Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: EB Online Tourney: July 2010 - Special Anniversary Edition

Post EB Online Tourney: July 2010 - Special Anniversary Edition

In commemoration of the very successful pre-EB Online tourney of July 2009, I present to you the EB Online Tourney: July 2010 - Special Anniversary Edition. In remembrance of all of the members of The Guild who helped put together all the rules, settings, etc. that made the 2009 tourney such a success, let us do our best to make this one just as much of a success, if not more. Let's get straight to the details.

Point System
    A very straightforward point system will be used. For each win, you gain one point. For each loss, you lose one point. The same applies to team games. Remember: Team games must be even-sided (2v2, 3v3, or 4v4). Each member of the winning team gains one point. Each member of the losing team loses one point.

There are two sets of points. Each player has his own point count. The second point count is the factional point count. Each faction has a number of wins and a number of losses equivalent to the total wins and losses of all players using that faction during that tourney month. Points only are counted for every month. There are no rollover points.

Signing Up
    Threads like these must be set up one or two weeks prior to the beginning of the tourney. Let this be an example. To sign up for the tourney, reply to this post with your faction of choice. And I mean your final choice of faction. No changes will be allowed mid-way through the tourney. Once it begins, you're set. The only option you will have is to opt-out of the tourney (that is also final; no opt-out and then resume; if you have to have a week off, that's fine, but don't "fold your cards" unless you're completely sure).

Note: On Hamachi and in-game you must use the same name you use on The Guild. This is to avoid confusion. If you have a really long name, like "Hannibal Khan the Great", and you choose to use usernames like Hannibal Khan, that's fine. A shortened version of a long name is fine as long as it is recognizable.

Replays
    You must upload and submit replays by posting links to the replays here in the form of a reply. Remember to state who you played against and who the winner was. Only winners are allowed to post replays so as to avoid duplicates. Thank you.

Jury
    Every month, the tourney will have not only participating players but also jury members. Jury members cannot double as players in the same month, and players cannot double as jury members in the same month. The Jury is a board of a maximum of 9 members that adjudicate cases of conflict and protest. The minimum size of the Jury is 3 because it takes the agreement of 3 Jury members to come to a final verdict on who the winner was in special cases and whether cheating took place in protests for disqualification (DQ, wherein the game is not counted toward gain or loss). Three cases of cheating and the player is removed from that month's tourney, and his score contribution removed from the factional score as well. To be a Jury member you must state below that you wish to be so. Remember: This means you will not participate as a player and will solely make yourself available to review replays for cases of protest and conflict. There presumably won't be too many of these, so it shouldn't be much of a problem! All Jury members are respected and admired for their sacrifice. Thank you all.

And that's about it. If you want more of the nitty-gritty details, such as rules, what to do, what not to do, what to expect, etc., visit the website (it's a must-read for even the oldies). Find it at www.ebonline.tk. Use the contact button (links to our email: contact@ebonline.tk) for any concerns, questions or suggestions.

Participants
    Jury Members
    Vartan
    WinsingtonIII
    Ibn-Khaldun
    Tanit

Players
    Wins - Losses = Total Score

Arche Seleukeia 1 - 1 = 0
    LazyO 1 - 1 = 0

Arverni 13 - 13 = 0
    The Celtic Viking 5 - 1 = 4
    Vicious-Little-Noob (Guild name: VikingPower) 8 - 12 = -4

Baktria 4 - 2 = 2
    Tex 0 - 1 = -1
    Ovidiuhtm (Guild name: Burebista) 4 - 1 = 3

Carthage 12 - 14 = -2
    Jebivjetar 1 - 0 = 1
    Intranetusa 1 - 1 = 0
    Kival 10 - 11 = -5

Getai 0 - 2 = -2
    retep219 0 - 2 = -2

Koinon Hellenon 6 - 0 = 6
    Antisocialmunky 6 - 0 = 6

Pahlava 6 - 3 = 3
    ACS 6 - 3 = 3

Pontos 6 - 4 = 2
    Lignator 0 - 2 = -2
    Apazlinemjo 6 - 2 = 4

Saba 12 - 6 = 6
    MisterFred 12 - 6 = 6

Saka 1 - 5 = -4
    Ghaust the Moor 1 - 4 = -3
    Megas Ycarus 0 - 1 = -1

SPQR 5 - 1 = 4
    Agrippa 4 - 1 = 3
    Scipio Africanus 1 - 0 = 1

Sweboz 2 - 4 = -2
    Kikaz 2 - 4 = -2

Results
    Top 3 4 Players
    MisterFred (Saba) - 1st (tied)
    Antisocialmunky (Koinon Hellenon) - 1st (tied)
    Apazlinemjo (Pontos) - 3rd (tied)
    The Celtic Viking (Arverni) - 3rd (tied)

Top 3 Factions
    Koinon Hellenon - 1st (tied)
    Saba - 1st (tied)
    SPQR - 3rd

--------------------------------------
    NOTE: THIS POST MAY NOT BE REPRINTED WITHOUT PERMISSION.
    Last edited by vartan; 08-15-2010 at 04:03.
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Default Re: EB Online Tourney: July 2010 - Special Anniversary Edition

I will be proud to represent the might of Carthage in this tourney. Sign me in!

Varangarchos ton Romaioktonon Member Hannibal Khan the Great's Avatar

SWEBOZZZ!!!!!!!! Count me in!
    from Megas Methuselah for helping with city names from Hooahguy for my sig

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

I'll join under my Arverni banner. However, my failure to fight with VT Marvin worries me a little. I would like to see if I can play against someone else, so could anyone please volunteer?

Quote Originally Posted by The Celtic Viking View Post
    I'll join under my Arverni banner. However, my failure to fight with VT Marvin worries me a little. I would like to see if I can play against someone else, so could anyone please volunteer?
    Visit the EB Online website for information on how to join the network. Once you join, you will find plenty of people eagerly awaiting an adversary to battle with.
    Former Projects:

JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar

Might I suggest to remeber that no Anachronism will be allowed (e.g. Camillan Bodyguard with Marian Soldiers, Saka bodyguard with Indo Saka units (that being said, might I suggest you rise the amount of Cavalry to 12 for the Steppe Factions, since most didn't use infantry unless they were sieging IMO), Time of freemen soldiers with Time of Warriors(?) bodyguard) you can also put in a reform margin, either choose the units after the reform, or before it, but no mix-ups (unless the units ARE available during both periods)

Also, if possible, if using Phalanx units, try to use the Alex Engine, how to do it is on www.twfilms.tk

~Jirisys (heh)
    Last edited by jirisys; 07-04-2010 at 01:45.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...

Son of a gun Jordie. Thanks for the new redirect -_-. And no the rules won't be bent. Check the site for standards. The SPQR rule for sticking to an era is already in place (it's an old rule). And like it says on the site, if all sides of the battle have Alex, use it. It's preferable. Not mandated. But here's the catch: when submitting, you must state that the replay uses the Alex engine, or else everyone viewing it (including Jury members) will have problems replaying on RTW engine. Thank you.

EDIT: Choose your factions before the tourney begins...
    Former Projects:

The Rhetorician Member Skullheadhq's Avatar

I'll have to let this go because I'll have to study my *** off for the last part of the year.
    Last edited by Skullheadhq; 05-31-2010 at 20:19.
    "When the candles are out all women are fair."
    -Plutarch, Coniugia Praecepta 46

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vartan View Post
    Visit the EB Online website for information on how to join the network. Once you join, you will find plenty of people eagerly awaiting an adversary to battle with.
    Thank you, but I've fought battles online many times before. I know how to do it; the problem is that it's not working now. It might be a coincidence (I had not played MP for months before), but since I moved I haven't been able to play MP. I have only tried with one person though, and I would like to test against someone else too before I give up and say "it's just not meant to be".

Since no one ever responds to me on Hamachi (even when it was working perfectly), or starts a convo with me themselves for that matter, I thought it best to make a date here.

(PS. I may come off as snide or rude here. Forgive me if I do; real life's an asshole to me right now.)
    Last edited by The Celtic Viking; 05-31-2010 at 20:44.

Real life is a __ to me too. Yeah...not good to curse publicly. Anyways, if I see you on you should be rest assured that I will contact YOU, not the other way around. If you don't want to bother with the network adapter priority settings, just uninstall Hamachi. Make sure you check the box that says uninstall user settings, etc. Then reinstall and do not touch the settings. Turn off your firewall, and then and only then will you surely be able to see yourself and others in the Lan Lobby. If you still don't, then it is an ISP problem. Some ISP's do not allow for VPN software like Hamachi. That is rare but unfortunate. My efforts are with you Celtic Viking.
    Former Projects:

I'm rather busy once my job starts, but I'll help out with the jury for sure
    from Megas Methuselah, for some information on Greek colonies in Iberia.

UPDATE: Rules had some problems. There are no more elite restrictions. Bring elites to the battle at your own financial detriment. Also, steppe armies can only field 4 phalanx units now. They also are required to bring a minimum of 4 infantry (new) and a maximum of 10 (as before). The steppe cavalry limit has now been increased from 10 to 12.
    Former Projects:

UPDATE: Rules had some problems. There are no more elite restrictions.
    What about the Romani?

Finished essays: The Italian Wars (1494-1559), The siege of Buda (1686), The history of Boius tribe in the Carpathian Basin, Hungarian regiments' participation in the Austro-Prussian-Italian War in 1866, The Mithridatic Wars, Xenophon's Anabasis, The Carthagian colonization
    Skipped essays: Serbian migration into the Kingdom of Hungary in the 18th century, The Order of Saint John in the Kingdom of Hungary

Quote Originally Posted by Apázlinemjó View Post
    What about the Romani?
    Good point. Prevents Elite Cav and Inf (e.g. Triarii, Extraordinarii) spam. I'll need the community's help for that, because even though we're looking for fun, we can't have Triarii spam just because the money allows for it. Any suggestions? There are 20 slots in a full army. How many can be used for elites maximum for the SPQR? (Although discriminatory, I ask because as you all know, all other nations, if fielding 6 elites, have barely half their budget left to fill in the other 14 slots.)
    Former Projects:

Varangarchos ton Romaioktonon Member Hannibal Khan the Great's Avatar

Maybe 3 elite inf and 1 elite cav?
    from Megas Methuselah for helping with city names from Hooahguy for my sig

Good point. Prevents Elite Cav and Inf (e.g. Triarii, Extraordinarii) spam. I'll need the community's help for that, because even though we're looking for fun, we can't have Triarii spam just because the money allows for it. Any suggestions? There are 20 slots in a full army. How many can be used for elites maximum for the SPQR? (Although discriminatory, I ask because as you all know, all other nations, if fielding 6 elites, have barely half their budget left to fill in the other 14 slots.)
    What about 8 including the general's bodyguards (if the player buys them) and the heavy cavalry (early cavalry units are bad and quite expensive)?

Finished essays: The Italian Wars (1494-1559), The siege of Buda (1686), The history of Boius tribe in the Carpathian Basin, Hungarian regiments' participation in the Austro-Prussian-Italian War in 1866, The Mithridatic Wars, Xenophon's Anabasis, The Carthagian colonization
    Skipped essays: Serbian migration into the Kingdom of Hungary in the 18th century, The Order of Saint John in the Kingdom of Hungary

Σέλευκος Νικάτωρ Member Fluvius Camillus's Avatar

Of course I will join. It is my pleasure to decimate every foe who puts up a fight.

I will probably play my beloved Romani or my unbeatable Arche Seleukeia.

I'll decide when time permits, Seleukeia Victrix!

~Fluvius
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrius
    Oh my god, i think that is the first time in human history that someone cares to explain an acronym that people expect everybody to know in advance.
    I lived for three years not knowing what AAR is.

Completed Campaigns: Epeiros (EB1.0), Romani (EB1.1), Baktria (1.2) and Arche Seleukeia
    1x From Olaf the Great for my quote!
    3x1x<-- From Maion Maroneios for succesful campaigns!
    5x2x<-- From Aemilius Paulus for winning a contest!
    1x From Mulceber!

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

I'll be the requisite KH punching bag. Go Go 2 Cav armies!
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

UPDATE: 8 elites max rule. Only applies to SPQR. See which units are elite by viewing the Factional Unit Lists on the EB Online site. 8 elites restriction includes cav and inf, but still is under the over-arching restriction umbrella (e.g. 5 cav max, etc.).

P.S. Eagerly awaiting your choice of faction Fluvi. Remember: Before the beginning of July.
    Former Projects:

What about chevrons? In one of previous tournaments there was a chevron-restriction for the Romans, due to their cheap and strong units.

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would like to become Jury member.

Quote Originally Posted by Jebivjetar View Post
    What about chevrons? In one of previous tournaments there was a chevron-restriction for the Romans, due to their cheap and strong units.
    Well, currently there is a 1chev-per-unit limit to all units. No atk or def upgrades whatsoever. What were you thinking of? A no-chev-at-all restriction for SPQR?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibn-Khaldun View Post
    I would like to become Jury member.
    Thank you. Finally, our much needed 3rd member. Any more will be fine until a max of 10, to allow for any set of 3 to be present when needed.
    Former Projects:

Well, currently there is a 1chev-per-unit limit to all units. No atk or def upgrades whatsoever. What were you thinking of? A no-chev-at-all restriction for SPQR?
    Yup, and even then i had hard time fighting them with Carthage (because Carthage has mostly spearmen, swords and axes are too expensive, and spearmen lose against sword inf.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jebivjetar View Post
    Yup, and even then i had hard time fighting them with Carthage (because Carthage has mostly spearmen, swords and axes are too expensive, and spearmen lose against sword inf.)
    We'll need a consensus. If more people agree with you on the no-chev-whatsoever rule for SPQR, we might see some change...
    Former Projects:

rome needs the restriction IMO , their units are so cheap that they have a huge amount of mani left over.

i think banners should be turned off .. and maybe limit the playable factions ..
    not sure if will join yet , will keep an eye on this thread for updates =P

Quote Originally Posted by mountaingoat View Post
    rome needs the restriction IMO , their units are so cheap that they have a huge amount of mani left over.

i think banners should be turned off .. and maybe limit the playable factions ..
    not sure if will join yet , will keep an eye on this thread for updates =P
    If you think banners should be turned off, and don't know how to do this, please ask anyone at the Bugs/Tech sub-forum. There are many people willing to help.

Playable factions, limited? If people want to join the war, there's nothing stopping them.

If and when you decide to join, reply with your faction of choice (before the start of July).
    Former Projects:

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

I remember at some point we restricted Pre-Marian Rome to 33K with chevrons. If you go no chevron then you get Elephants.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Quote Originally Posted by antisocialmunky View Post
    I remember at some point we restricted Pre-Marian Rome to 33K with chevrons. If you go no chevron then you get Elephants.
    Care to elaborate and reason this out?
    Former Projects:

EB:NOM Triumvir Member gamegeek2's Avatar

EDIT: I'll have a look at the rosters, then make my choice.
    Last edited by gamegeek2; 06-01-2010 at 02:01.
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullheadhq
    Run Hax! For slave master gamegeek has arrived
    "To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

Quote Originally Posted by gamegeek2 View Post
    EDIT: I'll have a look at the rosters, then make my choice.
    I'm sure I said this in the OP but if anyone is having technical problems even after reading and going through all the instructions on the site, contact me.
    Former Projects:

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast