Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2010 World Cup Bracket Prediction Thread

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Default Re: 2010 World Cup Bracket Prediction Thread

The Final bracket:
    Code:
      Groups       RoundOf16    Quarters    Semis    Finals    Semis     Quarters     RoundOf16      Groups
    1A__Uruguay___                                                                              __Argentina_1B
                  |__Uruguay___                                                    __Argentina_|
    2B__S Korea___|            |                                                  |            |___Mexico___2A
                               |__Uruguay___                          ___Germany__|
    1C____USA_____             |            |                        |            |             ___Germany__1D
                  |___Ghana____|            |_Netherlands            |            |___Germany__|
    2D___Ghana____|                         |                        |                         |___England__2C
                                            |         Spain          |
    1E_Netherlands                          |                        |                          __Paraguay__1F
                  |_Netherlands             |            ____Spain___|             __Paraguay__|
    2F__Slovakia__|            |            |                        |            |            |____Japan___2E
                               |_Netherlands|                        |____Spain___|
    1G___Brazil___             |                                                  |             ____Spain___1H
                  |___Brazil___|                                                  |____Spain___|
    2H___Chile____|                                                                            |__Portugal__2G
    Tiebreakers
    1: Total Goals Scored in Tournament (not including shootout PKs): 101 + 22 + 10 + 6 + 6 = 145
    2: Total Number of Red Cards in Tournament: 13 + 1 + 2 + 0 + 1 = 17
    3: Golden Boot winner: Thomas Mueller, David Villa, Wesley Sneijder (5)
    4: Wooden Spoon "winner": North Korea
    5: Number of shanked PKs by England (missed, not saved, in game and in shootouts): 0

Final totals:
    • Secura: 126
    • woad&fangs: 124
    • Elite Ferret: 103
    • Louis VI the Fat: 102
    • Joooray: 77
    • Craterus: 71
    • Psychonaut: 70
    • drone: 70
    • Strike For The South: 70
    • LittleGrizzly: 70
    • johnhughthom: 63
    • AggonyDuck: 58
    • Sasaki Kojiro: 54
    • Marshal Murat: 46
    • LeftEyeNine: 41
    • Romanic: 40

Beaten by a girl.

Congratulations, Secura! Bragging rights for 4 years.

For grins, the tiebreaks:
    145 goals total in the tournament, Elite Ferret was closest with 146.
    Secura guessed the red card total on the nose at 17.
    johnhughthom, Louis VI the Fat, and Elite Ferret guessed Villa for the Golden Boot, they came the closest. Mueller wins it with 5 goals and 3 assists.
    SFTS, Jooray, Craterus, and myself got North Korea for the Wooden Spoon.
    johnhughthom and Elite Ferret showed their confidence with England's PK abilities.
    Last edited by drone; 07-12-2010 at 21:41. Reason: fixed the frenchman's total
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Prince of Maldonia Member Toby and Kiki Champion, Goo Slasher Champion, Frogger Champion woad&fangs's Avatar

Congrats to Secura
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

So that its subjects will view it with admiration, as a chicken which has the daring and courage to boldly cross the road,
    but also with fear, for whom among them has the strength to contend with such a paragon of avian virtue? In such a manner is the princely
    chicken's dominion maintained. ~Machiavelli

Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar

T'was bloody good fun, pretty narrow contest right to the end.

I made an absolute mess of the left half of the the draw, but kinda pulled it back with the Netherlands-Brazil, Argentina-Germany and Germany-Spain results. Pretty funny that my stab-in-the-dark for the total red cards was right on the money too. xD

Maybe now my opinion will matter rather than "oh, it's that chick who supports United". :P
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Quote Originally Posted by Secura View Post
    I made an absolute mess of the left half of the the draw, but kinda pulled it back with the Netherlands-Brazil, Argentina-Germany and Germany-Spain results. Pretty funny that my stab-in-the-dark for the total red cards was right on the money too. xD
    Germany over Argentina made the difference. Although I should have docked you, woad&fangs and Elite Ferret points for putting England through to the semis.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    Although I should have docked you, woad&fangs and Elite Ferret points for putting England through to the semis.
    The thing is, England had the capability to progress; their group was easy, and the shape of other groups would have meant Ghana and Uruguay in the knockout stages, two teams that even the most pessimistic Englishman/woman would think England could get that past and progress to the semis. Instead, they ended up on the tougher side of the draw.

Part of me is glad that the reason I've preferred the Spanish national team over England for so many years has finally been proven to my friends and family; however, while they may not have beaten every team they played comprehensively (in fact, beating Portugal, Paraguay, Germany and the Netherlands by one goal each), they still played well in terms of passing and such. For me, it was still good to watch, whereas England was oft painful.
    Last edited by Secura; 07-12-2010 at 19:21.
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

Hrmph. Chicks should limit their football involvement to a perfection of the art of serving you beer without walking in front of the telly.

Bah, I messed up with all the little country upsets. I got Spain correct as winner, even down to their semis win over Germany and Germany beating Argentina in the quarters. I made a complete mess of the other side of the tournament.

I did get real close with the tiebreakers:

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    Tiebreakers
    1: Total Goals Scored in Tournament (not including shootout PKs): 101 + 22 + 10 + 6 + 6 = 145
    2: Total Number of Red Cards in Tournament: 13 + 1 + 2 + 0 + 1 = 17
    3: Golden Boot winner: Thomas Mueller, David Villa, Wesley Sneijder (5)
    Tiebreakers
    1: Total Goals Scored in Tournament (not including shootout PKs): 142___
    2: Total Number of Red Cards in Tournament: _21_
    3: Golden Boot winner: ____Villa______

Congrats Secura!
    And thanks for the fun game, Drone!
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

lol, I am soooo glad that Dutchland lost. :P The only thing that would have made it better would be if the US team beat them.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Bah, I messed up with all the little country upsets. I got Spain correct as winner, even down to their semis win over Germany and Germany beating Argentina in the quarters. I made a complete mess of the other side of the tournament.
    Gah! That's my bad, I had you down with Brazil as the winners. Formatting/eye fail. Corrected standings.

Well I'm very pleased with a podium finish, thanks for doing the hard work drone

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Secura View Post
    T'was bloody good fun, pretty narrow contest right to the end.

Maybe now my opinion will matter rather than "oh, it's that chick who supports United". :P
    Hehehe, you've got 4 years of bragging rights so remind them...often. So kick back in your favorite recliner and direct Louis to fetch your favorite beverage and comfy slippers, tout de suite.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

Congrats to participants here as well, I guess it's time for me to move on (to badminton ).

Senior Member Senior Member Ser Clegane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeftEyeNine View Post
    I guess it's time for me to move on (to badminton ).

no, no, no - one can only move on to the next European championship or WC - it is a never ending chase.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123