Thread: Help adding traits?

Default Help adding traits?

Hello all,
    I have hit the time frame for the marian reforms but I have hit one problem. Every single one of my characters with the popularis trait has some aesthetus (Spelt wrong) trait that gives them -3 command, so I cant get the 2 stars needed to have the reforms occur.

My next plan is to add the popularis trait to my faction leader so I can complete the reforms but I have run into a problem. I get the error saying trait doesnt exist.
    The characters name is Cnaevs Ivlivs Brvtvs
    Trait is Popularis

I typed in exactly:
    add_trait Cnaevs Ivlivs Brvtvs Popularis

I have tried various combinations like:
    add_trait "Cnaevs Ivlivs Brvtvs" "Popularis"
    add_trait "Cnaevs Ivlivs Brvtvs" Popularis
    add_trait Cnaevs Ivlivs Brvtvs "Popularis"

Help is appreciated if you can give it?

Default Re: Help adding traits?

Not sure, but shouldn't you be using the internal family names? So that would be "Cnaevs Romanvs" or: CnaevsA (A , B, C, ... until K) Romanvs?

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

EB naming system differs from vanilla.

Search\EB\Data\descr_names.txt for possible names.

In your case it is something like "Cnaevs Romanvs" or if you have more than one Cnaevs you have to add A...K at the first name like in descr_names.txt

Be sure to identify the correct FM by saving the game before doing anything and using "character_reset" to identify him.

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

Thanks for the help. Cnaevs worked. When I added a A-K or even just Romanvs the character was not recognized?

Also, is there is listing or a special way to do traits? I was trying to make a character that was already popularis into a 2 star general but none of the traits like Strategic Expert, Gifted Tactician, etc worked?

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

See \EB\Data\text\export_VnVs.txt for the traits used in EB.

You'll need to insert the 100% correct name in the console to get the wished FM. The vanilla naming system is not capable to do the things the team wanted, so the new system was invented

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions