Thread: Crash whilst using EB on BI, followed the tutorial ( ? ) on how to make it run but ..

Default Crash whilst using EB on BI, followed the tutorial ( ? ) on how to make it run but ..

It doesn't really work. I can start op, loading takes an awfull lot of time ( I already assumed that wasn't good .. ) and then when I select the campaign I want, it crashes to my desktop. No error or anything given, it just crashes.
    Any ideas on how to fix would be appreciated.

Default Re: Crash whilst using EB on BI, followed the tutorial ( ? ) on how to make it run bu

Starting up Eb always takes long due to the number of files processed.

Since you do not specify the details of your installation, it would be just guesswork to answer.
    Standard installation procedure would be :
    Install Rome (on an OS with UAC (Win7, Vista) don't install to the "program files" folder; use eg. "C:\CA\Rome")
    Install BI
    install BI patch 1.6 (includes Rome 1.5), if your game has not already the version (eg. Rome Gold is already 1.5 and 1.6)
    startup the game to see if it is working. Configure audio, video etc for your system.
    copy the whole folder where you installed the game (where the rometw.exe is found) with all subfolders to a new folder (eg. "C:\CA\EB"); if anything goes wrong you then still have a working installation of vanilla Rome
    install eb 1.1
    install eb 1.2 patch
    install ferromancer's mod (EB on BI" found here: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...arian-Invasion )
    some people seem to have problems, when installing ferromancers mod before patch 1.2. Since the mod seems to contain the fixes of patch 1.2 you could skip the installation of Patch 1.2.

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Default Re: Crash whilst using EB on BI, followed the tutorial ( ? ) on how to make it run bu

Quote Originally Posted by Theages View Post
    some people seem to have problems, when installing ferromancers mod before patch 1.2. Since the mod seems to contain the fixes of patch 1.2 you could skip the installation of Patch 1.2.
    This will not work. You definetely need the 1.2 patch for Ferromancers installer. All you can do is to let his installer aplly the fixes for 1.2

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions