Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2010 World Cup Bracket Prediction Thread

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Default 2010 World Cup Bracket Prediction Thread

Now is your chance to be the .Org's football prognosticator extraordinaire. Guess the World Cup bracket results, and win the respect of fellow Orgahs and the admiration of women across the globe!

Rules:
    Entries must be either posted in this thread or PM'ed to me (if you don't want to tip others with your picks) before the start of group play on June 11th, 1400 GMT(I think...). No edits should be made to these entries after the start of play, smack talking and discussion should be made in separate posts.
    PM'ed entries with be made public once play starts.
    I will try to post results and updated brackets/tiebreaker stats/point standings at the end of each round. (work schedule permitting).
    The person with the most points wins. In the case of a tie, the tiebreaker entries will be used in ascending order to determine the winner.

Scoring:
    • Group Stage - 1 point (team advances out of group)
    • Group Stage Bonus - 1 point if team placement, 1st or 2nd in group, is correct
    • Round of 16 - 2 points per team advancing
    • Round of 16 Bonus - 2 points per pick if team is on the correct side of bracket
    • Quarterfinals - 4 points per team advancing
    • Quarterfinals Bonus - 4 points per pick if team is on the correct side of bracket
    • Semifinals - 8 points per team advancing
    • Semifinals Bonus - 8 points per pick if team is on the correct side of bracket
    • Finals - 32 points for correct pick

So to get the bonus points in all stages, you will need to correctly determine the group winners and runner-ups.

For reference, here are the groups:
    1. France , Mexico , South Africa , Uruguay
    2. Argentina , Greece , Nigeria , South Korea
    3. Algeria , England , Slovenia , USA
    4. Australia , Germany , Ghana , Serbia
    5. Cameroon , Denmark , Japan , Netherlands
    6. Italy , New Zealand , Paraguay , Slovakia
    7. Brazil , Ivory Coast , North Korea , Portugal
    8. Chile , Honduras , Spain , Switzerland

For entries, just cut this section (including code tags) out here and make your picks.
    Code:
      Groups       RoundOf16    Quarters    Semis    Finals    Semis     Quarters     RoundOf16      Groups
    1A____________                                                                              ____________1B
                  |____________                                                    ____________|
    2B____________|            |                                                  |            |____________2A
                               |____________                          ____________|
    1C____________             |            |                        |            |             ____________1D
                  |____________|            |____________            |            |____________|
    2D____________|                         |                        |                         |____________2C
                                            |      ____________      |
    1E____________                          |                        |                          ____________1F
                  |____________             |            ____________|             ____________|
    2F____________|            |            |                        |            |            |____________2E
                               |____________|                        |____________|
    1G____________             |                                                  |             ____________1H
                  |____________|                                                  |____________|
    2H____________|                                                                            |____________2G

Tiebreakers
    1: Total Goals Scored in Tournament (not including shootout PKs): ___
    2: Total Number of Red Cards (straight up or 2 yellows) in Tournament: __
    3: Golden Boot winner: __________
    4: Wooden Spoon "winner": __________
    5: Number of shanked PKs by England (missed, not saved, in game and in shootouts): __

After the group stage, I may put up a secondary contest for predicting the bracket as it is actually laid out. I think johnhughthom is doing actual game score live predictions in the World Cup thread. Someone else should fire up a World Cup fans (babes) contest.
    Last edited by drone; 06-05-2010 at 02:20. Reason: added red card clarification
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

Default Re: 2010 World Cup Bracket Prediction Thread

Code:
      Groups       RoundOf16    Quarters    Semis    Finals    Semis     Quarters     RoundOf16      Groups
    1AMexico                                                                             Argentina1B
                  |S Korea                                                   Argentina|
    2BS Korea|            |                                                  |            |Uruguay2A
                               |Ghana                          Serbia|
    1CEngland             |            |                        |            |            Serbia1D
                  |Ghana|            |Ghana            |            |Serbia|
    2DGhana|                         |                        |                         |Slovenia2C
                                            |     Ghana      |
    1ENetherlands                          |                        |                        Italy1F
                  |Netherlands            |            Spain|             Italy|
    2FSlovakia|            |            |                        |            |            |Cameroon2E
                               |Brazil|                        |Spain|
    1GBrazil            |                                                  |             Spain1H
                  |Brazil|                                                  |Spain|
    2HChile|                                                                            |Ivory Coast2G

Tiebreakers
    1: Total Goals Scored in Tournament (not including shootout PKs): 132
    2: Total Number of Red Cards in Tournament: 6
    3: Golden Boot winner: Villa
    4: Wooden Spoon "winner": New Zealand
    5: Number of shanked PKs by England (missed, not saved, in game and in shootouts): 0

Code:
    1A France____                                                                                  _____Argentina_ 1B
                  |____France____                                                    ___Argentina_________|
    2B___Nigeria___|            |                                                  |            |_____South Africa 2A
                               |    ____USA_____                       __Germany___|
    1C___USA______             |            |                        |            |                ____Germany__1D
                  |_____USA___|          |____USA________                   Germany_|
    2D__Serbia______|                         |                                                     |___England 2C
                                            |             ____USA_____      
    1E__Netherlands__                          |                        |                          ______Italy 1F
                  |______Netherlands             |          ____Germany______| Italy___|
    2F__Slovakia______|            |            |                        |            |            |______Denmark 2E
                               |     __Brazil_____|                      |___Spain_______|
    1G__Brazil______             |                                                  |             ____Spain 1H
                  |______Brazil___|                                                  |____Spain_|
    2H__Switzerland_|                                                                            |_____Portugal 2G

Tiebreakers
    1: Total Goals Scored in Tournament (not including shootout PKs): 54
    2: Total Number of Red Cards in Tournament: 10
    3: Golden Boot winner: Pele
    4: Wooden Spoon "winner": David Beckam
    5: Number of shanked PKs by England (missed, not saved, in game and in shootouts): 6

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

Code:
    1A__France__________                                                                              ___Argentina_________1B
                  |____France________                                                    __Argentina__________|
    2B__Nigeria__________|            |                                                  |            |_South Africa___________2A
                               |_____Serbia_______                          ___Germany_________|
    1C__England__________             |            |                        |            |             ___Germany_________1D
                  |___Serbia_________|            |______Spain______            |            |_Germany___________|
    2D___Serbia_________|                         |                        |                         |__USA__________2C
                                            |      ____Brazil________      |
    1E_Netherlands___________                          |                        |                          __Italy__________1F
                  |_____Netherlands_______             |            ___Spain_________|             Italy____________|
    2F_Slovakia___________|            |            |                        |            |            |__Denmark__________2E
                               |__Brazil_________|                        |__Spain__________|
    1G_____Brazil_______             |                                                  |             _Spain___________1H
                  |___Brazil_________|                                                  |_____Spain_______|
    2H__Chile__________|                                                                            |__Portugal__________2G
    I picked very conservatively. Mostly relying on reputation more than form.

Some groups are quite easy to predict, others are impossible. I think goup A is the least predictable, it really could go any way. Group F - now that Drogba is out - I think is the most predictable.

I am relying on Serbia not to succumb to infighting, and on the Americans to take out Algeria for me.

1. France , Mexico , South Africa , Uruguay
    2. Argentina , Greece , Nigeria , South Korea
    3. Algeria , England , Slovenia , USA
    4. Australia , Germany , Ghana , Serbia
    5. Cameroon , Denmark , Japan , Netherlands
    6. Italy , New Zealand , Paraguay , Slovakia
    7. Brazil , Ivory Coast , North Korea , Portugal
    8. Chile , Honduras , Spain , Switzerland
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat View Post

Some groups are quite easy to predict, others are impossible. I think goup A is the least predictable, it really could go any way.
    I thought Group D was the most difficult, I could imagine picking the other two teams on another day.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    I thought Group D was the most difficult, I could imagine picking the other two teams on another day.
    I think Serbia has far better players than Oz and Ghana.

Then again, maybe I'm still recovering from Serbia pwning France in the qualification round.

Which, come to think of it, perhaps isn't all that much of an achievement. And I hear Serbia has a lot of internal strife. Maybe I overestimate their prowess.
    Not everything

@Louis: I'll need your tiebreaker answers, and I take it you have Spain beating Brazil in the final?

@Sasaki: I know soccer has a bad reputation in the US, but 54 goals total? There are 64 total games in the tournament.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

Tiebreakers
    1: Total Goals Scored in Tournament (not including shootout PKs): 142___
    2: Total Number of Red Cards in Tournament: _21_
    3: Golden Boot winner: ____Villa______
    4: Wooden Spoon "winner": ___New Zealand_______
    5: Number of shanked PKs by England (missed, not saved, in game and in shootouts): _2_
    Do red cards include two yellow, or only direct red cards?
    Not everything

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    @Sasaki: I know soccer has a bad reputation in the US, but 54 goals total? There are 64 total games in the tournament.
    Yeah and USA plays 8 games of the 64...8X4=32...54-32= 22, so that's only 34 0-0 ties in the tournemant, not that extreme.

Do red cards include two yellow, or only direct red cards?
    Any sending off, straight red or 2 yellows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    Yeah and USA plays 8 games of the 64...8X4=32...54-32= 22, so that's only 34 0-0 ties in the tournemant, not that extreme.

Prince of Maldonia Member Toby and Kiki Champion, Goo Slasher Champion, Frogger Champion woad&fangs's Avatar

Code:
    1A_South Africa_______                                                                              _Argentina_________1B
                  |__South Africa__________                                                    _____Argentina_______|
    2B__Nigeria_______|            |                                                  |            |_______Mexico_____2A
                               |_____England_______                          __Argentina__________|
    1C__England__________             |            |                        |            |             ____Germany________1D
                  |__England__________|            |___Netherlands______            |            |___Germany_________|
    2D__Ghana__________|                         |                        |                         |___USA_________2C
                                            |      ___Spain_______      |
    1E__Netherlands__________                          |                        |                          __Paraguay__________1F
                  |___Netherlands_________             |            ___Spain_________|             __Cameroon__________|
    2F___Slovakia_________|            |            |                        |            |            |__Cameroon__________2E
                               |_____Netherlands_______|                        |____Spain________|
    1G__Brazil__________             |                                                  |             __Spain__________1H
                  |__Brazil__________|                                                  |_____Spain_______|
    2H__Chile__________|                                                                            |____Portugal________2G

Tiebreakers
    1: Total Goals Scored in Tournament (not including shootout PKs): 99
    2: Total Number of Red Cards in Tournament: 10
    3: Golden Boot winner: Torres
    4: Wooden Spoon "winner": Italy
    5: Number of shanked PKs by England (missed, not saved, in game and in shootouts): 4
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

So that its subjects will view it with admiration, as a chicken which has the daring and courage to boldly cross the road,
    but also with fear, for whom among them has the strength to contend with such a paragon of avian virtue? In such a manner is the princely
    chicken's dominion maintained. ~Machiavelli

Here are my predictions:

Code:
    1A Mexico____                                                                                  _____Argentina_ 1B
                  |____Mexico____                                                    ___Argentina_________|
    2B___Nigeria___|            |                                                  |            |_____Uruguay 2A
                               |    ____England_____                       __Germany___|
    1C___England______             |            |                        |            |                ____Germany__1D
                  |_____England___|          |__Brazil________                   Germany_|
    2D__Ghana______|                         |                                                     |___USA 2C
                                            |                 ____Germany_____      
    1E__Netherlands__                          |                        |                          ______Italy 1F
                  |______Netherlands             |          ____Germany______| Cameroon___|
    2F__Slovakia______|            |            |                        |            |            |______Cameroon 2E
                               |     __Brazil_____|                      |___Spain_______|
    1G__Brazil______             |                                                  |             ____Spain 1H
                  |______Brazil___|                                                  |____Spain_|
    2H__Chile____|                                                                            |_____Portugal 2G

Tiebreakers
    1: Total Goals Scored in Tournament (not including shootout PKs): 172 
    2: Total Number of Red Cards in Tournament: 15
    3: Golden Boot winner: Cacau
    4: Wooden Spoon "winner": Sven-Göran Eriksson
    5: Number of shanked PKs by England (missed, not saved, in game and in shootouts): 2
    Last edited by AggonyDuck; 06-05-2010 at 09:46.
    Friendship, Fun & Honour!

"The Prussian army always attacks."
    -Frederick the Great

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Code:
    Grps   Ro16         1/4            1/2                 Final             1/2           1/4           Ro16   Grps
    1A___Mexico____                                                                                ___Argentina___1B
                   |___Mexico____                                                     __Argentina_|
    2B___Nigeria___|             |                                                   |            |______France___2A
                                 |___England___                          __Germany___|
    1C___England____             |             |                        |            |             _____Germany___1D
                    |___England__|             |___Brazil___            |            |__Germany___|
    2D___Australia__|                          |                        |                         |_________USA___2C
                                               |      ___Brazil___      |
    1E___Netherlands_                          |                        |                          _______Italy___1F
                     |_Netherlands_            |            ____Spain___|             ____Italy___|
    2F___Paraguay____|             |           |                        |            |            |_____Denmark___2E
                                   |___Brazil__|                        |____Spain___|
    1G___Brazil___                 |                                                 |              ______Spain___1H
                  |___Brazil_______|                                                 |_____Spain___|
    2H___Chile____|                                                                                |___Portugal___2G

Tiebreakers
    1: Total Goals Scored in Tournament (not including shootout PKs): 157
    2: Total Number of Red Cards (straight up or 2 yellows) in Tournament: 18
    3: Golden Boot winner: Luís Fabiano
    4: Wooden Spoon "winner": South Africa
    5: Number of shanked PKs by England (missed, not saved, in game and in shootouts): 1

Surprising how you've all gone for such conservative red card counts and goals scored. The last 5 world cups have an average red card count of 19.6. The average goals scored over the last 5 world cups is 147. Plus if you look at trends based on host nation (recent world cups only, for tactical reasons), there seems to be an affect over goals scored, with the defensive minded Italians hosting 1990 where only 115 goals were scored. So a chaotic country like South Africa should foster an attacking tournament.
    Last edited by naut; 06-05-2010 at 04:50.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

I think Serbia has far better players than Oz and Ghana.

Then again, maybe I'm still recovering from Serbia pwning France in the qualification round.

Which, come to think of it, perhaps isn't all that much of an achievement. And I hear Serbia has a lot of internal strife. Maybe I overestimate their prowess.
    Where did you hear about internal strife? The atmosphere within the squad (and among the nation and the press, too) is the best I've seen in the last 15-20 years...

EDIT: And what's a "wooden spoon" award?
    Last edited by Sarmatian; 06-05-2010 at 15:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian View Post
    Where did you hear about internal strife? The atmosphere within the squad (and among the nation and the press, too) is the best I've seen in the last 15-20 years...

EDIT: And what's a "wooden spoon" award?
    I dunno, Sarmatian. I thought I remembered reading about volatile internal peace in the Serbian camp somewhere. Don't know where again.

A google reveals that Antic has the authority to be above strife, that the traditionally unruly and fractious players accept his authority. I guess I misread the point of some article then. Whereas Serbia, which always draws from a tremendous pool of talent, has always been prone to internal strife, it is not at this moment.

(Which remains to be seen - will the peaceful atmosphere hold in the face of possible adversity?)

The 'Wooden Spoon' is the Scotland Lifetime Rugby Award.
    Not everything

Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    the admiration of women across the globe!
    And by that you mean the few women who come to the Frontroom like me, right?

Here's my entry, anyway, based a bit on previous WCs I've seen, strength of the groups, selected 23-man squads and relevant injuries, so on and so forth. I based my total goal prediction on the fact that some of the stadia can be unsettling and many of the teams, European in particular, won't like those darn plastic trumpets that the South Africans use and there could be some problems with the heat and such. :3

Hopefully the formatting came out right... I used the shorthand FIFA codes because some of the country names were long and made formatting a pain. ¬_¬

Code:
    MEX___                                               ___ARG
          |MEX___                                 ___ARG|
    KOR___|      |                               |      |___FRA
                 |ENG___                   ___GER|
    ENG___       |      |                 |      |       ___GER
          |ENG___|      |NED___           |      |___GER|
    SRB___|             |                 |             |___USA
                        |                 |
    NED___              |   ____ESP____   |              ___ITA
          |NED___       |                 |       ___ITA|
    PAR___|      |      |           ___ESP|      |      |___DEN
                 |NED___|                 |___ESP|
    BRA___       |                               |       ___ESP
          |BRA___|                               |___ESP|
    SUI___|                                             |___POR

Tiebreakers
    1: Total Goals Scored in Tournament (not including shootout PKs): 129
    2: Total Number of Red Cards (straight up or 2 yellows) in Tournament: 17
    3: Golden Boot winner: Fernando Torres
    4: Wooden Spoon "winner": Honduras
    5: Number of shanked PKs by England (missed, not saved, in game and in shootouts): 1
    Someone else should fire up a World Cup fans (babes) contest.
    What the Dickens would that even entail? Checking out the WAGs? xD

And what is the Wooden Spoon award? Does it mean the team that scores the least, concedes the most, worst overall team, underperforming team? Or is it player-applicable?
    Last edited by Secura; 06-05-2010 at 21:31.
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

The Wooden Spoon "award" is for the worst team in the tourney. Least points in the group stage (usually 0), with the worst goal differential. Think USA in 1998.

Quote Originally Posted by Secura
    What the Dickens would that even entail? Checking out the WAGs? xD
    You would have to clear it with the mods first, don't want to break the "babes in Babe thread only" rule.

Secura since you have the Netherlands getting to the final I'm surprised you haven't picked van Persie for Golden boot. He's been scoring for fun lately. 4 in the last 3 friendlies if I am not mistaken.
    #Hillary4prism

Isn't it obvious? He'll get injured.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom View Post
    Isn't it obvious? He'll get injured.
    Sadly this is 100% true...
    #Hillary4prism

Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    I'm surprised you haven't picked van Persie for Golden boot. He's been scoring for fun lately. 4 in the last 3 friendlies if I am not mistaken.
    Spain have a far easier group and I'd expect Torres to get at least two or three in the two games he plays for the groups, and then perhaps one or two more in the knockouts; I don't think we'll be seeing someone win the award with a huge amount of goals, it's more likely to be around the five/six mark. :3
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Here's my bracket.
    Code:

1A___Mexico___                                                                              __Argentina_1B
                  |___Mexico___                                                    __Argentina_|
    2B_South Korea|            |                                                  |            |SouthAfrica_2A
                               |____USA_____                          __Argentina_|
    1C____USA_____             |            |                        |            |             __Germany___1D
                  |____USA_____|            |___Dutch____            |            |___England__|
    2D___Ghana____|                         |                        |                         |___England__2C
                                            |       Teh Orange       |
    1E_Netherlands                          |                        |                          ____Italy___1F
                  |_Nederlands_             |            __Argentina_|             ____Italy___|
    2F__Paraguay__|            |            |                        |            |            |__Denmark___2E
                               |__Holland___|                        |____Spain___|
    1G___Brazil___             |                                                  |             ____Spain___1H
                  |___Brazil___|                                                  |____Spain___|
    2H__Honduras__|                                                                            |__Portugal__2G

Tiebreakers
    1: Total Goals Scored in Tournament (not including shootout PKs): 185
    2: Total Number of Red Cards (straight up or 2 yellows) in Tournament: 13
    3: Golden Boot winner: Messi
    4: Wooden Spoon "winner": North Korea
    5: Number of shanked PKs by England (missed, not saved, in game and in shootouts): 2
    The Dutch power through to the finals, being on the fairly weak side of the bracket. Argentina find their form, beat England on penalties, and make it past Spain in an entertaining 4-3 match. Then, drunk with power and high on cocaine, Maradona benches Messi (the eventual Golden Boot winner) and puts himself in at forward to relive his past glory. The experiment is not a success, and the Orange get their star.

Speaking of stars, it doesn't look like England have one on their emblem. What's up with that? Do they feel guilty that the ball didn't actually cross the line in '66? Would they be breaking some sacred heraldric convention by adding one? Is the lack of the star the cause of their woes since '66? It's a very curious omission.

Code:
         RoundOf16    Quarters      Semis             Finals              Semis     Quarters     RoundOf16     

1A___Uruguay__                                                                              __Argentina_1B
                  |___Nigeria__                                                    __Argentina_|
    2B___Nigeria__|            |                                                  |            |___France___2A
                               |__England___                          __Argentina_|
    1C___England__             |            |                        |            |             __Germany___1D
                  |__England___|            |__England___            |            |___Germany__|
    2D___Serbia___|                         |                        |                         |__Slovenia__2C
                                            |          Spain         |
    1E_Netherlands                          |                        |                          ____Italy___1F
                  |_Netherlands             |            ____Spain___|             __Denmark___|
    2F__Slovakia__|            |            |                        |            |            |__Denmark___2E
                               |_Netherlands|                        |____Spain___|
    1G___Brazil___             |                                                  |             ____Spain___1H
    2H___Chile____|                                                                            |__Portugal__2G

Tiebreakers
    1: Total Goals Scored in Tournament (not including shootout PKs): 146
    2: Total Number of Red Cards (straight up or 2 yellows) in Tournament: 11
    3: Golden Boot winner: Villa
    4: Wooden Spoon "winner": New Zealand
    5: Number of shanked PKs by England (missed, not saved, in game and in shootouts): 0

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

How do I get this thing to work
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    How do I get this thing to work
    How so? Just quote the OP, delete everything outside the code tags, and fill in the bracket and tiebreaks. I made the bracket lines 12 chars long, should hold the name of every country in the Cup. The code tags keep the char size fixed, so the formatting stays. It's not ideal, but I'm no webmaster. I'll fix formatting if necessary when I sum up at the start of the tourney.

The number-letter pair at the ends of the lines denote the first and second place teams of the 8 groups (A-H).

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    Code:
    Groups RoundOf16 Quarters Semis Finals Semis Quarters RoundOf16 Groups
    1A France____ _____Argentina_ 1B
    |____France____ ___Argentina_________|
    2B___Nigeria___| | | |_____South Africa 2A
    | ____USA_____ __Argentina___|
    1C___USA______ | | | | ____Argentina__1D
    |_____USA___| |____USA________ Argentina_|
    2D__Serbia______| | |___England 2C
    | ____USA_____ 
    1E__Netherlands__ | | ______Italy 1F
    |______Netherlands | ____Germany______| Italy___|
    2F__Slovakia______| | | | | |______Denmark 2E
    | __Netherlands_____| |___Spain_______|
    1G__Brazil______ | | ____Spain 1H
    |______Brazil___| |____Spain_|
    2H__Switzerland_| |_____Portugal 2G

Tiebreakers
    1: Total Goals Scored in Tournament (not including shootout PKs): 154
    2: Total Number of Red Cards in Tournament: 8
    3: Golden Boot winner: Donavan
    5: Number of shanked PKs by England (missed, not saved, in game and in shootouts): 3
    kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
    Oh, sure, if you use Sasaki's mess...

Is this what you meant?
    Code:

1A___France___                                                                              __Argentina_1B
                  |___France___                                                    __Argentina_|
    2B__Nigeria___|            |                                                  |            |SouthAfrica_2A
                               |____USA_____                          __Argentina_|
    1C____USA_____             |            |                        |            |             __Germany___1D
                  |____USA_____|            |____USA_____            |            |___Germany__|
    2D__Serbia____|                         |                        |                         |___England__2C
                                            |          USA           |
                  |Netherlands_             |            ____Spain___|             ____Italy___|
    2F__Slovakia__|            |            |                        |            |            |__Denmark___2E
                               |Netherlands_|                        |____Spain___|
    2H_Switzerland|                                                                            |__Portugal__2G

Tiebreakers
    1: Total Goals Scored in Tournament (not including shootout PKs): 154
    2: Total Number of Red Cards in Tournament: 8
    3: Golden Boot winner: Donavan
    5: Number of shanked PKs by England (missed, not saved, in game and in shootouts): 3

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
    You owe me a mouthfull of beer, it's gone.

2 cute to execute Member Joooray's Avatar

So here is my guess, I admit, there is a LOT wishful thinking involved. But I sincerely hope for a World Cup of surprises.

Code:
    1A____Mexico__                                                                              __Argentina_1B
                  |___Nigeria__                                                    __Argentina_|
    2B___Nigeria__|            |                                                  |            |____France__2A
                               |___Serbia___                          ___Germany__|
    1C___England__             |            |                        |            |             ___Germany__1D
                  |___Serbia___|            |_Netherlands            |            |___Germany__|
    2D___Serbia___|                         |                        |                         |______USA___2C
                                            |      ___Germany__      |
    1E_Netherlands                          |                        |                          __Paraguay__1F
                  |_Netherlands             |            ___Germany__|             __Cameroon__|
    2F__Italy_____|            |            |                        |            |            |__Cameroon__2E
                               |_Netherlands|                        |____Spain___|
    1G__Brazil____             |                                                  |             ____Spain___1H
                  |__Brazil____|                                                  |____Spain___|
    2H___Chile____|                                                                            |Ivory Coast_2G

Tiebreakers
    1: Total Goals Scored in Tournament (not including shootout PKs): 132
    2: Total Number of Red Cards (straight up or 2 yellows) in Tournament: 15
    3: Golden Boot winner: Van Persie
    Edit before the first game, due to possible come back Drogba.
    Last edited by Joooray; 06-11-2010 at 14:25.

Supreme Victory, The Shadow Fort
    © Crazed Rabbit

Code:
    1A France                                                                              Argentina 1B
                  | France                                                    Argentina|
    2B Greece |            |                                                  |            | Mexico 2A
                               |England                          Germany|
    1C England             |            |                        |            |             Germany 1D
                  |England|            |Brazil            |            |Germany|
    2D Serbia |                         |                        |                         | USA 2C
                                            |      Brazil      |
    1E Netherlands                          |                        |                          Italy 1F
                  |Netherlands             |            Spain|            Cameroon|
    2F Paraguay|            |            |                        |            |            |Cameroon 2E
                               |Brazil|                        |Spain|
    1G Brazil             |                                                  |              Spain 1H
                  |Brazil|                                                  |Spain|
    2H Chile|                                                                            |Portugal 2G

Tiebreakers
    1: Total Goals Scored in Tournament (not including shootout PKs): 172
    2: Total Number of Red Cards (straight up or 2 yellows) in Tournament: 6
    3: Golden Boot winner: Robinho
    I'll come back and edit in a Golden Boot winner, requires further consideration...
    Done.
    Last edited by Craterus; 06-09-2010 at 23:12.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast