Thread: Shogun 2 Total War silly questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Shogun 2 Total War silly questions

What if the engine of the new game is so much better than the engine of M2TW?
    Does this mean that development on EB2 will stop with the purpose of making EB3?
    I don't know what to keep my fingers crossed for...

Default Re: Shogun 2 Total War silly questions

Oh Zeus no!

Quote Originally Posted by zcb888 View Post
    What if the engine of the new game is so much better than the engine of M2TW?
    Does this mean that development on EB2 will stop with the purpose of making EB3?
    I don't know what to keep my fingers crossed for...
    There is no "if" at Sega, they won't let the CA to release a moddable game. Btw, there won't be EB3, that was announced by the team a few months ago now. Chill, there will be EB2.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Finished essays: The Italian Wars (1494-1559), The siege of Buda (1686), The history of Boius tribe in the Carpathian Basin, Hungarian regiments' participation in the Austro-Prussian-Italian War in 1866, The Mithridatic Wars, Xenophon's Anabasis, The Carthagian colonization
    Skipped essays: Serbian migration into the Kingdom of Hungary in the 18th century, The Order of Saint John in the Kingdom of Hungary

Member Member stratigos vasilios's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Apázlinemjó View Post
    Btw, there won't be EB3, that was announced by the team a few months ago now.
    That's a shame :P
    We love you because you died and resurrected to save us...
    We love you Goku!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stratigos vasilios View Post
    That's a shame :P
    Maybe EBII will be perfect, so no need for EBIII^^

Member Member stratigos vasilios's Avatar

I don't think the word maybe should be used. It WILL be perfect.
    We love you because you died and resurrected to save us...
    We love you Goku!

There won't be an EB3. Not because we are fed up (if that was the case, we'd stop EB2), but because modding is actually very time-consuming and most of us have other commitments in life too (family, girlfriends, other hobbies etc.) and after all we work on EB2 during our free time, which includes aforementioned hobbies. Lack of time coupled with fewer members on EB2 than EB1 and that future TW titles are much less moddable than previous titles = No EB3.
    "Debating with someone on the Internet is like mudwrestling with a pig. You get filthy and the pig loves it"
    Shooting down abou's Seleukid ideas since 2007!

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Apázlinemjó View Post
    There is no "if" at Sega, they won't let the CA to release a moddable game. Btw, there won't be EB3, that was announced by the team a few months ago now. Chill, there will be EB2.
    and of course, the silly *persons* at CA won't even release a sourcode for their older games. so that avenue is also blocked-bigtime. honestly, what's with their paranoia about allowing their newer programs to be modded, or releasing source codes for older games?

I do recall an attempt to petition CA for a medieval:total war source code (sice the game is older-much older-than 5 years), to which I was involved, and put in good reasons for providing such a thing (incentivise for buying vanilla, greater appreciation for product, it doesn't hurt the company financially (just ask ID-they released source codes for the first 3 quakes)), etc, etc).

alas, it came to naught as far as I can tell
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

The developers at CA will realize that EB1 is better than the original RTW game, and EB2 is better than MTW2, so they will hire the entire EB team to make a historically accurate TW game...

One can dream... :D
    "Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind...but there is one thing that science cannot accept - and that is a personal God who meddles in the affairs of his creation."
    -Albert Einstein

Varangarchos ton Romaioktonon Member Hannibal Khan the Great's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrahim View Post
    and of course, the silly *persons* at CA won't even release a sourcode for their older games. so that avenue is also blocked-bigtime. honestly, what's with their paranoia about allowing their newer programs to be modded, or releasing source codes for older games?

I do recall an attempt to petition CA for a medieval:total war source code (sice the game is older-much older-than 5 years), to which I was involved, and put in good reasons for providing such a thing (incentivise for buying vanilla, greater appreciation for product, it doesn't hurt the company financially (just ask ID-they released source codes for the first 3 quakes)), etc, etc).

alas, it came to naught as far as I can tell
    I'm actually thinking Sega, and not CA, is behind this. Notice how after Rome - after CA switched from Activision to Sega - the modding capability has decreased drastically. Even Medieval 2 was not very moddable without the unpacker supplied in the files. And with Empire and Nap, it's gone into the abyss.
    from Megas Methuselah for helping with city names from Hooahguy for my sig

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal Khan the Great View Post
    I'm actually thinking Sega, and not CA, is behind this. Notice how after Rome - after CA switched from Activision to Sega - the modding capability has decreased drastically. Even Medieval 2 was not very moddable without the unpacker supplied in the files. And with Empire and Nap, it's gone into the abyss.
    I think part of the reason is that CA ditched their own unpackers for third-party tools, which they do not own and can therefor not release to the public. AFAIK that is the reason why the promised modding tools for M2:TW did not materialize (the obvious question being why CA promised this in the first place).
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Σέλευκος Νικάτωρ Member Fluvius Camillus's Avatar

Over here... I want to ask a silly Shogun question (as the title implies)!

Will there be Lorica Segmentata?

~Fluvius
    Last edited by Fluvius Camillus; 06-08-2010 at 18:17. Reason: or else...
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrius
    Oh my god, i think that is the first time in human history that someone cares to explain an acronym that people expect everybody to know in advance.
    I lived for three years not knowing what AAR is.

Completed Campaigns: Epeiros (EB1.0), Romani (EB1.1), Baktria (1.2) and Arche Seleukeia
    1x From Olaf the Great for my quote!
    3x1x<-- From Maion Maroneios for succesful campaigns!
    5x2x<-- From Aemilius Paulus for winning a contest!
    1x From Mulceber!

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    I think part of the reason is that CA ditched their own unpackers for third-party tools, which they do not own and can therefor not release to the public. AFAIK that is the reason why the promised modding tools for M2:TW did not materialize (the obvious question being why CA promised this in the first place).
    they didn't think that Sega would be run by *****? if what Hannibal up there says (which, in light of CA's business history, is most certainly true), then it is evident that their new leaders essentially scrapped their packers, in favor of their ulra paranoid locks and packs, sometime after the buyout of CA to Sega. in other words, against CA's will?

I'm still dubious that it was against CA's will though...ID still helps on and off with modding the quake series, even after their own buyout last year.
    Last edited by Ibrahim; 06-08-2010 at 17:59.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg