Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: EB Online

Default Re: EB Online

Quote Originally Posted by BroskiDerpman View Post
    I do hate some rules on unit exploiting as half the time I'm too busy making sure I'm not running units through each other or having phalanx formation on when attacked from a flank. It makes bringing phalanxes too much of a pain, I'd rather load up a bunch of melee infantry, couple of meat shields and a nice cavalry contingent as it's easier to micro due to not having to worry about managing missiles or phalanx exploits.
    Hi there. The rules aren't set in stone. They're open to change, as they always have been. I don't know if people want a tournament yet (if there's enough interest, we can start one again in a couple of months). We can confer with everyone and get ideas about how we can improve the rules to maintain a balance between fun and fairness. Whatever works for people =]
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

i would like to know how much activity should i expect on EB multiplayer. I am undecided wether to go through the whole process of insalling eb for steam again in order to be able to play online. I tend not to it because i fear the servers are empty.

There are people available in which you can chat for a game.

There's always a few online though sometimes there'll be none or people are idle depending on the time you log on. Most of the players are European so if you're from the Americas or Oceania there could be some problems. (I'm in US yet can still hook up games, just don't expect to find players to play every time you're on like if you were to hit matchmaking in Starcraft2)
    Lets play Divide et Impera, Ptolemy Campaign. Link to full playlist down below!

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...2oIDsmGrPrKpzM

I have rome gold on steam. I tried to connect with other people on lan but I was shown allways to be incompatible. I tried the -Installing-EB-with-steam solution but i found some difficulty in following it stept by step. First of all there was no shortcut created on my desktop for EB. Second, i did not understand the meaning of this phrase "First, use EB installed with regular rtw exe, secondly.....". As a side note, i can't lounch eb from configuration as it says that it can't find steam. When i try to connect to another player it says i am using a different mod and : Host mod (eb) and a number Your mod (EB) and a differnet number (i would have posted a link with the photo but i'm not allowed as i don't have enough posts. . I would really apreciate your help.

Quote Originally Posted by wolandd View Post
    I have rome gold on steam. I tried to connect with other people on lan but I was shown allways to be incompatible. I tried the -Installing-EB-with-steam solution but i found some difficulty in following it stept by step. First of all there was no shortcut created on my desktop for EB. Second, i did not understand the meaning of this phrase "First, use EB installed with regular rtw exe, secondly.....". As a side note, i can't lounch eb from configuration as it says that it can't find steam. When i try to connect to another player it says i am using a different mod and : Host mod (eb) and a number Your mod (EB) and a differnet number (i would have posted a link with the photo but i'm not allowed as i don't have enough posts. . I would really apreciate your help.
    Basically, install Rome TW: Gold as you normally would through Steam. Install EB 1.1 and 1.2 in your RTW:G installation folder (basically you point to it during the EB installation; it's usually something like c/...../steam/steamapps/common/rometotalwargold). Once you've done this, you'll want to install the EB 1.2 Fixes, the multiplayer edu (mp stats balancing), and the ability to load multiplayer replays (if you so wish to review any); these three are all found here. You'll want to make sure you follow instructions (they usually indicate for you to point to the RTW:G folder, again, if I remember correctly).

Since you're using Steam, it can be annoying to create a shortcut and add options, etc. Or to edit the Steam launcher. To make life easier you can just use a mod that modifies the EB (Trivial Script) launcher. It's called ExTSO (extended trivial script options) and it's made by Jirisys from these forums. You just check the boxes you want (incl. 'steam install') and you're good to go!

http://jebmmp.ebmultiplayer.com/extso/

Enjoy your games!
    Former Projects:

Hello. I never played multi (out of a few S2TW games) but I have an EB installation that I run with the steam version of Alex.exe, ExTSO and jirisy's Mega Mod on top of it. Do I have to uninstall the mega mod in order to play multi ?

Member thankful for this post:

JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar

ExTSO works by copying the files from their respective folders (e.g. EB\ebo game edu backup\alex) into the EB Data folder (i.e. EB\Data). If you wanted to play EBO, you'd have to copy all the files the mod pack replaces into the ebo game edu backup\rtw (or the engine of your preference), which is quite the hassle, and having the Trivial Script copy all those files can be an extremely slow process.

I recommend you keep a separate clean install of EB+ExTSO for EBO, if you still want to use the Mod Pack. Otherwise, a simple clean reinstall of EB would suffice (past me didn't really think too hard on user convenience it seems).

~Jirisys ()
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...

Quote Originally Posted by jirisys View Post
    ExTSO works by copying the files from their respective folders (e.g. EB\ebo game edu backup\alex) into the EB Data folder (i.e. EB\Data). If you wanted to play EBO, you'd have to copy all the files the mod pack replaces into the ebo game edu backup\rtw (or the engine of your preference), which is quite the hassle, and having the Trivial Script copy all those files can be an extremely slow process.

I recommend you keep a separate clean install of EB+ExTSO for EBO, if you still want to use the Mod Pack. Otherwise, a simple clean reinstall of EB would suffice (past me didn't really think too hard on user convenience it seems).

~Jirisys ()
    Ok. I think I have made backups for each step of the installation (an old habit me got after getting crazy trying to install EB years ago). So I must have a clean install of EB + ExTSO somewhere.

So next step I paste it in the RTW gold folder, if I understand correctly.
    Last edited by Alcibiade; 03-20-2014 at 08:28.

I just run 2 installs of EB, one for SP and one for MP.

JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alcibiade View Post
    So next step I paste it in the RTW gold folder, if I understand correctly.
    Yes. Don't forget to install the 1.2 fixes too, since it's a requirement for MP. Although there's no mess if you install it on top of an EB+ExTSO installation.

~Jirisys ()
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...

HopeLess From Humanity a World Member Empire*Of*Media's Avatar

is this mod going to die or people are fascinated with playing the Crap Rome II ?

Athena's favorite Member Vlixes's Avatar

I used to play EBonline with no problems in my old XP PC. Now I have a Windows 8.1 and everything is fine until the lobby. There I can see no one. @vartan maybe you know what to do.
    Quetzalcóatl, The Feathered Serpent.
    Greek/Roman/Spanish/Mexican
    From Tellos Athenaios as welcome to Campus Martius
    Welt ist ein Geltungsphänomen
    Edmund Husserl
    τὰ δε πὰντα οἰακίζει κεραυνόϛ
    Ἡράκλειτος ὁ Ἐφέσιος

HopeLess From Humanity a World Member Empire*Of*Media's Avatar

What about Windows 7 ?

i have 2 problems..
    first problem: it says incorrect game data when a friend of mine try to enter in a lobby hosted by me
    second problem: an other friend of mine is trying to enter but he cannot see nothing in the lobby. He has Windows 8
    i've windows 7, and i can play with other players....
    please help me

that happens quite frequently and has nothing to do with OS. I suppose you want to play vanilla

no i play with EB. The problem is with EB online. We both have all the programms needed.
    What's OS? sorry but i do not know it.....

come to hamachi with your friends. im also Orphydian there

Ok....Thanks you for offering your help to us. We are italian and we gotta study, we are online at 8/30-9:00 on hamachi. This night atthat hour i'll try to make they come online.

I need to go reinstall Hamachi and fix it up so I can play.

fix it up? do you mean you have tried to paly but you had the same problem like the case above?

Nah just that GameSpy and hamachi don't go well with each other, since GS is going down soon I'll install Hamachi again.

When I get back I'll probably record some first person pov game play of EB online.

I'll probably try to get swedishlandsknetch to make a video on EB and get it covered so we can have more potential players.

Quote Originally Posted by {V.O.D}_Quetzalcoatl View Post
    I used to play EBonline with no problems in my old XP PC. Now I have a Windows 8.1 and everything is fine until the lobby. There I can see no one. @vartan maybe you know what to do.
    Sorry for the late reply but my guess is as good as you. Don't even get me started. I've had so many problems since Microsoft moved to Win8 that I can't even begin to tell you. Everything was just fine for simple folk like me in Win7 that the shift was too compatibility breaking for me. Meh...
    Former Projects:

Member thankful for this post:

Vlixes 

Strategos Autokrator Member Vasiliyi's Avatar

Ive suddenly become available to play MP EB. PM me if and when you available
    Looking forward to seeing you on the field.

4x
    1x

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

Guys if players have the same version of a game, what else could be causing the "different mod" error in MP?

Im not sure if thats the error betwenen steam and retail Rome owners now. Who did you test with?

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

It was with M2TW, both using disc versions...

maybe one playing MedII and the other one of the kigdoms expansion or you guys playing diff kingdoms. Also what mod are you playing ? its possible that one of you have only one kingdoms campaign installed becasue for kingdoms mods its needed only the exe so its not necessay to install all the campaigns.

Think about it, and give the game the benefit of the doubt. If both of you had identical file structures, you'd get matching hashes and you wouldn't get an incompatibility flag. The error can tick because of different engine executables (or versions) or different file structures. Are you using the same engine? If so, do you have the same mod folder name? If so, check the mod folder sizes (precise size in bytes; size, not size on disk). Are the folder sizes identical? If you get an incompatibility flag, odds are that you answered no to one of these questions.

Good luck,
    V
    Former Projects:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234