Thread: Medieval Total War: Crashes after loading

Default Medieval Total War: Crashes after loading

hello im new to this forum so im sorry if this is placed in the wrong area?
    basicly, i can load up MTW fine, i can choose a campaign (viking invasion included), i can select difficulty, i can select the faction
    now, sometimes it will load fine and i can play the game, although it will occasionally crash during gameplay. but it is very rare for me to actually get into the gameplay, nearly everytime i either start new campaign or load a previously saved one, the loading bar goes across and reaches the end, but then the game sort of minimizes and comes up with an error saying 'encounted a problem checking for solutions' but no solutions are found :(
    now, im not very 'computer smart' but here is what i found out about my laptop setup from help by a friend:
    i have: NVIDIA MCP79MVL, chip type: GeForce 8200M G
    one thing my friend found while surfing the internet was something about antialiasing but im not exacty sure what that is?
    does anyone have any ideas about what the problem could be?
    please remember that i am not very computer smart :(
    thanks
    Ellspeedy

Default Re: Medieval Total War: Crashes after loading

I know i'm still having problems with battles but I've not had any issues with the campaign. If you have Nvidia like i do you should be able to right click on your desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel.
    From there on the left hand side of the screen click on the "Manage 3D settings".
    The page that comes up will have 2 tabs. Global Settings and Program settings i would suggest using the program setting so as not to mess up anything =)
    When you click the program settings tab you should select the program to customise.
    The setting called "Antialiasing Mode" should be set to override (I think) and then the next setting below this the one with numbers should now be available to change.
    Many people say different settings so all i can suggest is to try it out one at a time. Also sometimes in the options menu of the game lowering the campaign map resolution helps (at least it did for me)
    Hope that works.

P.S. If you cant locate the NVIDIA control panel from right click you can go into your computers control panel and It will be in there =)

I Just Got The Same Problem When I Played As The Byzantines Then After That The Game Crashes So Need Help Here

Member Member Asteroids Champion, Run N Gun Champion, Hook Line & Sinker Champion, Zoo Keeper Champion, Street Racer Champion, Pipe Mania Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Boxteroid Champion, Spider Jump Champion, Asteroids 2k3 Champion, Jason's Pong Champion, Desert Battle Champion, Soap Bubble Champion, Burger Time Champion, Bug Juice Champion, Plastic Saucer Champion, Quick Shot Champion, Shuriken Challenge Champion, James Bomb Champion, Gary Golf Champion, Red Beard Champion, Crazy Cars Champion, Cell-Out Champion, Space Runner Champion, Submarine Champion, Space Rescue Champion, Roller Blaze Champion, Cub Shoot 2 Champion, Radial Snake Champion, Kirby's Star Scramble Champion, Chicken Champion, Shootout Champion, Starship Legend Champion, Space Hunter Champion, Jail Break Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Mouse Kill Champion, Treasure Diver Champion, Stuart's Xtreme Skateboarding Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Takion Champion, Jet Pac Stan Champion, Warthog Launch Champion, Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Gandys Quest Champion, Iceberg Champion, Candy Tetris Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion, Shoot The Gatso Champion, QB Challenge Champion, Fall Down Champion, Invasion 2196 Champion, Frogger Champion, Skeleton Park Champion, Slack Man Champion, Fishing the Sea Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Duck Tracker Champion, Bunny Grab Champion, Japanese Baseball Champion, jetpacker Champion, Disco Racer Champion, Lift Champion, Brighton Bounty Champion, V:force Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Tiger Moth Champion, Super Mario Mushroom Champion, Rotation Champion, Jack's Bar Champion, Fish Kill Champion, Ninja Turtles 2 Champion, Ping Champion, Killer Bob Champion, Cop-For-This Champion, Battle of Helms Deep Champion, Life Bouy Champion, Ice Racer Champion, Ghost 2000 Champion, Its Mine Champion, Home Run Rally Champion, Alien Invasion Champion, Homeland Defense Champion, KF 9000 Champion, Stick Avalanche Champion, Paintball Champion, What-A-Shot Champion, Reactor Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Mars Patrol Champion, Starcastle Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Sonny Sunshine Champion, Home Run Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Pin Headz Champion, Fun Santa Champion, Mission Mars Champion, Tontie Champion ConjurerDragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JhudielTheOne View Post
    I Just Got The Same Problem When I Played As The Byzantines Then After That The Game Crashes So Need Help Here
    Are you using an old CD-version of Medieval or the new Steam version?
    Which operating system?
    Medieval only or Medieval with Viking Invasion?
    One of those Nvidia graphic cards?
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...uple-solutions
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...nd-Cards%29-10
    Last edited by ConjurerDragon; 12-03-2017 at 14:32.

I am starting to get crashing problems.This is when I enter the camp map and do one turn it crashes.I ma on Wind XP SP 3.This happens all the time on sunday it was fine.

Sorry for the double post but this is possibly the answer and windows installed a new driver which is probably not the right one.https://youtu.be/8BezddIWVM0

https://youtu.be/8BezddIWVM0

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Age View Post
    Sorry for the double post but this is possibly the answer and windows installed a new driver which is probably not the right one.
    It does sound like the kind of problem caused by a driver/OS update. Did removing the update solve the problem, though?
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Not yet still download the Nvidea driver.
    Last edited by Age; 02-15-2018 at 23:17.

Update.This works no crashed after a few turns.Get DDU.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Medieval Total War: Crashes after loading

Quote Originally Posted by Age View Post
    Update.This works no crashed after a few turns.Get DDU.
    Thanks for letting us know

Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!