Thread: AI faction governments

Default AI faction governments

as far as I know Government buildings for AI factions are places via script and thus I fancied that this follows a distinct pattern rather than random placement. to be blunt checking AI government types is nothing you could catch me doing most of the time. But now my Pajami Pahlavi are fighting a pointless desert war against the sabeans and one of my spies has ventured forth to Tamane(right next to their capital Maryab).
    so he was just minding his buisness and let me read building discriptions of local festivals when i noteced the theatre like icon with a little 4 in the upper right corner could it be? a level 4 government in like the first conquered city?

as the gov was placed by script i doubt it would be installed due to low cost, but why do/did the sabeans get a level 4 gov in Tamane? are there historic reasons or is my idea of scripted gov placement wrong?

Ps this is not at all a request/plea for another government just a question why the Sabeans have this level 4 there.

thanks in adance.
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth

Default Re: AI faction governments

That'd be pretty bizarre, actually. As far as I can tell, the script always places the lowest-number available government for the AI (I never see lvl 4 governments). Some eleutheroi towns have government buildings, though. Maybe Tamane has a government building as an eleutheroi town at the start of the game which doesn't get destroyed when the Saba take the city because its already their culture and the game thinks its a Saba building?

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

hmmm all I can say is that I doubt it's intentional.

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

the AI finally learned to place govt buildings by themself, but they put the wrong one...

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC

the worst place indeed, afterall there are neither units nor recruitable generals for saba there :/
    noone seen something like this before?
    "Who fights can lose, who doesn't fight has already lost."
    - Pyrrhus of Epirus

"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen..."
    - Leonidas of Sparta

"People called Romanes they go the House"
    - Alaric the Visigoth

RABO! Member Brave Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

I conquered Seleukia as Hai in my latest campaign during a daring raid deep into enemy territory and razed their troop producing centers and government to the ground. What did they rebuild in a city which gives them some amazing factional recruitment options? A level 4 government...

Now they swarm up with Arabian slingers and Parthian spearmen instead of Thorakitai and Argyraspidai.
    From Frontline for fixing siege towers of death
    x30 From mikepettytw for showing how to edit in game text.
    From Brennus for wit.

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

If they get the settlements by rebellion or via diplomacy the script doesn't fire in my observance, and the AI has to build a government on its own, resulting in 'wrong' decisions in placing. However, the AI can't understand the complexity of the EB-building trees.

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Rahwana's Avatar
    Abduct Shinta, and doing something bad with her
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by XSamatan View Post
    If they get the settlements by rebellion or via diplomacy the script doesn't fire in my observance, and the AI has to build a government on its own, resulting in 'wrong' decisions in placing. However, the AI can't understand the complexity of the EB-building trees.

XSamatan
    so maybe we should think as "oh this city is cursed! we should let a client ruler built that again!"

well, note to self : maybe we must think again about ai behaviour in RTW based mods
    Angkara Murka di Macapada

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
    well, note to self : maybe we must think again about ai behaviour in RTW based mods
    Don't want to discourage you, but the AI is mostly hardcoded in RTW, only BI/ALEX improve it a little bit. You will see an other gaming experience in EB2 because of the more modable AI there.

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by XSamatan View Post
    Don't want to discourage you, but the AI is mostly hardcoded in RTW, only BI/ALEX improve it a little bit. You will see an other gaming experience in EB2 because of the more modable AI there.

XSamatan
    umm, sonic just re-vamped our mod's EDB "structures" to be more "AI-friendly" actually...

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC