Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's another of Brennus' pointless yet friendly posts: "Would like to meet..."

Uergobretos Senior Member Brennus's Avatar

Default It's another of Brennus' pointless yet friendly posts: "Would like to meet..."

If you could meet one character from within the EB timeframe who would it be, what would you ask them and what would you like to do with them (please nothing smutty for anyone who posts Cleopatra and please don't just say "I would like to meet Caesar/Hannibal/Antiochus Megas, ask him why he was a and kill him etc etc").

Thank you in advance for your contribution.

donated by ARCHIPPOS for being friendly to new people.
    donated by Macilrille for wit.
    donated by stratigos vasilios for starting new and interesting threads
    donated by Tellos Athenaios as a welcome to Campus Martius

Default Re: It's another of Brennus' pointless yet friendly posts: "Would like to meet..."

I would meet Pyrrhus just before assassinating him. I wouldn't say anything because AFAIK Pyrrhus doesn't speak Hai (Հայերեն). It would be an honour, even though I would only see him alive for 5 minutes.
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

Default Re: It's another of Brennus' pointless yet friendly posts: "Would like to meet..."

Uhm... Jesus? lol
    I don't know, I'll probably just witness a major battle XD

Vartan why exactly would you kill Pyrrhus?

Quote Originally Posted by Arjos View Post
    Uhm... Jesus? lol
    I don't know, I'll probably just witness a major battle XD
    Good thought! I wonder how many people here would like to meet Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Brennus View Post
    Good thought! I wonder how many people here would like to meet Jesus.
    Make a Brennus Poll.
    Former Projects:

Unfortunately not very original but…
    To go back and see Caesar get assassinated because its a part of history that’s interested me from a very young age and it would be sweet to see it for myself.

..........................[

Varangarchos ton Romaioktonon Member Hannibal Khan the Great's Avatar

I would make a priest tell Antiochos III to put Hannibal in command of his army, and not his fleet...
    from Megas Methuselah for helping with city names from Hooahguy for my sig

Quote Originally Posted by vartan View Post
    Make a Brennus Poll.
    You mean "How many people would like to meet Jesus?" of "How many people would like to meet Brennus" cos I can tell you now the second experience is an anti-climax.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jazzy View Post
    Unfortunately not very original but…
    That's true but its better than my alternative title "If you could go handgliding over one city in Antiquity what would it be?"

iudex thervingiorum Member athanaric's Avatar

I'd like to meet, and talk to, Jesus, Caesar, Surena, Arminius, and quite possibly many others. Also I'd ask Arshak for tips on getting rid of a hostile occupation force.

Swêboz guide for EB 1.2
    Tips and Tricks for New Players
    from Hannibal Khan the Great, Brennus, Tellos Athenaios, and Winsington III.

I didnt mean the topic was unoriginal I meant my post. ;)

..........................[

Archimedes, well, I would like to discuss maths and engineering with him, because he did many amazing things, while the amount of available information and knowledge to build on was low. I am also curious, if he really constructed his famous "solarbeam" weapon.

And perhaps some philosopher, but I just found out, that I can't recall any famous philosopher from EB timeframe.
    There are also many other possibilities, even not famous people, but even some random citizen of Rome/ random Celtic druid...

my balloons

I would like to meet Xenophon and march with him and the Ten Thousand. I would gladly meet VI. Mithridates Eupator too.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Finished essays: The Italian Wars (1494-1559), The siege of Buda (1686), The history of Boius tribe in the Carpathian Basin, Hungarian regiments' participation in the Austro-Prussian-Italian War in 1866, The Mithridatic Wars, Xenophon's Anabasis, The Carthagian colonization
    Skipped essays: Serbian migration into the Kingdom of Hungary in the 18th century, The Order of Saint John in the Kingdom of Hungary

I would like to meet Titus Pullo and have some beers with him while watching the Cannae battle.
    Last edited by Tux; 06-14-2010 at 22:09.

Σέλευκος Νικάτωρ Member Fluvius Camillus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tux View Post
    I would like to meet Titus Pullo and have some beers with him while watching the Cannae battle.
    LOL! Just watch out when you play dice, don't try any tricks Still, Pullo seems like a nice fellow to have a beer with.

It would be hard to pick one, all these above sound good. Maybe travel a bit with Strabo while he is writing his Geographica. Watching battles from an elevated position seems enjoying too.

~Fluvius
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrius
    Oh my god, i think that is the first time in human history that someone cares to explain an acronym that people expect everybody to know in advance.
    I lived for three years not knowing what AAR is.

Completed Campaigns: Epeiros (EB1.0), Romani (EB1.1), Baktria (1.2) and Arche Seleukeia
    1x From Olaf the Great for my quote!
    3x1x<-- From Maion Maroneios for succesful campaigns!
    5x2x<-- From Aemilius Paulus for winning a contest!
    1x From Mulceber!

EB:NOM Triumvir Member gamegeek2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    I'd like to meet, and talk to, Jesus, Caesar, Surena, Arminius, and quite possibly many others. Also I'd ask Arshak for tips on getting rid of a hostile occupation force.
    Better go learn some Aramaic if you want to go East; it was Jesus' main language. Surena might've spoken it as well.

You might want to know this if you meet Yashua:

Abûn dbashmâyya, netqâdîsh shmak. Têtê malkûtak. Nehwê tsebyânak aikâna bashmâyya 'ap b'arâ. Hab lân lakhmâ sûnqanân yaumâna. Wa shbûq lân khaubên wa khtahên aikâna 'ap khnân shboqen l'khayabên. Wa la tahlân l'nesyûna, 'ela patsân men bîsha. Metul lak hî malkûtâ, wa khailâ, wa teshbûkhtâ l'alâm 'almîn. Amîn.

You may have seen this somewhere else :D
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullheadhq
    Run Hax! For slave master gamegeek has arrived
    "To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

I would meet Pyrrhus just before assassinating him. I wouldn't say anything because AFAIK Pyrrhus doesn't speak Hai (Հայերեն). It would be an honour, even though I would only see him alive for 5 minutes.
    I have to ask, why kill Pyrrhus?
    from Megas Methuselah, for some information on Greek colonies in Iberia.

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Its he's really the son of God, I don't think it would matter :-p, gamegeek2.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Quote Originally Posted by WinsingtonIII View Post
    I have to ask, why kill Pyrrhus?
    I've never killed a man and do not wish to do so ever, at all. But!, if I ever did, it would have to be a very important person. I find Pyrrhus to be one of the most important people of the EB era. If I was teleported to the Near East, I'd just head over to the royal palace and have some wine with old man Yervand. Probably marry a daughter of his and just chillax. Buy some land and start my own Armenian wine business.
    Former Projects:

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Can I back and time and kill the fore father of the Armenians to save Pyrrhus? :-D
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Quote Originally Posted by antisocialmunky View Post
    Can I back and time and kill the fore father of the Armenians to save Pyrrhus? :-D
    You would be killing him and a lot of Antigonids in the process. Sorry.
    Former Projects:

I would talk to either Sulla to ask him to explain his complicated personality or politics (provided they are on good terms with us, that might get me proscribed if not), or I would seek advice from Ovid.

Member Member stratigos vasilios's Avatar

I'd like to meat Cleopatra.... LOL sorry I couldn't help it!
    We love you because you died and resurrected to save us...
    We love you Goku!

Sang Hulu Jurit Balamati Member plutoboyz's Avatar
    Near a dammed warlike tribe called "Indonesian"

I'll go back to 156 BC meet lil' Marius. no talking, just capture him. give him to any Pahlavan king. then go back to my original time frame.

Klibanophoros Ton Rhomaioktono Member Duguntz's Avatar

I've never killed a man and do not wish to do so ever, at all. But!, if I ever did, it would have to be a very important person. I find Pyrrhus to be one of the most important people of the EB era. If I was teleported to the Near East, I'd just head over to the royal palace and have some wine with old man Yervand. Probably marry a daughter of his and just chillax. Buy some land and start my own Armenian wine business.
    Well, Pyrrhus is importent indeed... but speaking about contribution to the world and popularity, Jesus kick his asses (and everybodu elses) 10 times! As for myself, hmmm, I'd go to the day of Caesar's assassination, Kill Brutus, then receive a great reward from caesar to have protected him! Before that, though as any sweboz dedicated fan that respect himself, I'd go meet Ariovistus, have a mug of mead with him while talking about whatever under the shade of a dense forest!
    Last edited by Duguntz; 06-15-2010 at 07:44.
    Opinions are like bacteries : we all have, but it's better to keep them for ourself... (By me!)

generously given by Nachtmeister
    generously given by Macilrille for Sweboz combat tactics
    Generously given by Brennus

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

I'll want to meet Jesus

And I want to meet Hannibaal, when he still campaigning in Italy, gave him plan to create some cannons...

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC

Who is this Jesus? I've never heard of him before. Was he a general in the ancient times or what?

Finished essays: The Italian Wars (1494-1559), The siege of Buda (1686), The history of Boius tribe in the Carpathian Basin, Hungarian regiments' participation in the Austro-Prussian-Italian War in 1866, The Mithridatic Wars, Xenophon's Anabasis, The Carthagian colonization
    Skipped essays: Serbian migration into the Kingdom of Hungary in the 18th century, The Order of Saint John in the Kingdom of Hungary

Well, than you have to learn about him quickly, as you will have hard times understanding what the (...) was happening during middle ages in your history study. Perhaps that's the reason why you skipped the Order of Saint John essay.

my balloons

Pfuh... Jesus.

Why would somebody like to meet a person who is the same as e.g. Charles Manson. AFAIK they were both cultleaders.

I would like to meet Galen and tell him the real story about the human body.

Quote Originally Posted by Andronikos View Post
    Well, than you have to learn about him quickly, as you will have hard times understanding what the (...) was happening during middle ages in your history study. Perhaps that's the reason why you skipped the Order of Saint John essay.
    Obviously I was joking. :P
    I'm a Roman Catholic, yet I wouldn't want to meet him. ;o

I was joking too, therefore three smilies.

my balloons

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast