Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TWCenter site down - team post here

Default Re: TWCenter site down - team post here

Your save should be in play_roma/saves.
    Upload it to something like megaupload, and paste the link here.
    Also please, specify the engine you are using.

I sent you the update Paedric, hope it got through

Yes, got it, thanks.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=42ZBING4 -----> Where i am up to now, later in the rebellion

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2MYRTCQP -----> this one is when i reached 85 settlements
    ROMA SURRECTUM II BETA_TESTER

Quote Originally Posted by Beast Within View Post
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=42ZBING4 -----> Where i am up to now, later in the rebellion

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2MYRTCQP -----> this one is when i reached 85 settlements
    Those are both BI, right? Meaning, they should work with RTW Gold, without Alexander?

Thanks for posting that.

~ Dani ~

Yep sorry forgot to mention. Both BI So ye should have no problem in using them with the alexander mod. have fun with it, hope you like what i have done with the place :L

Hi all, glad to find you guys here. I'll be posting my roman campaign using Supernewb's saved game as a starting point later this week. This is for the big rebellion phase. I read your notes on what you're looking for Tone so I'll try to report those things.

BW: Downloaded it and tested it in game. This is a saved game with 85 territories for Rome. It is a BI game and it is "small" unit size, correct? (53 soldiers to a legion). What are the difficulty settings (for testing)? I assume H/H?

Aurelius: Is yours for BI, too?

~ Dani ~

Sorry for the double post. I've spent all evening playing Beast's save game. I've played through three of these events. Unfortunately, this saved game uses small units and I play with large units (@ 102 men to a cohort). This creates a bit of an anamoly when trying to test the rebellion. So, first question: can someone post (or e-mail to me a gothgirldanielle@gmail.com) a saved game meeting the following requirements: RTW BI (not Alex, I don't have Alex), at 80+ regions but (obviously) before rebellion, and using large units (not huge or small). I'd appreciate it. Meanwhile, I'll go back to my game.

Do we know that the TWCenter forums will be up tomorrow? If so, I will post a detailed report then, as this thread does not appear to be secure and I'll want to go into some detail. If it's not up tomorrow, I can e-mail Tone my report and to whoever else wants to read it.

And, Tone, when RSII is released, I'd consider moving. Because if I was as far into the game as 85 regions and suddenly THIS happened, I'd buy the plane ticket to come kick your butt. Even if you lived in Siberia.

~ Dani ~

P.S. I agree that some kind of notification might be in order, so the player doesn't think their game just broke. Perhaps something starting with the words, "Do not go into anaphylactic shock . . ."

Quote Originally Posted by GothGirlDanielle View Post
    BW: Downloaded it and tested it in game. This is a saved game with 85 territories for Rome. It is a BI game and it is "small" unit size, correct? (53 soldiers to a legion). What are the difficulty settings (for testing)? I assume H/H?

Aurelius: Is yours for BI, too?
    The one I tested (saved game) was from Supernewbie and it was H/H, with the large unit size setting (103 per cohort, etc.). He used the Alex.exe so I had too as well. I'm currently near the rebellion (about 83 regions held). I need to clean up the empire a bit to my house rules and then rush to the big rebellion. Postings will come later...

I've just updated the EDB in the play_Rome campaign (Dani note that we're using this campaign now not the test one)
    I've changed this line, which I'm pretty sure is the Roman rebel core income line, from 500 to 1000 - it was 5000 when the Roman rebel income was going off the charts:

taxable_income_bonus bonus 1000 requires factions { thrace, } and hidden_resource nothing

Please let me know what the finance graphs look like now, especially for the Roman rebels, both before and after the rebellion....and make sure you activate the script.

And, Tone, when RSII is released, I'd consider moving. Because if I was as far into the game as 85 regions and suddenly THIS happened, I'd buy the plane ticket to come kick your butt. Even if you lived in Siberia.
    LOL
    Last edited by tonyw; 07-07-2010 at 08:20.
    Modeller and skinner for Roma Surrectum

Please note though that Super newbie Pro's save is in the test campaign, have you updated this one too?

EDIT: Yeah! I can edit ^^
    Last edited by Irishguy; 07-07-2010 at 08:49. Reason: sp

Quote Originally Posted by Galvanized Iron View Post
    I thought the Romfaioforoi was supposed to have a spearlike primary attack and another secondary attack, but the one in the files only got a primary attack
    you must update 'cause they work just fine! you had a great ideea by the way! :)
    alea iacta est

updating now... then I'll test another rebellion :)

Hi, I finally found my way back to the rest of you guys. I assume the current assignement is still testing the big rebellion? I'll download Beast's save game asap and start testing testing that one.

Seems that not too much testers have found their way to here

[QUOTE=tonyw;2518930@pkka - Carthage looks pretty well balanced?[/QUOTE]

I think so.
    the player is worth a lot of effort that would win.
    to fight successfully, you need to fight for one or two of the front, otherwise all end badly.
    It was hard to capture Gallaeci

@ dani

Ye sorry im on my laptop you see, and it is a bit cruddy graphic wise im afraid, both are on small unit size, Hard/Hard and are on BI.

Dont know whether it will be useful but for the sake of testing i dont see a problem with the unit size, it wouldnt effect it in anyway would it?

I am going to bring the rebellion all the way to the end by tomorrow probably, then i will start it all over again at 85 settlements and see what the outcome is.

@tone

"Firstly:

Who am i? Ceasar in this or the senate, i assume i was the senate but then i found a general on my side going by ceasar so that kind of confused me.

Secondly:

I think messages would be helpful:

Before hand warning the player of ceasars uprising

When it happens

and then if you win

Thirdly:

Think the player should have to take rome back with in a given time or loose their named legions. Without rome and most of central italy they would slowly loose their culture and i think this should be shown in a slow break down of both roman society and armies. They keep the first legions but loose the named legions. Just so it spurs the player on to take back rome as fast as they can.

Fourthly:

I think the rebels put up a good fight i lost 2 men for every one of theres so far. And the only reason why i have started to do reasonably well is becaus ei managed to take italy quickly. So their troops are definitely good in my opinion, however i havent noticed them creating any yet.

Also you forget that you are at war with other factions i have lost many regions to Galleci Egypt Boii and Cimbri. The civil war has already done its damage in different ways, and to rebulild my army to its current strength i predict it will take at least 15 years.

Overall i think it has gone reasonably well and it kept me on the edge of my seat worrying for a couple of turns on how i would get out of it, it could be made a little more difficult, but i dont think it would be wise too make it too difficult, as i think many players will find that the war will do enough damge as it will weaken their borders allowing other factions to take advantage like in my case."

It was a earlier post, not sure whether you read it but basically thats the main areas i think which need looking at.

I'm not sure how we go about creating warnings to be honest, other than something in the readme on download, and making it very clear in the public forums.

Thirdly:

Think the player should have to take rome back with in a given time or loose their named legions. Without rome and most of central italy they would slowly loose their culture and i think this should be shown in a slow break down of both roman society and armies. They keep the first legions but loose the named legions. Just so it spurs the player on to take back rome as fast as they can.
    At the moment, the player gets some financial support if they lose some of their key financial cities, which amounts to a fair bit. We could always reduce this so that the player will go further into debt the longer they take to sort things out.

Couldn't you have an event when reaching 84 settlements that where like that event in the old MTW: "Your spies report that several of your generals are disloyal" and then a picture of spy whispering in your ear?

When i was playing i was loosing 140k a turn until i took back most of Italy, so financially i would say that the rebellion is fine.

But my main point was that somehow we need to spur on the player to take rome back, either giving them some sort of benefit, or some sort of punishment if not. The civil war didnt last years and years. Julia ceasar quickly united rome, through defeating his enemies or bribery. But in this case im sure many players may decide to defend rather then attack the situation. So if they were to loose the named legions as a result of loosing rome after a certain time, and many of the colonies loosing happiness over time. This could spur on the player to take rome, and to end the rebellion quickly.

Who knows what would of happened, there was never this situation, but both the rebel romans and the senate romans may stay strong, the player could choose to avoid the rebels and just defend, so i think there definitely needs to be something to push them into direct fighting.

If it could be scripted of course.

Also are the rebels scripted to mainly attack rome? if that can be scripted.

Sorry for double posting :)

@Galvanised iron

I think there definitely needs to be some message system, or event to pop up and at least tell you of Ceasar's uprising before hand, i think it definitely needs to be looked into closely, if it is not possible its not possible, however it would be something which could compliment the gameplay at the time. Just a thought

@Paedric - I'm not sure what you've done to the launcher but it's just stopped working properly and is clearly trying to load into the wrong .exe (giving a mount database error) or something on the default campaign....did you remove the -mod: bit from the command line? Roman campaign is loading fine.

Excuse the double post. Just increased Roman rebel core income to2500 which looks about right in an AI campaign as Rome
    Last edited by tonyw; 07-07-2010 at 15:32.

I've not touch it for something like a week, and I've never change the things you are referring to.
    I've just tried it with all exe, and everything is alright. Also no one has complained.

Which exe were you using? Have you tried to delete/update both files?

The only way I can think of to trigger an event that would 'announce' the rebellion would be to have the script, at whatever point it triggers the rebellion itself, trigger an 'advice' thread that would pop up and tell you what's going on.
    I think that's the way EB did it with some of their events. But you can't trigger events based on how many regions you own. The normal RTW event is triggered by number of turns...which would be useless for the rebellion.
    "...then came the ensigns encompassing the Eagle, which is at the head of every Roman Legion; the King, and the strongest of all birds, which seems to them a signal of dominion, and an omen that they shall conquer all against whom they march....." Flavius Josephus

To Paedric, new update and bug fix posted

The only way I can think of to trigger an event that would 'announce' the rebellion would be to have the script, at whatever point it triggers the rebellion itself, trigger an 'advice' thread that would pop up and tell you what's going on.
    I think that's the way EB did it with some of their events. But you can't trigger events based on how many regions you own. The normal RTW event is triggered by number of turns...which would be useless for the rebellion.
    Still, it might be good to announce the rebellion when it appears, so the player is not at loss, and understand who he is. I'm pretty sure it is possible to use the script to trigger a message when the rebellion occurs.

I'll take a look as well....I think you can trigger an event, but as far as I'm aware it has to be the next event in the list...I'll look.

In the meantime, I've updated the Roman script with named characters for the levy armies for all factions (with some basic traits - some command stars, culture traits, and non-adoptible) - also done the same for the Roman rebel armies. Please let me know if you get any unexplained CTDs at the start of the Roman rebellion....also could one or two people run it a few times and post screenshots of the different patterns of regions (will be different each time) together with the rebel legions that get created please?

About to roll out the script changes for all campaigns.

3000 core income looks right for the Roman rebels.
    Last edited by tonyw; 07-07-2010 at 16:30.

@tone
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    I've just tried it with all exe, and everything is alright. Also no one has complained.

Which exe were you using? Have you tried to delete/update both files?

Tried deleting then reupdating - all seems to be fine again now. Thanks......the only thing that's strange though is that I don't see s aselection box for multiplayer on the launcher, which I'm sure I've seen in a screenshot somewhere.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast