Thread: How to get reformed pezhetairoi?

Default How to get reformed pezhetairoi?

i'm sorry if this has already been asked, and i remember reading it somewhere, but how do you get Macedon's Reformed Pezhetairoi?

Default Re: How to get reformed pezhetairoi?

When the March of Time is triggered. Romans must build a huge city in Italy (maybe only the starting provinces). Like the Marian Reforms in Vanilla.
    But why didn't you use the forum search? That would even be faster and easier then starting a topic...

thank you very much, if what you say is true then this post can be deleted

Symbasileus ton Rhomaioktonon Member Maion Maroneios's Avatar

If you're too bored to actually wait for the Rhomaioi to develop a Huge City with the "italy" resource, there's another way. Just conquer Italia and after turning a city of theirs into a Huge City, give it back through FD (Force Diplomacy) and wait for a turn. The MoT should be triggered then.
    ~Maion

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maion Maroneios View Post
    If you're too bored to actually wait for the Rhomaioi to develop a Huge City with the "italy" resource, there's another way. Just conquer Italia and after turning a city of theirs into a Huge City, give it back through FD (Force Diplomacy) and wait for a turn. The MoT should be triggered then.
    not exactly... still better to delete the "and marian_reforms" line in their EDB unit entry... so you won't need to exterminate a barbarian city twice...

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Cute Wolf View Post
    not exactly... still better to delete the "and marian_reforms" line in their EDB unit entry... so you won't need to exterminate a barbarian city twice...
    Good point there.
    “Save us, o Lord, from the arrows of the Magyars.” - A prayer from the 10th century.

This is probably a redundant question, but does anything pop up to notify you when the MoT event occurs? Just wondering because I think it isn't triggering for some reason in my last couple of campaigns- I'm using citymod but edited it to allow Capua and Arretium to become huge cities and thus trigger the event, Capua has reached huge city status under Roman control but no mention of the MoT event for 10 turns after.
    Balloons from Andronikos, Frontline1944, HunGeneral, m0r1d1n, Alsatia and skullheadhq

My EB Faction Wallpapers:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=120204

It always pops up for me in my Roman games, but I don't think I've ever had it pop in in my other games. Just look for new units. Eastern bodyguards mainly. KH pikemen and the reformed pezhetairoi too.

Sometimes the message appears, sometimes it doesn't. Dunno why though
    Europa Barbarorum Secretary

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

if you are neutral with the romans, the message will most likely appear. But when at war, the "marian reforms" events are supposed to be done under cover yes?

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC

I didn't get any notification in my Baktrian campain, and I had no dealings with the Romani at all. My FM bodyguards had changed, all of a sudden.