Thread: Brigands

Default Brigands

Could someone show me how to turn off brigand/rebel spawn in EB? In my current Selucid game I have the biggest empire Ive ever managed and now have over 100 provinces, constantly having to deal with little stacks all over my empire is getting realy annoying and I would be very gratefull if someone could help me. Thanks in advance.

..........................[

Default Re: Brigands

I don't think you can turn it off completely. Hopefully someone else can tell if its possible to modify the spawn rate. I just wait for a small, inconsequential group to spawn in the province off the main road and make sure not to kill it. Once a single group has spawned, no others will. The 20 mnai a turn or whatever in desolation is totally worth it to not deal with rebels in that province ever again.

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

Fred's correct, AFAIK: no getting away from them completely, I'm afraid. However, here's how you make them appear less often:

Go to ...Rome - Total War\EB\Data\World\Maps\campaign\imperial_campaign. There you will find a file called descr_strat. Copy it somewhere else as a backup and then open it. Scroll down a few lines and you'll see this:

brigand_spawn_value 50
    pirate_spawn_value 95
    Increasing the values will do the job, though 200 might be the highest meaningful number from what I've heard.

Exellent thanks.

..........................[