Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EB Online

Default Re: EB Online

is hamachi still free? Ive checked the official page and its given freen only in the trial form https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/.

RABO! Member Brave Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

Its currently not a concern for EBO. 32 slot network is paid for and the year contract will be renewed.
    From Frontline for fixing siege towers of death
    x30 From mikepettytw for showing how to edit in game text.
    From Brennus for wit.

Is Vartan the one who is paying the anual network subscribtion right?
    Ive saw that option to create a new hamachi network? is that possible? or free?

Quote Originally Posted by AGATHODAIMON View Post
    You can create another network but why would you? I believe that Hamachi only supports 4 IP's right now on the free subscription but I haven't checked since last spring.
    From Brennus for wit.

Where is replay files?

Do you mean where do they go after you save one or are you asking for a bank of replay files from previous years? Depending on how you installed EB I may or may not be able to help you with the first question.
    From Brennus for wit.

I saved several replays but I couldn't find them in ...\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\EB folder. There is not replay folder in EB\. But I can watch replays in game.

Edit:
    I found them in C:\Users\Homeros\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\EB\replays
    Last edited by CanOmer; 01-09-2013 at 19:29.

Ah good I was just about to tell you the same thing. If you install in Program Files the replays get sent to a funky place but a search of the file name will reveal the path. All your saved replays will go here though I recommend creating a replays folder in your EB folder and moving them there if you wish to use/upload them. They will appear in game if you do so.
    From Brennus for wit.

@AGA: Our patron for the previous and current year is Brave(x2) Sir Robin, the champ himself. Many thanks to him. As for new networks, LogMeIn has unfortunately made free networks support only 4 computers. This includes the host of the network, so you can imagine it only working between close friends looking for a temporary solution to making a LAN game work over the Net. You may want to try Evolve. It's a similar concept but the model supports virtually any number of participants you throw at it. We haven't had much success with RTW & mods on Evolve (at least in games containing over 2 people), but the devs have been working on it, so it may be different now. Try it if you'd like.
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Cant remember if Evolve worked while having hamachi installed !!! what about its compatibility( Evolve) with gamespy or steam ?

It seems that for RSII they not longer need the multyplayer launcher while using evolve http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=495371
    Last edited by Kranos; 01-12-2013 at 18:38.

Cant remember if Evolve worked while having hamachi installed !!! what about its compatibility( Evolve) with gamespy or steam ?

It seems that for RSII they not longer need the multyplayer launcher while using evolve http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=495371
    I'm not sure what you are referring to. Evolve is a VLAN platform, just like Hamachi. It is a an intermediary software which allows people to connect over the net. This has nothing to do with Gamespy, Steam, or any "launcher" (never heard of one re:EB). I have successfully used both VLANs concurrently, though I can see why there may be issues with some games. Honestly, I would just go with trial and error to see what works.
    Former Projects:

I seem to be confused. Please help. I do not have trivial script on my vanilla eb (it is a copy - either I didn't install it or it broke when it was copied).

I have a separate installation with megamod and the trivial script works on that, but it is for alex. Can I use that for online play? If so do I use the alex disc or the rtw? I thought I read somewhere that you must use rtw.exe and eb1.2 with no mods at all to play ebonline.

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moriluk View Post
    I seem to be confused. Please help. I do not have trivial script on my vanilla eb (it is a copy - either I didn't install it or it broke when it was copied).

I have a separate installation with megamod and the trivial script works on that, but it is for alex. Can I use that for online play? If so do I use the alex disc or the rtw? I thought I read somewhere that you must use rtw.exe and eb1.2 with no mods at all to play ebonline.
    The trivial script isn't installed in the RTW folder - it's installed in a separate folder, so it's as it should be. Don't worry about that; you can still use it for both installations. Just right-click on the shortcut to start MP and choose preferences. There you should find a field that says "start in" which will point to your original, SP installation. Change that to the direction of your MP installation, and that's it. Just make sure to use the rtw.exe and you're good to go.
    Last edited by The Celtic Viking; 02-08-2013 at 21:20.

Ok. Thanks for the quick reply.

Quote Originally Posted by moriluk View Post
    Ok. Thanks for the quick reply.
    You can count on TCV. He is an EBO veteran, a true champ at heart and in spirit ^^
    Former Projects:

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vartan View Post
    You can count on TCV. He is an EBO veteran, a true champ at heart and in spirit ^^
    Oh, shush! You flatter me too much. On second thought, you don't flatter me nearly enough. Please do go on.

hey guys i'm new. been playing eb for over a year now, and i want to try the online experience of playing with smart npcs =) maybe a 3o3 game or something. if anyone is interested let me know and we can have some fun. thanks

p.s i'm I2ain_2_Battle on the network

Quote Originally Posted by I2ain_2_Battle View Post
    hey guys i'm new. been playing eb for over a year now, and i want to try the online experience of playing with smart npcs =) maybe a 3o3 game or something. if anyone is interested let me know and we can have some fun. thanks

p.s i'm I2ain_2_Battle on the network
    Hey. If you see anyone on the network just announce your presence and hopefully there will be players available. I'd say there won't be many 3v3's until May/June but you should be able to find some 1v1's at this time of the year pretty easily.
    From Brennus for wit.

I'll be joining again!!!!!!!!!!

HopeLess From Humanity a World Member Empire*Of*Media's Avatar

i Would Like A Roman/Greek Faction Opponent !!!
    if Rome Gold I Will Be Sleucids & Parthia !!
    if Rise Of Persia I Will Be Madai !!!
    if Persian Invasion I Will Be Persia !!
    if Europa Barbaricum I will Be Parthia! (Pahlava)
    if And IF !!!!

Athena's favorite Member Vlixes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Empire Of Kurdistan-Medya View Post
    i Would Like A Roman/Greek Faction Opponent !!!
    if Rome Gold I Will Be Sleucids & Parthia !!
    if Rise Of Persia I Will Be Madai !!!
    if Persian Invasion I Will Be Persia !!
    if Europa Barbaricum I will Be Parthia! (Pahlava)
    if And IF !!!!
    What the... anytime we will be pleased to kick your ass! :) joking... join the hamachi net anytime, I play weekends only btw... and welcome (it is Barbarorum not Barbaricum).
    Quetzalcóatl, The Feathered Serpent.
    Greek/Roman/Spanish/Mexican
    From Tellos Athenaios as welcome to Campus Martius
    Welt ist ein Geltungsphänomen
    Edmund Husserl
    τὰ δε πὰντα οἰακίζει κεραυνόϛ
    Ἡράκλειτος ὁ Ἐφέσιος

HopeLess From Humanity a World Member Empire*Of*Media's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulises View Post
    What the... anytime we will be pleased to kick your ass! :) joking... join the hamachi net anytime, I play weekends only btw... and welcome (it is Barbarorum not Barbaricum).
    BARBAROUM !!!!! my eyes are getting some kinda.........!!!!!
    and please be polite !!
    with Please ! Ulises !!! but are you with Rome Or Maya Or Aztek !!! Lol !!
    ok but im in Kurdistan of Iran !! where are you ?! and what is your hamachi name and want to play in which network ??
    Last edited by Empire*Of*Media; 05-07-2013 at 07:52.

Is this still active? If so I'm interested. Getting hamachi now.

Just to let everyone know, I have not been active in my own EB Online scene for a while now, especially since the last major tournament. Although I'm busy with my studies, I will try and be available as much as possible, especially if you would like to setup your EB multiplayer game for the first time.

Unless there is a major turnaround in the demand for EB multiplayer, I do not anticipate any further tournaments, particularly if there will be a release candidate for EB2. I will be both in the Hamachi network as well as the Evolve group chat lobby. If you haven't checked that out yet, please do so. Thank you.

EB Online Evolve Group
    https://www.evolvehq.com/recruit/gro...le2E1N8MHrGmYJ
    Former Projects:

Well, vartan my gangster, your EB Online website is down. I cannot find the ruleset anymore. I am from Stainless Steel Multiplayer HQ steamcommunity dot com/groups/SSMHQ that I've built mostly on my own and some help with DochtorGajo. We've used historical books and documents and playtesting to find a good medium between horse archer dominance into something that still maintains some balance with unit limitations. I created a modified multiplayer EDU and later descr_factions file so that Stainless Steel is catered to multiplayer instead of single player. It's been 4 years since I started that project and though I haven't been there for the past 2 years, it has grown by itself from just 20 players to 32, which isn't much, but a lot for a niche community, far surpassing the other groups. At request and same desire, I tried EB multiplayer with him. I researched the multiplayer side and found out that you had already started an EB community with a multiplayer EDU before I even started multiplayer SS. We've both come to the same conclusion in fixing multiplayer, though you started first. Anyways, back to the matter at hand, I'd like to find the ruleset again, since I've only played one match in EB and would like to play on this laptop.

Also, how would you get around to limiting factions by period, such as Imperial Legions (period) and Post-Marian Reforms (period) without having to make sure your opponent follows the time period? In my EDU, I was able to limit units by time period as well as putting unit limits depending on period as well (like 2 in high, 4 in late for the same unit). The reason I ask is that I've yet to setup a proper ladder for SS and seeing as how without a proper ladder like you had, we end up with a lot of cheaters who choose units outside period to gain advantage. If it's possible, I would like to be able to set unit limits or maybe join your ladder.

Dear NovaTitan,

I remember the SS multiplayer startup. I believe it took our legacy ruleset and overall MP platform design as a template. I am very happy to hear that it's still going strong. That our MP communities are niche communities need not be perceived as a bad thing though. Numbers are no matter for me as long as the people involved are having fun.

The website is indeed down and since I'm very busy with my PhD courses, I didn't realize it until today. Basically, our server upgraded our PHP version for security reasons, and it had an adverse effect as you can see. I'll be working on it as often as I can these few days to resolve this and (hopefully) not lose any of our former data.

Regarding your question on Roman period-based armies, we use an honor system. If you start a MP game and you notice your opponent has a hybrid Roman army (i.e., units from different periods), just leave the game and remake. At least, if it's a tournament game. Our rules are (of course) oriented toward our tournaments. What people do in their friendlies is up to their imagination.

The ladder we use is just an open source ladder used for another game. It's perpetual and is not meant to capture any individual tournament. I keep a spreadsheet for each monthly tournament and just post the results at the end. Players gain one point per win, and lose one point per loss. Highest net score determines winner. We subtract for losses because if we only counted wins, players who played more often would accumulate more points.

Best wishes,
    Vartan

P.S. I'll try and remember to edit this post when I (hopefully) resolve the site's current problem.

UPDATE: As of 20.FEB.2014 02:42 EST the site (http://www.ebmultiplayer.com) is fully functional. Please notify me if the site reverts to a non-functional state. Thank you.
    Last edited by vartan; 02-20-2014 at 08:43.
    Former Projects:

Unbowed Unbent Unbroken Member Lazy O's Avatar

^If you guys need help with testing or anything I am free these days most times, I can install hamachi again and EB should be working.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

[21:16:17] [Gaius - 5.115.253.115]
    i m not camping , its elegant strategy of waiting

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy O View Post
    ^If you guys need help with testing or anything I am free these days most times, I can install hamachi again and EB should be working.
    I'm going to be on Hamachi tomorrow (Sunday 23 Feb 2014) at 11:00 am EST (utc/gmt -5). If you can make it, I'd appreciate it. I don't have a full connection to Hamachi due to my uni connection and I'd like it if someone could make sure Aga can connect to the LAN lobby.
    Former Projects:

I might log on again to play some EB.

I have been mostly playing Shogun 2 online but I hate the current meta game of it which is to bring a butt load of cavalry, some attendants guarding matchlock groups then a minuscule infantry group and dance around the map with your hot keys all loaded up. Whenever your opponent attacks you shoot and run then pressure another direction; How boring can it get, you'd think melee blobs are of no skill but I miss actually engaging in melee. Even Rome 2 is better in this aspect.

I played vs vartan a while ago, I believe (iirc) he would bring an arverni/ aedui melee rush every time.
    I do hate some rules on unit exploiting as half the time I'm too busy making sure I'm not running units through each other or having phalanx formation on when attacked from a flank. It makes bringing phalanxes too much of a pain, I'd rather load up a bunch of melee infantry, couple of meat shields and a nice cavalry contingent as it's easier to micro due to not having to worry about managing missiles or phalanx exploits.

EB online is still fun though, when I log on and get a match I'll probably record it and post it on youtube.
    Lets play Divide et Impera, Ptolemy Campaign. Link to full playlist down below!

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...2oIDsmGrPrKpzM

hey Vartan where was that thread where we posted replays? I have some

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast