Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some women deserve to be beaten.

Default Some women deserve to be beaten.

So, I was talking to the doorman(is that the correct term? it's the guy who stands at the entrance and tells the drunks to piss off...) of the local pub today, you know, small talk about what happened this weekend. He had an interesting story, apparently some woman was punched by her husband at the pub this saturday, not just once, but repeatedly until the the guards intervened. You know, standard wife-beating. The guards got him under control and kept him until the cops came and arrested him. The police took statements from the witnesses and all the usual stuff, and the woman was comforted by a female friend. They were talking, and these words were overheard:

But he's usually such a good man!!

I'm starting to believe that some women deserve every punch they get. When your husband has beaten you 150 times, he is going to do it 151 times too. Such men are scum, best left to rot alone. The women who are incapable of understanding that is beyond my pity.

And no Husar and Vladimir; I have no sources for this story either, this is all real-life experience. If you can't handle that then please go away, since I still want to hear the comments from the rest of the community.
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Some women deserve to be beaten.

Women in this situation generally have mental illness of some description. Even I'd be more open minded on this.

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

The Rhetorician Member Skullheadhq's Avatar

Some women deserve to be beaten, just as some men deserve to be beaten, or are we going to discriminate now?
    "When the candles are out all women are fair."
    -Plutarch, Coniugia Praecepta 46

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

I blame Hollywood.

Yes, it is surely all their fault for a hundred years of brainwashing women into the ideals of the perfect romance and the perfect man. The ideal man who is intelligent, witty, handsome, deep, mysterious and charming. Hollywood has made women naive to the realities of romance and men. It has programmed them in ways that run against their native intuition. A woman in such a situation has held her man to these false ideals, and not simply compared him to these ideals, but rather, has replaced her image of him with this idealism. She no longer sees a man, she sees a prince, a demi-god, a man of no flaws. She has had her perceptions muddled with until she no longer has any awareness of what in her man is real and what is fantasy.

She begins to blame herself, for surely her "Hollywood Prince" can do no wrong. She questions herself, she asks the internal questions: "He's not normally like that! What did I do wrong? What did I do to make him so angry?" She sees herself as the perpetrator, and she falls victim to her own misjudged intellections. She takes that great womanly power to emotionalise a situation, and comes to the unenviable situation of searching for a cause for the effect from a biased stand-point. Her judgement is clouded by affection, and perceptions of the perfect man. So what does she do, she finds that the blame must fall on her own shoulders. Oh, the tragedy!

Last edited by naut; 07-14-2010 at 05:05.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Skullheadhq View Post
    Some women deserve to be beaten, just as some men deserve to be beaten, or are we going to discriminate now?
    I wasn't entirely serious when I said that; I don't believe that anyone deserve to be or should be beaten...
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

women did have tendency to still save some room for love, even for a husband that often mistreat her, looking for your story, it was most likely she was unemployed woman who depends on her husband to provide sole monetary support, and most likely, her husband isolate her from most social contact, so that could be this way, "she perceived that her husband is her only 'friend' because she only have significant social contact with him"

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

When I saw the thread topic, I thought it was about Mel Gibson.

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

A lot of it goes back to childhood experience. If a boy sees his dad beat his mom, it seems like the normal thing to do. If a girl sees her dad beat her mom, it seems like the normal thing to have happen. If the girl is beat or otherwise abused by a male family member, this becomes normal at a subconscious level to them in adult life. They may seek out these types of relationships, as a kind, loving relationship seems weird.

And the circle of life continues...
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    I blame Hollywood.
    Those kind of stories predate hollywood by quite a lot though. I think it's just a natural human tendency to stick with the one you love too long.

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Coming back with a bang I see.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

I've got to disagree with the comment that no one deserves to be hit, some people do.

I am all for equality and if a woman starts beating on a man they he has the right to hit her back, would I do it? Doubt it, but you never know.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Violence is the failure of communication.

If you are unable to communication, then it is better just to leave eachother alone. If it is a situation where you can't really do that, then you get a independent third party to deal with it.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Violence is the failure of communication.
    I agree. If I communicate to you that I want your wallet and you strongly disagree, the resulting breakdown in communication results in me punching you in the face.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    I agree. If I communicate to you that I want your wallet and you strongly disagree, the resulting breakdown in communication results in me punching you in the face.
    Correct. You just proved my point.
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Correct. You just proved my point.
    A physically and financially painful way to do so.
    This space intentionally left blank

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoshi View Post
    A physically and financially painful way to do so.
    He would probably need ladders to hit my face first, so I am not too worried.

But it is exactly right, violence is the breakdown of communication.

...violence is the breakdown of communication.
    Violence can be a form of communication - although an undesireable form of such. And while you might be able to say in most cases it is a result of a communications breakdown, you may not have caused the breakdown, but could be the target of the violence.
    This space intentionally left blank

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

The abuse can be mental as well as physical. The husband could hit her where she won't bruise too much and he'll tell her people won't believe her. Or he could cut her off from contact with other people so she has nobody to turn to. Or break her down mentally until she thinks she's worthless and won't be able to cope without him. Or if they have kids she might try to stick with him in the hopes of saving her family.

I think these are more likely causes of why women put up with wife-beating, as opposed to clinging onto her concept of the dream man.
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Best laugh I ever got: Driving past a giant evergreen in the town square covered with little white bells. "That's for wife abuse awareness," my mother-in-law told me from the backseat. "Each bell represents a woman who was beaten in this county."

"Wow," I said, "that's a lot of women who won't freakin' listen."

Thank you, thank you, I'm here all week. Try the veal! Tip your waitress, don't tip her over!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    Best laugh I ever got: Driving past a giant evergreen in the town square covered with little white bells. "That's for wife abuse awareness," my mother-in-law told me from the backseat. "Each bell represents a woman who was beaten in this county."

"Wow," I said, "that's a lot of women who won't freakin' listen."

Thank you, thank you, I'm here all week. Try the veal! Tip your waitress, don't tip her over!
    Looks like you are not her favourite son-in-law.

Looks like you are not her favourite son-in-law.
    Well, I dunno if it was timing or intonation, but she actually laughed, as did everyone else in the car. Like I said, it was one of the best laughs I ever got.

TexMec Senior Member Louis VI the Fat's Avatar

Never hit 'em where other people can see the bruises
    Anything unrelated to elephants is irrelephant
    Texan by birth, woodpecker by the grace of God
    I would be the voice of your conscience if you had one - Brenus
    Bt why woulf we uy lsn'y Staraft - Fragony
    Not everything
    blue and underlined is a link

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    When I saw the thread topic, I thought it was about Sean Connery.

Quote Originally Posted by TinCow View Post
    I am so increadibly glad that someone took the time to take Mel's latest rants and pair them up with adorable kittens (language warning).

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    I am so increadibly glad that someone took the time to take Mel's latest rants and pair them up with adorable kittens (language warning).
    Any man I ever known who hit a woman was nothing but a bully and not really a man at all
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Any man I ever known who hit a woman was nothing but a bully and not really a man at all
    Tell that to James Bond.

Jillian & Allison's Daddy Senior Member Don Corleone's Avatar

Not really sure where this fits, but I'm raising Jillian and Allison to go for the 'nads if they get hit. Any 'dude' that would hit a lady ain't got anything to worry about getting hit anyways.
    "A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."
    Don Vito Corleone: The Godfather, Part 1.

"Then wait for them and swear to God in heaven that if they spew that bull to you or your family again you will cave there heads in with a sledgehammer"
    Strike for the South

**** it! Lemur's Connery video didn't show for me until after I posted.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Not really sure where this fits, but I'm raising Jillian and Allison to go for the 'nads if they get hit. Any 'dude' that would hit a lady ain't got anything to worry about getting hit anyways.
    Heel-strike to the instep is even better. Make the ****** limp. This then sets up the shot at the unmentionables.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast