Thread: eb online :<

Default eb online :<

hi me and my friend are having troubles playing eb online. despite following all the instructions outlined by http://ebonline.tk/ we can neither see or connect to our hosted games D:

any suggestions?

Default Re: eb online :<

Quote Originally Posted by anangryelitist View Post
    hi me and my friend are having troubles playing eb online. despite following all the instructions outlined by http://ebonline.tk/ we can neither see or connect to our hosted games D:

any suggestions?
    Hi anangryelitist (what a lovely name you have). Can you please, please please!!! be more specific? Help US help YOU! And to be specific myself, when I say be specific I mean tell me what you did exactly and what you are doing to connect to each other and what you see on your screen? what your friend sees? Alright? That is my suggestion. Be specific! That should be a forum rule, or something.

Vartan
    (anangryspecificist?)
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

If they can't even see their games on lan it is because they have a problem with hamachi. I've never had to do it myself, but maybe trying the connect/disconnect trick would work...

However, in order to host a game and be able to play together, the one who hosts needs to setup a static ip, and forward the respective ports through the router (if they have one). Go to portforward.com for all the info on doing this. Otherwise they can disregard if connected directly to modem.

Also, if you are using Windows 7/Vista, check out the troubleshooting for hamachi... I'm sure you have some kind of blinking color dot next to your friends sn on hamachi if you can't even see his games... depending on what color you get... look up its solution.
    Last edited by SlickNicaG69; 07-10-2010 at 16:35.
    Veni, Vidi, Vici.

-Gaius Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by SlickNicaG69 View Post
    If they can't even see their games on lan it is because they have a problem with hamachi. I've never had to do it myself, but maybe trying the connect/disconnect trick would work...

However, in order to host a game and be able to play together, the one who hosts needs to setup a static ip, and forward the respective ports through the router (if they have one). Go to portforward.com for all the info on doing this. Otherwise they can disregard if connected directly to modem.

Also, if you are using Windows 7/Vista, check out the troubleshooting for hamachi... I'm sure you have some kind of blinking color dot next to your friends sn on hamachi if you can't even see his games... depending on what color you get... look up its solution.
    Do not go to portforward.com, do not create a static IP, and do not disconnect your main connection. We are finally in the 21st century and you don't need to do these tricks anymore. Make sure you have Hamachi 2.0.2.85 or higher. And that your friend does too. Make sure your network adapters and bindings priorities are correct, as per my video. Sometimes a good ol' restart does the trick, too. And if you guys are in the same physical network, don't use Hamachi. It's for Internet long-distance VLAN networking.
    Former Projects:

You will eventually go to portforward.com regardless, if you wish to play another game...
    Veni, Vidi, Vici.

-Gaius Julius Caesar

well we have played many other games on hamachi with no problem so it might be something else? Also priorities are all correct etc

Quote Originally Posted by anangryelitist View Post
    well we have played many other games on hamachi with no problem so it might be something else? Also priorities are all correct etc
    Probably is something else. Can you describe your network setup? How do you get online? What stands between you and the Internet?
    Former Projects:

Hi, I'm anangryelitist's friend. To narrow it down a little I'll post what we've tried. We've both got a fully patched version of Hamachi, EB and Rome, we've pretty much followed all of the 'Getting Started' tips on the website (including the Hamachi priority to the bottom trick). I'm using ethernet-to-router and my friend uses ethernet-to-modem. As he said we've played countless other games on Hamachi with few issues, we've tried creating our own networks and also using the official EB ones. We can't even see eachother in the LAN lobby so I'm not sure what we're doing wrong. That's about it really.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensator View Post
    Hi, I'm anangryelitist's friend. To narrow it down a little I'll post what we've tried. We've both got a fully patched version of Hamachi, EB and Rome, we've pretty much followed all of the 'Getting Started' tips on the website (including the Hamachi priority to the bottom trick). I'm using ethernet-to-router and my friend uses ethernet-to-modem. As he said we've played countless other games on Hamachi with few issues, we've tried creating our own networks and also using the official EB ones. We can't even see eachother in the LAN lobby so I'm not sure what we're doing wrong. That's about it really.
    Sounds RTW-specific then. You don't need to forward ports because you aren't playing on Gamespy, you're playing on Hamachi. If other games work on Hamachi right now, then it's RTW-specific and you might need a reinstall. If that don't work, then it might just...not work?
    Former Projects: