Thread: Be Careful What You Wish For..

Default Be Careful What You Wish For..

After about a year of playing a Romani campaign ( I only get to play a couple of hours a week ) I finally get the Marian reforms. And you know what? I miss my pedites extraordinarii, I long for a line of campanian cavalry sweeping along the flank of the Samnites, I even miss my Hastati being chewed up in the centre by almost any opposition.

Guess I'm just never happy.

btw, where do us Romans go for cavalry now?

Default Re: Be Careful What You Wish For..

Quote Originally Posted by AntonineWall View Post
    After about a year of playing a Romani campaign ( I only get to play a couple of hours a week ) I finally get the Marian reforms. And you know what? I miss my pedites extraordinarii, I long for a line of campanian cavalry sweeping along the flank of the Samnites, I even miss my Hastati being chewed up in the centre by almost any opposition.

Guess I'm just never happy.

btw, where do us Romans go for cavalry now?
    To Gallia, Germania, Hispania etc. You can buy excellent medium cavalry (auxiliaries) from your MICs there.
    Last edited by Apázlinemjó; 05-22-2010 at 00:11.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Finished essays: The Italian Wars (1494-1559), The siege of Buda (1686), The history of Boius tribe in the Carpathian Basin, Hungarian regiments' participation in the Austro-Prussian-Italian War in 1866, The Mithridatic Wars, Xenophon's Anabasis, The Carthagian colonization
    Skipped essays: Serbian migration into the Kingdom of Hungary in the 18th century, The Order of Saint John in the Kingdom of Hungary

Default Re: Be Careful What You Wish For..

Gaul, Germania, Thrakia will support you with auxiliary cavalry. Maybe there are more territories but I never played the romans for a longer time and can't remember more.
    IIRC the gallic cavalry are the only ones with a strong charge since the roman cavalry are mostly skirmishers. Maybe you can get some strong regional cavalry somewhere? You probably should use the recruitment viewer or look for some roman guides.

EDIT: Or you can use this:
    http://europabarbarorum.heimstatt.net/

Brihentin (gallic noble cavalry) is the only heavy cavalry you can recruit while the post-marian times it seems.
    Last edited by Rahl; 05-22-2010 at 00:19.