Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My first real ban!

The Scourge of Rome Member Spartan198's Avatar

Default Re: My first real ban!

Never been banned. I do have a couple of warnings, but those are from a couple years ago. If I could go back and do it again...

Warning 1: I'd avoid it.

Warning 2: I totally would. That warning was a small price to pay for saying what I did to who I said it to.
    My Greek Cavalry submod for RS 1.6a: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=368881

For Calvin and TosaInu, in a better place together, modding TW without the hassle of hardcoded limits. We miss you.

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I got a warning point here once. I'm not proud of it.

I did get banned from one blog though, for disagreeing with the guy who runs it, who demands nobody but his army of sycophants posts.

That I'm proud of; I was polite, argued well, and the only way the horde of commentators could deal with it was flaming me until I got banned by the guy who runs the blog:

To the despicable morons who are doing that in this thread, I've corrected my post to say "before the 1970s," so you can take your idiotic legalisms, fold them into sharp corners, and cram them into your nether orifices.

I think he has an anger problem.

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Muha think that's bad, here is my epic ban http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...132226&page=11

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

After a bit of thought, this thread might be better situated in the Watchtower.

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

I only had one actual warning point-though I have been repeatedly scolded-mostly on account of my exceptionally twisted sense of humor (which does go too far, and involves some expletive phrases ).

and that one was last year...and it has expired...and I'm not going to post another Ark joke picture again. ever.

however, it has ruined my chances, I suspect, of ever becoming a senior member

outside this little forum: well, I have yet to be banned from anything; I'm not so silly as to cannonball a wading pool full of little kids...

or wrestle a goat for being supposedly hypnotized...
    Last edited by Ibrahim; 06-18-2010 at 05:17.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Young Paladin Member Ravencroft's Avatar

Haven't been banned.
    The following statement is true. The previous statement is false.

New to the Org? Say Hi Here!

The Main Hall for Medieval:Total War

The Rhetorician Member Skullheadhq's Avatar

I got banned once because I bashed Poland...
    "When the candles are out all women are fair."
    -Plutarch, Coniugia Praecepta 46

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skullheadhq View Post
    I got banned once because I bashed Poland...
    when their lancers run straight into your Dutch Pikemen and got themselves impaled? no worry, they even go after tanks in WW2!!!

*. of course, when laser lances and kevlar bullet resistant horse armour was developed perfectly, USA will be nothing on land wars compared with Polish laser lancers
    Last edited by Cute Wolf; 09-15-2010 at 09:17.

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This needed to be posted in...why?
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Muha think that's bad, here is my epic ban http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...132226&page=11
    All I saw was you keep saying about having imaginary sexual relations with a female poster, was that it?
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    All I saw was you keep saying about having imaginary sexual relations with a female poster, was that it?
    so when it was male, it will be permitted? geez... discrimination against heterosexuals....

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cute Wolf View Post
    so when it was male, it will be permitted? geez... discrimination against heterosexuals....
    How is it discrimination? It isn't permitted even if it was to a male, though there is some bias when moderating, since females receive a lot of unwanted attention and this rarely happens towards males, since both females and homosexuality are a minority on the internet.

Just because it happens towards females more often, it doesn't mean it is discrimination, or was you jealous that Fragony wasn't posting about you and him spending nights together, which resulted in a blockage.
    Last edited by Beskar; 09-15-2010 at 19:11.
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Banned twice. Once in June 2006, Once last April for a year. Ain't going into the reasons, find the fricking threads in acrhive if you want more.

Never got any warning points since I been back, I been a good boy! .

One easily trifled with Member Target Champion Motep's Avatar

Moderators.....power goes to their heads. And if you verbally abuse them...well....they do things. Evil things. Cruel things. Amusing things. And when you make a new account and do it again, let's just say that my computer wont load the UGO forums anymore.
    TosaInu shall never be forgotten.

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

I've seen moderators go insane on other forums. It ain't pretty. If anything, I find that the Org mods do an unusually good job of policing one another, and letting each other know when we think someone's made a bad or questionable call. It helps that we're all clear on the concept: The Org belongs to the Orgahs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    I've seen moderators go insane on other forums. It ain't pretty. If anything, I find that the Org mods do an unusually good job of policing one another, and letting each other know when we think someone's made a bad or questionable call. It helps that we're all clear on the concept: The Org belongs to the Orgahs.
    Definitely , had a recent experience of that myself. A mod politely asked me to change something, instead of slapping tons of warning points on, like mods on other forums do.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Never been banned over here.

I did get a couple of warnings when back in the old days. Last one was in 2008. Minor ones.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think my last WP was for +1'ing a fragony post.

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

I got banned from a well known Linux community forum earlier this year, for calling the mods there "heavy handed" and disagreeing over an issue of double standards. One member requests a complete username change and gets it straight off with no questions asked - another new member requests a correction to a spelling mistake in his username (a matter of swapping two letters) and gets read the rulebook and told to make another account. I spoke up on the member's behalf. I was actually "stealth banned" - no change of user status, no "you are banned" email, no messages, nothing. Logged in one day and was greeted with a "no permission" message. I despise such corruption. Only time I can remember being banned from anywhere.
    Last edited by caravel; 09-20-2010 at 08:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurando View Post
    I screamed "April Showers!" really loud and with reckless abandon did a cannonball into the kids wading pool, and after eventually getting kicked out my friends and I threw a barrage of beer bottles at the security guard's golfcart in the parking lot. In hindsight, I feel 10 a year ban was probably justified.

In that same era I also got a lifetime ban from a local petting zoo for wrestling a goat, but I feel I was not wrong in the instance; the goat WAS trying to hypnotize me! Have you ever looked into a goat's eyes? They have snake eyes... Just a warning, incase you're ever in a similar situation: goats are also amazingly heavy for their size; when I tried to pick it up I couldn't even get it off the ground.

I always found it interesting that in both of those completely separate instances the people who handed down the bans said the exact same thing "you're old enough to know better..."

[spoil]]

Thank you so much for your post.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    You guys can sure pet yourself on the back for that

One easily trifled with Member Target Champion Motep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    You guys can sure pet yourself on the back for that
    Round of applause?

No?

: (
    TosaInu shall never be forgotten.

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

Never been banned from a site. Warned here once, by Hosa, anticipated, deserved and accepted. Was asked to apologize to a patron who took exception to a scathing retort after insulting me in the Back Room years ago, by Ser. I could not sincerely do so, and so declined. I wasn't warned, but I suspect there were long-term "hidden" consequences, which is fine with me (banned from Senior Membership etc.).

The Org seems more than fair in regard to warnings and bans when I consider other sites I patronize. No complaints here.
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

I was banned several times. Why?...

... I forgot. Ask Lemur or something...

Senior Member Senior Member Ser Clegane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Togakure View Post
    Was asked to apologize to a patron who took exception to a scathing retort after insulting me in the Back Room years ago, by Ser. I could not sincerely do so, and so declined. I wasn't warned, but I suspect there were long-term "hidden" consequences, which is fine with me (banned from Senior Membership etc.).

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Clegane View Post
    It was several years ago, Ser. You had just become a mod in the Back Room. The plaintiff was a certain "horse-master," and the trade of insults was based on my being 50% Japanese, born in Japan, but raised in the states, and him being married to a Japanese wife and having lived there for some time. When he alluded to me not being a true Japanese (a soft spot for me as perhaps you can imagine), I wrote that the closest he got to being Japanese was in the heat of the night when his wife failed him (referring to this song). Tit for tat; bullet for blade, etc.. Apparently he was incensed by my retort and via PM, complained stridently, according to what you wrote when notifying me of his problem. You were very nice about it. But it was the Sincerity issue--I couldn't sincerely apologize, and so couldn't bring myself to do as you asked. You expressed understandable disappointment in my choice, but didn't take overt official action against me, I assume because it was obvious that the plaintiff contributed to the matters at hand. It all worked out shortly thereafter anyway--I left the Back Room for good. Who needs that kind of daisy anyway.

I can understand why you wouldn't remember; much worse has happened many times over since then that you've had to mitigate, I imagine. But my memory of it is poignant. It's all good--water under the bridge, etc..
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

I've been warned a countless number of times. Mostly for personal insults. I regert nothing as everyone I have ever insulted was wrong at the time or perpetually stupid and ignorant.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Quote Originally Posted by Togakure View Post
    It was several years ago, Ser. You had just become a mod in the Back Room. The plaintiff was a certain "horse-master," and the trade of insults was based on my being 50% Japanese, born in Japan, but raised in the states, and him being married to a Japanese wife and having lived there for some time. When he alluded to me not being a true Japanese (a soft spot for me as perhaps you can imagine), I wrote that the closest he got to being Japanese was in the heat of the night when his wife failed him (referring to this song). Tit for tat; bullet for blade, etc.. Apparently he was incensed by my retort and via PM, complained stridently, according to what you wrote when notifying me of his problem. You were very nice about it. But it was the Sincerity issue--I couldn't sincerely apologize, and so couldn't bring myself to do as you asked. You expressed understandable disappointment in my choice, but didn't take overt official action against me, I assume because it was obvious that the plaintiff contributed to the matters at hand. It all worked out shortly thereafter anyway--I left the Back Room for good. Who needs that kind of daisy anyway.

I can understand why you wouldn't remember; much worse has happened many times over since then that you've had to mitigate, I imagine. But my memory of it is poignant. It's all good--water under the bridge, etc..
    How the hell do you remember all that, man? Ah well, no matter. At least you're half; he's a frikkin' alien, man. Probably gets treated badly over there, too, because he's a visible minority, right? Hahaha, you win, bro, you win. Find solace and comfort in that fact.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123