Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Fox- Lylat Wars [Concluded]

Sultry Gangster Babe Member Diana Abnoba's Avatar
    In a Gangster's Paradise, eating lobster and drinking fine wine.

Default Re: Star Fox- Lylat Wars

(finally got a reason/excuse to use that smiley)
    Sultry Mafia Babe
    Diana Abnoba- Goddess of the Hunt

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So did anyone else pick up star fox adventures and just go "Why am I not in an Arwing?"
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen View Post
    So did anyone else pick up star fox adventures and just go "Why am I not in an Arwing?"
    Yeah, pretty much. In the beginning of development, it was actually not even going to be a Star Fox game, but they needed a brand name to give it more publicity.

In the end, my reaction to it wound up along the lines of "SURPRISE ZELDA IN SPACE LULZ".
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    I can post video game music too!
    Yet it is the wrong game, you dunce. At least post Starfox music.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What do you have against OOT Beskie?

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

OOT is Off Topic. I don't mind chatter, just keep it related to this game.

We only have 2-3 more to go. (Not sure if Notredamefan will actually be joining. Can't find him at the .org yet) However, I'll use my mental powers and make one of my replacement players join if necessary. Almost there...
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So who do you guys like better in Smash Bros, Fox or Falco?

Semi-Corruptible Member White_eyes:D's Avatar

So who do you guys like better in Smash Bros, Fox or Falco?
    Fox
    Pros
    -good for whittle down your opponent with his basic and smash attacks.
    -good for fighting one-on-one matches.
    Cons
    -his attacks do suck badly if you want to knock someone off the edge under 110% damage with his moves alone, I recall using items 80% of the time.
    -not good for a player who gets hit too much, he can be knocked off easy at 80% damage.

Falco
    Pros
    -his attacks are really good for knocking your opponent off of the screen.
    -good for fighting in big matches with more then one opponent.
    Cons
    -his attacks need a big recovery time, if you are damaged above 150% and your opponent comes back before you.....smash and good bye.
    -does less damage then fox does at the cost of sending your opponent further.

Overall, I liked Faclo better....he just has the hitting power necessary to knock someone far enough out. I like Fox too...but his attacks make almost everyone flinch like the terminator and then they throw him like a ragdoll
    Last edited by White_eyes:D; 06-10-2010 at 23:47.

Blog Entries

What about Wolf? I never used him cause he wasn't in Melee, so I really don't know about him.

I wish they had kept Mewtwo instead of Jigglypuff though

Little Mons†er Senior Member Secura's Avatar

I liked Wolf... he's like a slower, more powerful version of Fox, complete antithesis to Falco. Fantastic persona also. :3

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Then again, I just play as Pikachu, Pokémon Trainer, Link or Zero Suit Samus. ¬_¬

Should really take the off-topic stuff private. :3
    "Blacker than a moonless night. Hotter and more bitter than Hell itself… that is coffee."

Blog Entries

Link and DK are my favorites.

I suggest we take the SSB talk to the Brawl/Battle Royale game, I'm sure Pizza doesn't want the free bumps.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Less spam, now.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

I've had an emergency come up and wont be back until early next week. So if this starts I may not be around for the first day (or maybe night) cycle.

I will make one last effort at recruitment. I gotta have at least 40, it's very important. Ideally we should have closer to 50.

But, if I don't find at least two more, I'll grab my replacement people and just hope no one goes inactive.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Link and DK are my favorites.

I suggest we take the SSB talk to the Brawl/Battle Royale game, I'm sure Pizza doesn't want the free bumps.
    That's an excellent idea.

My thread is really seeming kind of dry...
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Alright, I'm in.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

ANNOUNCEMENTS

• Final role setup will be confirmed, roles will go out, and game should begin within 24 hours, now that I have met my 40-person minimum and thensome. (thank you!!!!)

To everyone playing this game: I direct your attention to another large mafia game in need of players, "A Bridge Zhou Far"

I'm not the best person to describe what that game is about, but it looks pretty interesting. Go ahead and visit the thread and ask Subotan, the game host, what it is about. Hope this helps you out, Subotan.

To all new players: If you are brand-new to forums.totalwar.org, first of all, WELCOME. You're among friends here. This game is full of people from the .org, CivFanatics, and Total War Center. You'll likely find someone familiar, and even if you don't, I am here and will promptly answer all your questions, game-related or forum-related. If I am stumped I will direct you to our gameroom moderators.

New people- Watch your private message inbox!!!: If you're new, your inbox is very very small. You will want to SAVE all messages to text file on your computer, then delete them, until you become a full member. I don't recall if your inbox can only hold ten messages still or not, but if so, yeah it fills up awfully quick!! If I, the game host, need to communicate with you and I can't reach you by your .org inbox, I will try to reach you on the TWC or CFC inbox. Sorry for the inconvenience there, but it should only be very temporary.

Junior member- Membership status: Just keep posting constructively and within forum rules, and you should be a member in no time.

Gameroom membership: CONTACT me if I have failed to properly inform you of the procedure for being a gameroom member, folks who haven't done so yet.

Gameroom rules: This could be important to read. Please follow said rules while posting here. It's not too different from your native websites, and the general rule is to... be nice! Seriously though.

Rules for this game, and further info: Will be posted shortly, please be sure you read the post I make to begin the game. I will copy it and edit it into the original post of this thread, so finding and referencing the rules will be as simple as visiting page 1 and looking at post number 1.

Any more questions? Inbox is emptied frequently. Come chat with me.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Yeah! Can't wait to get started.

EDIT: I do have a question. Will there be another thread for the game or will this be the game thread?
    Last edited by remake20; 06-12-2010 at 05:12.

Quote Originally Posted by remake20 View Post
    Yeah! Can't wait to get started.

EDIT: I do have a question. Will there be another thread for the game or will this be the game thread?
    This will be the game thread.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    This will be the game thread.
    Is happy about that

Getting it out of the way early:

Will townies get a role pm?
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen View Post
    Getting it out of the way early:

Will townies get a role pm?
    Everyone will get a long, detailed role PM which explains who they are, what their alignment is, and gives a picture of what kind of ship they fly in. Everyone will have a badass spaceship to fly in, even the most basic of roles.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Blog Entries

Yay!

Blog Entries

I got an invitation. Sure, I will join.

I didn't think you needed an invitation anymore, Seon.

I'm saddened that your joining my games isn't automatic by now.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Blog Entries

Hey! What about me?

I'm not gonna be on till Sunday around 5pm

The .org's resident pirate Member landlubber's Avatar

I'm here.
    Just saying.

LYLAT WARS

Game Description:

• Large Mafia Game
    • 40+ players
    • Standard Day/Night phases
    • Town, Neutral, and Mafia factions
    • Pro-town team not overpowered
    • Investigation roles are not 100% effective
    • Many players are basic townies
    • Secret roles, hidden twist

Write-up description

• Each Day and Night phase will feature a different Planet or Location in the Lylat System and beyond
    • Game will feature a storyline plot, the ending of which is determined by the outcome of the game
    • Each writeup will include IMAGES and MUSIC.
    • Each writeup will advance the storyline
    • Removed: Write-up clues. No puzzles or hints in these. (Focus should be on standard mafia solving techniques)
    • Upon death: Those who die will be named, and their alignment will be revealed.

GAME RULES- These rules have also been copied and pasted into post number 1 of this thread.

1. The game does not involve any unusual rules, such as:
    • The game host (Askthepizzaguy) being a player/lynchable
    • unknown players being able to participate
    • inverted win conditions (such as death being victory, or don't lynch anyone results in victory)

so this is not a gag or gimmick game.

2. Win conditions for the Town-aligned factions:
    • Destroy the Big Bad, and any other hostile forces.
    • Try to fulfill your personal goal(s).

3. Win conditions for the Neutral-aligned factions:
    • Destroy the Big Bad, survive the game.
    • Try to fulfill your personal goal(s).

4. Win conditions for the rest:
    • See your role PM.

5. Minimum level of participation:
    • If you do not vote three rounds in a row, you will be sent out of this dimension by the angry, wrathful hand of God, and will be removed from the game and will automatically finish with the lowest possible score and rank dead last. This can be averted under extenuating circumstances by contacting me and letting me know why you will be inactive and when you will be back. I may still be forced to replace you temporarily.

6. Voting procedure:
    • If you wish to vote to lynch someone, post Vote: Askthepizzaguy
    • If you wish to vote for someone new, post Unvote, vote: Sasaki Kojiro
    • If you do not BOLD your vote, it does not count.
    • If you do not unvote your previous vote, your new vote does not count.
    • If you edit a post with your vote in it, the vote still counts.
    • However, if you edit your post to change your vote, you WILL be removed from the game. Do not edit your votes. Make a new post. You can edit other parts of your post, but not the vote part.

7. Role revealing
    • DO NOT REVEAL YOUR ROLE PRIVATELY TO ANYONE. Do not say who you are. Do not hint who you are.
    • If you wish to make a role reveal, you MUST do it PUBLICLY, in this very thread.
    • You are allowed to quote your role PM in this public thread. Yes, the entire thing. But only here.
    • This means no email, no private message, no other forums, no telephone, no chats, and no writing messages in the sky. Doesn't matter how, you will not reveal your role privately.

8. Private communication
    • You can communicate privately to anyone, if you wish. DO NOT reveal your role this way.

9. Exceptions:
    • If you are told by the game host that you know what someone else's role is, then you are able to contact them privately and talk about it that way.

10. Illegal moves:
    • Do not intentionally mess with the vote tally. I will warn you the first time, then ban you. (Don't worry about making tallies for me, I will do my own count. You can do an unofficial tally for yourselves.)
    • Do not reveal information that is not publicly available after you die. Your actions during the night phases, other people's actions, your role, your role PM, communications from the game host, even things you heard as a rumor privately... don't talk about them, don't confirm them when others say them. If you speak after death, you may only refer to IN-THREAD information.

I am going to quote from Seamus Fermanagh’s rules from Capo II on this one, with a few edits:
    The dead may post, but not vote/select nor carry out any night actions. Dead players may not reveal their roles publicly or privately and may not reveal their faction or role particulars either. Dead players may not quote from a PM unless that PM has been posted in the public thread by a living player. Dead players may not reveal, recount or allude to their previous night actions (or results thereof in the case of investigations) publicly or privately – even to confirm a previously made public or private reveal. Your participation must be circumspect, but your continued participation IS encouraged.

• No screenshots may be used, from or to anyone, for ANY purpose – this includes during PMs. Feel free to quote from player's PMs to you or to fabricate as you see fit. You may NOT quote my PMs. Chatlog conversations may be referenced/quoted, but may not be copied via screenshot. Note: it can be difficult to maintain role secrecy during chat conversations.
    • "Suicide" will not be allowed in this game (it is possible to create an unplayable game with nothing but suicide pact challenges going on. This is not the intended mode of play for this game). Players who must remove themselves from play for schedule reasons should send me a PM. I will then write them out of play.

11. I reserve the right to amend these rules and your role at any time. However, I won't do that unless it pertains to game balance (rules) or how I originally designed your role to play out (new role and win conditions, triggered by certain events). The role you start with may change depending on circumstances beyond your total control.

12. The Big Bad (main enemy of the game)

• This is the role that the Town and Neutral factions start off opposing.
    • The Big Bad could be anyone.
    • There may be more than one Big Bad... or just one, depending on what happens.

13. Sportsmanship, player etiquette, having fun:

• This is just a game. If you win, you don't win anything, and no matter how awesome you are, you did not win based solely on your own actions. Random chance, and other player decisions, are what influence the outcome more than your awesome skills.
    • Don't take it too seriously. This may be the internet, but this game is not SERIOUS BUSINESS.
    • Breaking the rules, however, is SERIOUS BUSINESS.
    • Don't hate anyone for accusing you.
    • Don't do personal attacks. You can criticize strategy or suggest people are guilty. Don't call them dumb, or anything similar. (You may roleplay, however. make it clear you're roleplaying, and avoid profanity, and you're just fine.)
    • Avoid profanity and stay within forum rules. I expect you've read the rules when you joined the forum, and the rules are posted plainly here and especially in the gameroom itself (Read this before playing...)

Finally, Have fun.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 06-13-2010 at 00:19.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Corneria. Fourth planet of the Lylat System.

The Evil Andross turned this once thriving system into a wasteland of near-extinction. General Pepper of the Cornerian Army was successful in exiling this maniacal scientist to the barren, deserted planet Venom. Five years later, General Pepper noticed strange activity coming from Venom. James McCloud, Pigma Dengar, and Peppy Hare of the StarFox team were sent to investigate. Upon their arrival, Pigma betrayed the team, and James and Peppy were captured by Andross. Peppy barely escaped Venom and returned home to tell James' son Fox about his father's fate.

A few years pass, and Andross had invaded the Lylat system again. General Pepper turned to a new StarFox team headed by Fox McCloud to save Corneria, and free the Lylat system once again.

Flashback:

Andross: I've been waiting for you, Star Fox.

Andross: You know that I control the galaxy.

Andross: It's foolish to come against me.

Andross: You will die, just like your Father.

Fox McCloud: Say your prayers, Andross!!!

Andross: HA HA HA.... YOU CAN NEVER DEFEAT ME!!!!

Andross: ARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!! If I go down, I'm taking you with me!!!

Fox McCloud: Sorry to jet, but I'm in a hurry!

THE END......... ?

Time passes.....

Corneria, five years later.

A team of ruthless mercenaries known as Star Wolf has been raiding Cornerian trade convoys. Daring and elusive, the Wolfen pilots have been using the Meteo asteroid field as a base from which to launch attacks, and return to hiding. The Cornerian Army cannot send their fleet into the asteroid field, so General Pepper dispatches Fox McCloud and the rest of the Star Fox team to investigate.

During their mission, the Star Fox team was ambushed by Star Wolf. It seemed as though they came out of nowhere. Some of the Arwings were disabled.

Wolf O'Donnell: It looks like WE win today, Star Fox.

Star Fox and his team fled from the asteroid field and attempted to return back to Corneria, with Star Wolf in hot pursuit.

Wolf O'Donnell: Trying to limp back home? Hahahaha...... Can't let you do that, Star Fox!!!

Leon Powalski: Come here, Falco. I'll take care of you.

Andrew Oikonny: Slippy Toad.... I think I'll do the entire fan base a favor and vaporize you. Stick to the Pond, Froggy!

The StarFox team was about to be wiped out by Star Wolf, until a vortex opened in space, near the battle. From the center of the vortex came a cluster of homing missiles, heading straight toward StarFox and Star Wolf.

Wolf O'Donnell: What the heck?

The missiles streaked toward their targets. Things were getting desperate, until a lone voice rang out across the comm channel....

Using this awesome maneuver, Star Fox and Star Wolf were able to avoid being hit by the enemy missiles.

Peppy and Fox streaked towards Corneria, with the missiles right on their tail. Peppy and Fox were able to try a somersault and then were able to shoot down the enemy missiles. Things didn't fare as well for Falco and Slippy, who were forced back into the Meteo asteroid field, where they attempted to evade the missiles.

The Star Fox team had been separated. Star Wolf managed to escape, and Wolf O'Donnell vowed revenge against whoever had attacked him, and denied O'Donnell his final victory over Star Fox. Above Corneria, more vortexes began to appear, and from these wormholes came even more missiles... all aiming at Corneria itself. The people of Corneria were now in mortal danger. This attack was repeated all across the Lylat System.... even the remnants of the former Venomian army were targeted. But who could have done this? Why were they trying to destroy everyone? Somewhere in the Lylat system, a sinister, dark villain had emerged.... and this time, NO ONE was safe....
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

This is the basic town and basic neutral role PM, which can be used as a cover role by anyone who wishes to do so. You could also use it as a template to forge your own role PM.

Role reveals should always be taken with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy
    "All aircraft report."
    —Cornerian Fighter

Cornerian Defense Force

http://starfox.wikia.com/wiki/Cornerian_Army

The Cornerian Army is one of the main military forces of Corneria, used to patrol and protect the Lylat System from any and all threats. Squadrons of these soldiers have been dispatched to various areas of the Lylat System to keep the peace. In Star Fox 64, the Army is quickly overpowered by the unexpected invasion from the until then unheard of Venomian Army. The Cornerian Army, during that time, had control over Corneria, Sector Y, Katina and Fichina, and they usually managed to endure until Star Fox came to the rescue. During the time of Star Fox: Assault, the Cornerian Army is able to hold it's own fighting rebelling forces, giving Star Fox time to go in after Andrew Oikonny. It is assumed that they, like the Cornerian Defense Force, were severely beaten trying to stop the sudden invasion of the powerful Aparoids. The Cornerian Army base on Katina was among the first victims of the Aparoid invasion. General Pepper retired and turned his job over to Peppy Hare by the time of Star Fox Command, in which the army must again try to defend Lylat from a quick invasion from a powerful enemy, in this case, the Anglars. Several members of the Cornerian Army are playable in this game, including Bill Grey and Dash Bowman. Also, in this game, Krystal joins the Cornerian Army before defecting to Star Wolf. She takes her fighter with her, although she paints it pink. It is identical to Bill's ship.
    Role: Cornerian Fighter
    Team: Cornerian Defense Force
    Victory: Town
    Personal Objective: The Cornerian Defense force must outnumber the Venomian Assault Force by the end of the conflict.
    Ability: None
    Ship: Cornerian Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy
    "Do you copy? Emergency Maneuvers!"
    —Caiman

Venomian Assault Force

http://starfox.wikia.com/wiki/Venomian_Army

The Venomian Army sometimes referred to as Androssians, was the army of the planet Venom which operated under the control of Andross. The army was destroyed by both the Cornerian Army and the Star Fox Team at the end of the Lylat Wars, although small groups of it remained at least up to the time of the Aparoid Invasion. These groups were kept at bay during those times, being forced to stay on Fortuna as a last resort before the Aparoids invaded.
    Role: Venomian Fighter
    Team: Venomian Assault Force
    Victory: Neutral

It is in your best interest to remain alive. As a neutral, you can only win if your team (VAF) outnumbers the Cornerian team (CDF) at the end of the game, or if you survive the game, or if your alignment changes and you get new win conditions.

Personal Objective: The Venomian Assault Force must outnumber the Cornerian Defense force by the end of the conflict. Your personal survival adds to this.
    Ability: None
    Ship: Venomian Fighter

The Venomian Forces can win with the town, but this victory condition may change.

DAY ONE BEGINS

Alive: (43/44)

Alexander the Pretty Good
    ArpeggiateTHIS
    Autolycus
    Beefy187
    Beskar
    Chaotix
    choxorn
    civplayah
    Cultured Drizzt Fan
    Death is yonder
    Diana Abnoba
    Double A
    Frozen in Ice
    hell_hound
    johnhughthom
    Joooray
    Kadagar_AV
    Khazaar
    Krill
    landlubber
    merciary
    Miotas
    Nictel
    Nightbringer
    pevergreen
    Pinman
    remake20
    Renata
    Rob_the_Celt
    Romanic
    Secura
    Seon
    shlin28
    Skooma Addict
    splitpersonality
    Stuck in Pi
    TheFlax
    White_Eyes:D
    wideyedwanderer
    Winston Hughes
    Yaropolk
    Yaseikhaan
    YLC

Dead: (1/44)

Askthepizzaguy- James McCloud

Out of this Dimension: (0/44)

Day One ends on June 14th, at 2359 (11:59PM) Eastern time, USA. That is approximately 53 hours from now.
    You may now post and vote.

Day phases will be 48 hours long after this phase, and Night phases will be 24-48 hours long depending on if everyone got their night actions in.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 06-13-2010 at 00:49.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast