Poll: Who will you be supporting in the Final & 3rd place play-off?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435
Results 1,021 to 1,033 of 1033

Thread: The unofficial World Cup Thread,

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Re: The unofficial World Cup Thread,

The final was a disaster. Spain and Holland were equal in almost every category.

De Jong deserved to be red carded immediately, I agree. Van Bommel stopped after he got the yellow card, no red there. But Heitinga? Uhm, Heitinga did not deserve one single yellow card. The second one was a blatant dive from Iniesta that put Ronaldo to shame.

Iniesta might have scored, but he's a cheat. The second dive against Van der Wiel was even worse, VdW did not even touch him!
    But the Dutchies had their own mistakes too. Van Persie was USELESS. They played in 10 men. I never liked the guy, he was never an efficient striker. Where was Huntelaar? Kuyt was useless as well, but Elia was a mistake. It should have been Babel instead.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian View Post
    You guys are analyzing too much - it's simple, the country that didn't recognize Kosovo won because of their pure heart and unblemished record :D. That's why Germans and Dutchies had no chance...

Viva Espana!
    This is about football and not about your pathetic Kosovo.

Where have you been the last three weeks btw? First you were so excited cause Serbia won against Germany, and then they were eliminated, and you vanish from this thread. Instead you appear to the final poll to root against Germany. I take it that you're angry now that the Mannschaft came further than Serbia? What did you expect anyway? This is not the finest sportsmenship.

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval
    The final was a disaster. Spain and Holland were equal in almost every category.
    I tend to disagree. In fact, Spain is way ahead of most other teams, in technical ability and collective intelligence. Only in individual class the Dutch were equal, but then again not in the midfield. In strikers the Spaniards lack somehow, it's a bit frustrating to see a WC won with so few goals.
    Last edited by Centurio Nixalsverdrus; 07-14-2010 at 01:46.

They really have to address the diving. Aside from the vuvuzelas, the dives were the most annoying thing about the WC. "The beautiful game"? Not with all those ugly death grimaces. Overall, it was pretty enjoyable - more so than I expected. Wish I could have seen more of the games.
    This space intentionally left blank

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoshi View Post
    They really have to address the diving. Aside from the vuvuzelas, the dives were the most annoying thing about the WC. "The beautiful game"? Not with all those ugly death grimaces. Overall, it was pretty enjoyable - more so than I expected. Wish I could have seen more of the games.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierluigi_Collina

Grand Master Member Afonso I of Portugal's Avatar
    Lisboa, Portugal http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Afonso_I_of_Portugal

It's a lovely game Gregoshi as you can also see "divers" trying to steal the trophy...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-l7K6wNhms
    Last edited by Afonso I of Portugal; 07-14-2010 at 03:18.
    "Let the ruling classes tremble at a Communist revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win. Workers of the world, Unite!" - Manifesto of the Communist Party, Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels, 1848.
    "What does not kill us makes us stronger" - Friedrich Nietzsche.
    "Lord, protect me from people who love and trust, because I take care of my enemies" - Voltaire.
    "I can not agree with any of the words you say but defend to the death your right to say them" - Voltaire.
    "The main illnesses that attack the man comes from ignorance" - Voltaire.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoshi View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHYVT59zYgM

edit: lol http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/1039...herlands_.html
    Last edited by Fragony; 07-14-2010 at 10:14.

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval View Post
    Van Persie was USELESS.
    Again. It's not his fault if no-one passes to him. He's effective at Arsenal, where he gets passed to. Don't blame him for the deficiencies of Rob Schnieder and Ball Hog.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Senior Member Senior Member Ser Clegane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Centurio Nixalsverdrus View Post

Where have you been the last three weeks btw? First you were so excited cause Serbia won against Germany, and then they were eliminated, and you vanish from this thread. Instead you appear to the final poll to root against Germany. I take it that you're angry now that the Mannschaft came further than Serbia? What did you expect anyway? This is not the finest sportsmenship.
    I think Sarmatian's comment might have been "tongue in cheek".

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Centurio Nixalsverdrus View Post

What do you mean no one cares? It showed that God cared, he gave us this message through his cephalopod messenger...

Seriously, though, this is the frontroom, so I'm going to ignore rather insulting tone of your post and give you a normal reply. Work related issues prevented me from watching most of the games, so I limited myself to reading this thread instead of actually participating in the discussion. If it wasn't clear enough, my previous comment was a joke. Smiley ":D" should have been a dead give-away, or so I thought.

I generally root for the weaker team if I don't have a personal favourite, so I naturally hoped for Uruguvay win, but I don't have anything against Germany (some of my brest friends are Germans and I drive a German car and all that...). In fact, Germany was another team that pleasantly surprised me, the other being Uruguvay obviously and I wanted Urus to get that 3rd place because Germany will be there or thereabouts in 2014 and Uruguvay probably won't.

I'm not angry Serbia got out when it did, it was bad luck and poor refereeing. After being of the receiving end of two penalties because because of handball in the box, not getting one for what Cahill did was a bit of a kick in the teeth, especially since it was clear that it was an accident in both cases with Vidic and Kuzmanovic while Cahill's was intentional. What made it worse was the referee must have seen it as he was close. It might have been ignored on purpose though, so as to have at least one African nation in the knock-out phase. On the other hand, we have only ourselves to blame. We shouldn't have lost two Ghana and we should have finished off Australia in the first half.

So, overall, Germany was the most enjoyable side to watch. Traditional German discipline coupled with creativity and flair of Ozil and Muller was a sight for sore eyes in this underwhelming world cup.

Grand Master Member Afonso I of Portugal's Avatar
    Lisboa, Portugal http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Afonso_I_of_Portugal

I just find out Lego is a dangerous toy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzMSdGrQqzk
    "Let the ruling classes tremble at a Communist revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win. Workers of the world, Unite!" - Manifesto of the Communist Party, Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels, 1848.
    "What does not kill us makes us stronger" - Friedrich Nietzsche.
    "Lord, protect me from people who love and trust, because I take care of my enemies" - Voltaire.
    "I can not agree with any of the words you say but defend to the death your right to say them" - Voltaire.
    "The main illnesses that attack the man comes from ignorance" - Voltaire.

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Afonso I of Portugal View Post
    I just find out Lego is a dangerous toy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzMSdGrQqzk

I love the Guardian's Lego Football highlights!
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

Was away moving back from vacation and stuff.

Congratulations to competitors all along, and kudos to johntehmasterorganizer. Was fun to participate and follow.

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435