Poll: Are manually recruited generals a good idea?

Thread: Are manually recruited generals a good idea?

Watching over the city of Venezia. (Venice)
    Blog Entries

Default Are manually recruited generals a good idea?

What I mean is in Barbarian Invasion, when playing as a barbaric faction, you have the chance of creating a general directly from the recruitment panel. Some may take 4 turns while others, 3 and so on. Is this really a good idea?
    Last edited by Tabuu; 06-17-2010 at 17:27.
    "Please continue with your threats; I would hate to submit to implication alone." -Cicero.

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Are manually recruited generals a good idea?

that was actually a good idea to have some generals act as governor and help spreading religions in BI (very useful if you are franks and want to got those Paladin Catholics), but no good if you are want to stay pagan...

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC

manually recruited generals in BI was a great idea. i think game was coded to only give 60% or so of towns and cities with a governor so there was way too much grief in the other 40%. i would recruit some to govern the settlements that were giving me unrest and rebellion grief and recruit some to go on the battle trail and clobber the enemy.

I think it is a good idea. I make some new units and call them "normal general" . But those "normal general's bodyguards" are weaker then the Family members. This is how I can spread my army easier.