Thread: Armor-Weapon Upgrades

I have to express my amazement with how much the armor and weapon upgrades help in melee. I had 4 units a YS and 2 of WM all 3 honor and with legendary weapons and armor. and I killed 4 units of heavy cav and 2 no dachi, noth honor 4. Will there be anything new in the expansion like, say extra weapon upgrades or things close ot that?
    What is it that makes a complete stranger dive into an icy river to save a solid gold baby? Maybe we'll never know.

War Story Recorder Senior Member Maltz's Avatar

NARF in case you don't know, you can press F1 on the battlefield, which gives you a list of numbers of attack/defense bonus. The battle log files also contains such information.

I need to know these things before you post them, i dont wanna look like a total idiot. Wait too late for that, I guess you guys have read my other posts havent ya
    What is it that makes a complete stranger dive into an icy river to save a solid gold baby? Maybe we'll never know.

Hiya, NARF!
    Anyway, if you play SP you MUST get those bonuses! That helps to defeat the Hordes! Smaller army, but they got good equipment! Anyway, the only new upgrade we've heard about is the Drill Dojo to increase your troops' discipline. We're guessing that it's how well the usints keep in formation, fire at the same time, that kind of thing. Also, in the XP you can take an older unit, and give it new armore/weapon upgrades! Upgrading obsolete units will be a marvelous thing! We babbble about this more in one of the other posts. Check the Mongol forum for more info.

-- B)

I have heard of the Battle Log Files mentioned in several posts...what is it and where do I find it? It would be helpful to know the status of individual units as an after action review in some instances. It would help with understanding the game.
    Thanks for your help.
    seize the day

War Story Recorder Senior Member Maltz's Avatar

The battle log fiels are automatically stored after you personally command a battle. They are in the directory of your shogun -> logfiles directory (or similar name, you won't miss it).

You can open it using notepad - very easy to read. However, the columns are not aligned very well - you will get used to it soon

Quote Originally posted by Maltz:
    [B]..You can open it using notepad - very easy to read. However, the columns are not aligned very well...B][/QUOTE]

You can use the quickview untily in win98(dunno if its in 95) by right clicking on file then -> view
    This should align the colums
    You can also download a logfile reader, i have 2 different ones, both can be downloaded at numerous STW sites and are small downloads

Thanks a lot Bonzai, I am really looking forward to the expansion.

Actually, I'm BanzaiZAP.

BonsaiSap is my cousin who's really into gardening.

(joke!)

-- B)