Thread: Is it normal that EB always crashes/quits at the end of loading a campaign battle?

Default Is it normal that EB always crashes/quits at the end of loading a campaign battle?

In Gaul, I am besieging a city with my Sweboz army and decide to play it myself. Every time the loading bar nears the end; the game crashes/quits. Is it normal a very polished like EB has the same problem many mods have where battles always crash during, before or after at the loading screens not counting during the battle itself? Some say it's a RAM problem but it's not.

Default Re: Is it normal that EB always crashes/quits at the end of loading a campaign battle

I think that this crash refers to missing files. It could be that your installation is corrupt. Have you tried fighting somewhere else with that same army?
    This space intentionally left blank.

Default Re: Is it normal that EB always crashes/quits at the end of loading a campaign battle

Actually no but I'm sure it will crash because I tried custom battle and the game crashed as well. So any suggestions as to what to do like reinstalling or does anyone else have this problem?

First, have you installed the 1.2 fixes?
    Second, I sometimes get crashes after battles, but never unrecoverable ones since I stopped using RTW.exe (I just have to fight the battles over again), but you might be able to save the campaign by going to a save a few years back.

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

maybe some missing unit textures you accidentally delete or rename or corrupted by something? if the campaign are playable, that corrupt textures (or sprites) are most likely to be culprit

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC

Such crashes are not unheard of. Since starting the EB Online system, I've noticed virtually everyone experience after-battle crashes. These crashes occur regardless of whether you are doing a campaign or a custom battle. They are simply after-any-battle crashes. Some say that if you wait some 15 to 20 seconds at the results screen before continuing, it may not crash.
    EB Online Founder | Website
    Former Projects:
    - Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack

- Asia ton Barbaron (Armenian linguistics)
    - EB:NOM (Armenian linguistics/history)
    - Dominion of the Sword (Armenian linguistics/history, videographer)

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vartan View Post
    Such crashes are not unheard of. Since starting the EB Online system, I've noticed virtually everyone experience after-battle crashes. These crashes occur regardless of whether you are doing a campaign or a custom battle. They are simply after-any-battle crashes. Some say that if you wait some 15 to 20 seconds at the results screen before continuing, it may not crash.
    he actually said he ALWAYS CRASHED, but the campaigns are playable, and there was no battle, that was pre battle crashes...

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Moved to the bug subforum.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

As said in previous posts, the game will just crash before battles if there are files missing or are changed, but you should get the 1.2 fixes in any case (follow the link in my signature).
    Crashing after battle is an old RTW bug, waiting at least 15 seconds before returning to campaign map helps in most of the times.
    If it is a persistent crash post here again!

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

Well I already had the 1.2 fix and I'm pretty sure I didn't touch any files. Nothing else has problems besides that the game crashes at the end of the loading screen for every battle which happened to me in other mods too. I never actually knew there was a strong EB online community btw.

What I did notice and never knew is that from this forum on files/downloads for RTW EB 1.1 says this:

''1. Ensure that you have a clean installation of RTW 1.5.''

I actually just installed the game over my RTW with BI v1.6 so is this a problem ?
    Last edited by justinius; 07-18-2010 at 12:52.

Shouldn't be a problem, but you may want to use the Bi sub-mod, as the BI addon fixes a lot RTW bugs, I'm quite sure this could help in your case too.
    In many cases is reported that a complete re-installation helps if something is wrong but nothing seems to be wrong.

XSamatan

Which BI sub-mod/add-on? To make it compatible as it requires RTW 1.5?

Look in the sub-mod sub-forum of EB for Ferromancers BI installer, the infos are in his thread.

XSamatan

ok thanks