Thread: The Other Game - Takeda III

Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar

Thumbs up The Other Game - Takeda III

Because Shogun 2 and Takeda III are beginning to look so much alike (which is inevitable), I thought you should all at least know about Takeda III’s existence, if you didn’t so far.

Do I think it is a better game than Shogun 2? No, but not for lack of content or the dedication of one Ming-Sheng Lee, who has been working on this game’s development for many years.

Have a look around, it’s like an introduction to era, with lots to learn.

http://ezgame.com/Takeda3/

Salute Ming Lee!
    Last edited by Tomisama; 06-20-2010 at 02:30.
    HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

Default Re: The Other Game - Takeda III

I came across this game the other day. I thought it looked interesting. However playing TW games for so many years, I don't think I would like the lack of control over armies during the real time battles.
    Silence is beautiful

I tried the demo and it was very interesting, unfortunately though there's some deal with new ATI cards and this game's engine that makes the game screen only 1/4 of the size it should be, which means the text is tiny and the game almost unplayable, and certainly not playable for any, even slightly, extended period. :-(
    "Cutting down the enemy is the Way of strategy and there is no need for many refinements of it." - Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings, The Wind Book

Age of Discovery: Total War - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=381499
    ZenMod for Shogun2 - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=445862

Senior Member Senior Member ReluctantSamurai's Avatar

Default The Other Game - Takeda III

Initially, some of the game mechanics seem cool. You can't recruit cavalry (Takeda's forte) at the same rate as ashigaru. Makes perfect sense when you consider training times.

Leaders have strengths/weakness's for different types of troops. Another of those "real-life" simulations that make sense. Some generals were much better with infantry than more mobile, fast-moving, troops like cavalry or tanks in modern warfare.

The castles look cool, and appear to be a S.O.B. to assault with all those multiple levels.......

Also, having female leaders (or are they just for marrying purposes?) and hotties at that, ought to make the men players take notice
    Last edited by ReluctantSamurai; 06-22-2010 at 22:52.
    High Plains Drifter

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

I played the first one. **** hard. I've done the Battle of Nagashino on EASY, I only won it once out of like 25 tries. Those muskets ripped you apart no matter what you tried.

Takeda is still one of my favourite games. Never finished it. I couldn't.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?