Thread: Client Rulers always become Interlopers

Default Client Rulers always become Interlopers

This is my situation:
    I captured the city Taras. I destroyed the foreign government building there and starting building a Roman level 4 government. I left my army, along with the general, in Taras because unrest was high. When the new government building was finished, I removed my general since he was an interloper. Then I recruited a merc general. There were two kinds available to me so I went with the more foreign kind. As soon as he was built though, he was given the interloper trait.

I realize now that I removed the fm before the client ruler came about, but why does that mean that the client ruler gets an interloper trait? Does it make a difference which one of the generals I create?

In Bononia, after establishing a level IV, I had the option to put a Celtic lesser king there as he immediately got the interloper trait.

Am I setting up a client ruler properly?

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Default Re: Client Rulers always become Interlopers

Your action is alright, must have something to do with your installation.
    Any Sub-mods installed? How did you install EB? RTW+Eb 1.1+EB1.2+Fixes? Or is this a 1.1 campaign continued under 1.2? That is not save-game compatible.

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

Installed 1.1, then 1.2, then fixes from the link in your signature. Force diplomacy also.

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

And you did install 1.2 into the main RTW folder, not into the EB sub-folder? If yes, please run validation.bat and post your results here, so we can see if your installation is corrupted.

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

Hi,
    This is for froogle king.
    Please excuse me for exhumating such an old topic.
    I'm for sure too late caus you didn't give any sign of life on this forum since july 2010 but I have to say that indeed I encountered the same problem as yours.
    My freshly recruited client ruler were appearing as to be family members and so acted as interlopers when living in cities under type IV administration.
    I realised that I made a mistake during the EB installation and exactly here. I managed to fix it.

When you unzipp this file http://files.filefront.com/EB12+on+A.../fileinfo.html . you obtain a folder named "eb". Instead of copying/pasting it on the "EB" folder of your main directory I made the mistake to copy/paste it in this "EB" folder. In fact "eb" folder has to replace the "EB" one.
    So if you don't have already fixed this problem here is the resolution of yours I think.
    Alas for you, I fear you'll have to uninstall and freshly reinstall all to have a clean EB mod.
    Last edited by Ludens; 01-01-2011 at 12:56. Reason: merged posts

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the heads-up, Antoninus. Welcome to the .Org and to EB.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!