Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TWCenter site down - team post here

Default TWCenter site down - team post here

I don't know whether any of the team or beta testers are reading this, but since the TWC has been down so long it might be worthwhile posting here in the meantime so that we've at least got some contact.

I've continued to make updates to the Beta - mainly environment stuff, but just working on a script update to improve the spawned armies / legions with proper characters as generals.
    Modeller and skinner for Roma Surrectum

Default Re: TWCenter site down - team post here

Ok, here I am.
    I saw that rory seemed to have found a (serious?) bug on the roman campaign, he posted it on the facebook page, without details.
    If apple, or whoever has a facebook account could post a mesage there, that could speed up things a bit.

I've always been through the whole export_vnvs and fixed what I found.

Just had a look at his post and it's nothing too serious, but DVK should be able to sort it out alright.

I have got up to the roman rebellion and now are quite some way through the war. Would you like me to post the info on here. Just wondering as to whether we are allowed, and whether this is private, or your not fussed if not testers see this information?
    ROMA SURRECTUM II BETA_TESTER

I assume tonyw = tone? ok well the rebellion I'm posting here then!
    Way to easy! is my comment... maybe it's because I was more prepared or that I had way better troops this time but honestly, have you changed anything to the script? pic's:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I overpowerd the rebels in 5 years..
    Some Improvement IMHO:
    Maybe you can make the rebels have the same diplomacy as the romans? I don't think the Parthians cared if it was crassus or pompeius they defeated at Carrhae..
    Can you let the armies rebel with the cities? because I had Gaul back in no time because of all the garrisons there..

some other stuff:

Yeah, it's me - Tone

Thanks, that's really helpful, and fine to post here while we're down over at TWC. Some questions:

1) OK for starters could you tell me which of those two blue lines is the Roman rebels? Either way, they're running out of money too easily.
    2) Have the rebel Romans spawned any legions beyond the initial ones created at the start of the rebellion
    3) The rebellion is randomised so that occasionally the player will keep hold of Rome - do we need to remove this possibility or add some more rebel legions to up the difficulty if this is the case? If you reply the start of the rebellion a few times you'll se a different scenario each time.

There's no way of killing off the player's units that I know of.

1) the one going down very very very steeply :) and yes you should give them a shit loads of money, they're really bad managers...
    2)yes a few... I'd say you could add some armour and weapons to them (silver)
    3) I'd say always loose italy and Africa, they're such money makers... I was able to get my finance up in 3 turns!

another I thought of is to give them bigger starting garrisons, because as I said, gaul was conquered quite easily because of 2 things;
    1. I had very experienced troops walking around,
    2. their garrisons could easily be only 2 units of auxilia

You guys beat me do it, I was going to write a text doc. and send it SVN, but I see Tone already did. Anybody know what's happened to TWC?

Anyway, I'm sorry I am 'facebook challenged', I do not know where to go to find that post. Could someone post a link or just copy\paste the text so I can find out what's going on.
    "...then came the ensigns encompassing the Eagle, which is at the head of every Roman Legion; the King, and the strongest of all birds, which seems to them a signal of dominion, and an omen that they shall conquer all against whom they march....." Flavius Josephus

I'm here now. :)
    Dvk it's in the first post on the wall: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Roma-S...m/211863013848

I post a notice there that we are now using the org forum untill twc is back.

Rory:
    I've found in the Play_Test campaign (so the updated Roman one), that in Thebes (the one in greece), it has the iron resource so you can't build a weapon import - so you should be able to build the third oppidum, but you can't, despite Iron being one of the four "Weapon Metals" that SHOULD enable advanced barracks construction - i added tin to the ...
    Rs II answer:
    Rorry Play test isn't the most to update Roman mod folder anymore. Play Rome is.
    BTW: I found this in multiple settlement that metal import is unavailable, but normal mines are in some cases, and you can still build Curia Hostilia al right... maybe put it in description that you can also use normal mines? it's not in there and I think it's rather confusing...

Both of the name issues you included in the screens are correct. J and 'i' were interchangeable in Latin, but in both cases I used the names that were historically used.

Thanks Apple, I'll have a look at what Rory posted, but he was playing in the wrong folder it appears.
    Last edited by DVK901; 07-06-2010 at 16:36.
    "...then came the ensigns encompassing the Eagle, which is at the head of every Roman Legion; the King, and the strongest of all birds, which seems to them a signal of dominion, and an omen that they shall conquer all against whom they march....." Flavius Josephus

appel beat me to it
    sorry for not editing I can't -.-'

and C.F.? is that normal? or is it Caius Flaminius?

Yeah I have the username "RS II" in our RS II facebook page.

Anybody know what's happened to TWC?
    I know they were running without back-up shortly before the crash because one of the disc died. If they still were without on-server back-up, and Simetrical, who has also back-ups on his computer, was/is away; it can be quite a long time before everything come back up.
    If anyone has more infos, it'd be nice.

oh how I hate when this happens! anyway I wanted to say that campaign is good except for the fact that daoi can still be recruited as mercenaries and look like peasants in unit card... oh and why are all battles in costom battle set at sunset!? hope you didn't get influenced by Aristeia... because that was one thing I didn't like about the mod...
    alea iacta est

Hey Visarion! I hope it doesn't last until I go on holiday -.-' that would be a real bummer

Have no fear, Naked Fanatic is here! My campaign is going really well. I will write my report as soon as TWC will be up again. :)

@ Whatever the time of the day you chose, it is always sunset? I assume it is using "Battles only"?
    Otherwise, it seems the change in mercenary is only done when you restart a campaign.

hey Irishguy! looks like nothing can stop the love for this mod! :P

I will post an update of my campaign soon! (25 turns) :)

Nice to see you here guys! Greetings from... :D
    alea iacta est

yes battles only! and I haven't restarted my campaign... is that why the error persists Paedric?

maybe I should restart my campaign if the error has been solved...

good to see the family is back in game!!!
    Last edited by Visarion; 07-06-2010 at 17:25.
    alea iacta est

You can change your default time for battles in the custom battles "Advanced conditions" - and make it winter or summer, etc.

I wanted to say that campaign is good except for the fact that daoi can still be recruited as mercenaries
    I'm sure that'll be fine if you restart.

With regard to the rebellion I'll do some work on that and upload....in the meantime I've nearly finished the spawnd army changes - more variety, proper named characters as generals (with the non adoptible trait that DVK brought in)....here's one......I tried to make some of the Roman generals real historical characters that commanded those legions at some point but am limited by our Roman names.....can we add more relatively easily?

I've also pretty much finished the battlemap changes I wanted to make and am happy with the results.
    Last edited by tonyw; 07-06-2010 at 19:04.

Ok, I dont know, if it is good idea to post my empire here, but Ill try it.

Play Rome, H/H, Alex

I had a really big troble with Averni. They tried to invade north Italy and I had little money. It looked really bad for me, but I quicky discovered that I dont need much to defeat them. All I needed was 2 - 3 full-stack armies with good generals.

As I was just defending and not building new buildings and not recruiting new soldiers my economy started to recover.

I gained money really slowly, but then I discovered that I have multiple governerors in my settlements and not every of them is good. So, I replaced almost every governeror with better one and the result amazed me! My profit rose from 20k to 90k!

I recruited few legions and I cleared north Italy. Then I quicky captured Averni capital (I did the same thing with Carthage. After I took Carthago they became really weak) and half of their cities.

But then something happened... To be honest, I thought they will push me back to Italy. I had only to cities capable of recruiting legions. But I defeated stack after stack and I defended my cities. By that time I had superb economy! I was contructing the most expensive buildings + I was recruiting one legion (10 cohorts, 4 archers, 4 calvary) per turn. Even with these expenses I was gaining money.

After the battles Averni had only two towns, so I took them and I destroyed them :) Carthage was also very weak, so I destroyed them too :)

isn't it a wonderful feeling when a nation is destroyed? I was kind of saying to myself "HAHA SUCKERS!!! DO NOT CHALLENGE ME!!" I had an ego you could actually see for days :P
    but enough gibberish, tonyw/tone will your changes affect super newbie pro's save? Or will someone have play all the way again? if the changes do take affect could you tell me when you've updated? i'll start a new go then :)

Wink Re: TWCenter site down - team post here

that's when I destroyed carthage BTW :)

TWCenter will most likely be down for some time.

but enough gibberish, tonyw/tone will your changes affect super newbie pro's save? Or will someone have play all the way again? if the changes do take affect could you tell me when you've updated? i'll start a new go then :)
    I'm almost sure it won't affect the save game. If it is only the script, it won't, if tone change something else, maybe, but probably not.

yes battles only! and I haven't restarted my campaign... is that why the error persists Paedric?
    Even if you change the time of the battle in the settings?

Crap....our 'home' is dead. Anyway, Tone......no, it isn't difficult to add names for the Romans, since their name files are a bit different from all the others, and as long as names are 'added', and nothing is changed, it won't hurt any campaigns.

If you can, tell me what names you would like in the game, and I'll add them. If you want names added in the other campaigns, that's no issue either...except, I would only be able to add them in the installer unless I upload the new Sarmatian\Scythian names and wreck all the other campaigns. Maybe it's time to do that...it's just that I fear that without being able to communicate with all Beta Testers it would leave some people broken without knowing why.

@Naked Fanatic - You're not running the script on reload...that's the advisor is sitting there and why you're able to accumulate more wealth and why the other factions seems weaker. You need to click the advisor when you reload the campaign. Sorry, it's not as easy as that!

@Irishguy - yes it'll be savegame compatible and I'll let you know when it's ready.

@DVK - where do we find the place to improve the Roman rebel core income? I'm thinking about adding names to the non-Roman campaigns.....can we just add them at the bottom of the list without causing CTDs?
    Last edited by tonyw; 07-06-2010 at 19:47.

Well since TWC is screwed over I guess I have to post here for this. I hope I don't screw over any secrets now.

@Paedric: in MP version the Daoi still uses Rhompharoi skins instead of their own, it needs urgent fixing. Then it would be nice if you also added the Rhompharoi below the Daoi in the MP EDU. I setup the stats for each once that down. Hm yeah I also need a list of all factions that I am able to attach the Rhompharoi to.

And, Hi!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast