyrd, etc. I mean, I can't even pronounce all of those Finnish names. :_: Although we usually do share the love for folk music (although they don't all admire Huun Huur Tu the way I do).
    This space intentionally left blank.

  14. #14
    Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Posts
    3,991
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: i have found my match

    Quote Originally Posted by Secura View Post
    Hell yes! ^_^
    so Hooahguy, bring her in front of computer and look for a probability that she will log in to this org as secura.....

    My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

    Also known as SPIKE in TWC

  15. #15
    Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    In my own skin.
    Posts
    13,208

    Default Re: i have found my match

    Quote Originally Posted by Secura View Post
    Hell yes! ^_^
    Expect to get love letters from Hooahguy
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

    Ja mata, TosaInu

  16. #16
    Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Edge of Glory
    Posts
    3,856

    Default Re: i have found my match

    Quote Originally Posted by Andres View Post
    Expect to get love letters from Hooahguy


    I don't genuinely love them, I can just appreciate some of their songs like One or Enter Sandman... in fact probably just those, haha.

    I attended Leeds Festival in 2008 where Metallica were the headlining act for the Friday night; I chose to go with a "friend's" choice and watch The Cribs instead. In hindsight I should have gone with the once-in-a-lifetime chance of Metallica... I just couldn't tolerate the crowd there! xD
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

  17. #17
    Tuba Son Member Subotan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Land of Heat and Clockwork
    Posts
    4,990
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: i have found my match

    Quote Originally Posted by Hax View Post
    I mean, I can't even pronounce all of those Finnish names. :_:
    I do like Egotrippi

  18. #18
    the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    11,585
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: i have found my match

    Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    I'd still like to know whether "I was the best at tennis, but now I've found my match."
    can mean "I was the best at tennis, but now I met someone who can beat me at tennis."
    in addition to "I was the best at tennis, but now I am married and my wife has forbidden me to play and since I depend on her for love I have to obey" ?
    Yes it can. Though 'met' is more common than 'found'.

    Quote Originally Posted by A Nerd View Post
    You'll probably be in like flint then!
    In like flint? Like, making a fire? I dunno about you, but I'd rather be in like Flynn.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    In like Flynn

    Meaning

    To be quickly and/or emphatically successful, usually in a sexual or romantic context.

    Origin

    This phrase is commonly said to be a reference to Errol Flynn, the Australian film actor.


    Last edited by pevergreen; 04-19-2010 at 13:51.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

    Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

  19. #19
    Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Fortress
    Posts
    11,615

    Default Re: i have found my match

    Quote Originally Posted by Secura View Post


    I attended Leeds Festival in 2008
    how ironic. the girl im talking about is from Leeds.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

  20. #20
    the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    11,585
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: i have found my match

    Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    how ironic. the girl im talking about is from Leeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

    Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

  21. #21
    Tuba Son Member Subotan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    The Land of Heat and Clockwork
    Posts
    4,990
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: i have found my match

    Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    how ironic. the girl im talking about is from Leeds.
    That's like saying "I went to Chicago once" "How ironic. The girl I'm talking about is from Chicago".

  22. #22
    Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Edge of Glory
    Posts
    3,856

    Default Re: i have found my match

    Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    how ironic. the girl im talking about is from Leeds.
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

  23. #23
    Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Fortress
    Posts
    11,615

    Default Re: i have found my match

    Quote Originally Posted by Cute Wolf View Post
    so Hooahguy, bring her in front of computer and look for a probability that she will log in to this org as secura.....
    well. only one way to find out.
    Secura, are you moving to ATL with your family in the next few months?
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

  24. #24
    Iron Fist Senior Member Husar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    15,617

    Default Re: i have found my match

    Quote Originally Posted by Hax View Post
    God, don't even start it. The only girls that like me listen to metal, mainly. This is a real conversation:

    She: "Ah, so you listen to The Band? That's awesome!"
    Me: "Uhhuh! Have you heard of them?"
    She: "Yeah, of course! My father listens to them...he's 60 ;D"
    Me: "..g-great, thanks"
    That's great indeed.
    Now you know you have something to talk about with her dad.

    Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen View Post
    Yes it can. Though 'met' is more common than 'found'.
    Thank you.


    "Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

  25. #25
    Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Living in the past
    Posts
    3,509

    Default Re: i have found my match

    Nitpicking!!!!! (pet-peeve of mine)!!! Why you try and make me look dumb!? :(

    edit: or making it more apparent...
    Last edited by A Nerd; 04-19-2010 at 17:32.
    Silence is beautiful

  26. #26
    Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Edge of Glory
    Posts
    3,856

    Default Re: i have found my match

    Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    well. only one way to find out.
    Secura, are you moving to ATL with your family in the next few months?
    I guess that's Atlanta, right? No, I'm not.

    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

  27. #27
    Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Fortress
    Posts
    11,615

    Default Re: i have found my match

    Quote Originally Posted by Secura View Post
    I guess that's Atlanta, right? No, I'm not.

    then i guess you arent the lucky lady...
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

  28. #28
    Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Posts
    2,953
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: i have found my match

    Quote Originally Posted by Secura View Post
    ... the once-in-a-lifetime chance of Metallica...
    That's what I thought when I went to watch them at Werchter festival. And then they came the next year, and the next year and the next.
    IMO they're good to watch once for the show but not good enough anymore to follow them around. The guys are aging and I'll only watch 15-minute-solos-while-the-others-take-a-breather-backstage for so many times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

  29. #29
    Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Between Louis' sheets
    Posts
    10,369

    Default Re: i have found my match

    Dude you should marry her
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

    My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

    I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

  30. #30
    Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Edge of Glory
    Posts
    3,856

    Default Re: i have found my match

    Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    then i guess you arent the lucky lady...
    Hahaha, you're not to my 'specific' tastes anyway, treacle... but that doesn't mean she can't be a lucky lady! Good luck! :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Peasant Phill View Post
    That's what I thought when I went to watch them at Werchter festival. And then they came the next year, and the next year and the next.
    IMO they're good to watch once for the show but not good enough anymore to follow them around. The guys are aging and I'll only watch 15-minute-solos-while-the-others-take-a-breather-backstage for so many times.
    I'm glad I saw The Cribs instead, then!
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO