Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: V&V OOC/Signup Thread I

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: V&V OOC/Signup Thread I

You've my sympathies as well GH, I hope you're able to make a quick recovery. And good show phonicsmonkey on the story and battle report, hopefully I'll be able to contribute myself by the end of the turn.

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Hey guys, my laptop got stolen last night so my activity will be limited at best. I'll probably still be able to RP but most likely will not be able to take my turns. Therefore, I'm requesting that a fellow loyalist take the save for me, at least this time.

If I find that I can't continue playing, I'll drop out, but I only want to do that as a last resort.
    sorry to hear that, it's a terrible thing to have your machine stolen - I hope you end up with a much better one courtesy of the insurer and that your data losses are minimal.

And Cecil I'm glad you enjoyed them, I've been meaning to get started for a while...
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

Sad to hear that GH. Let us know how you go.

Who's turn is up?

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

I'll be away for a week. Will post Cecil my orders.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the sympathy guys.

Conrad... Steffen eh? Hoboy, I should watch out for this one.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Does the Polish/Hungarian deal mean the Magyar have broken off their alliance with the Reich?

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cecil, I need your orders.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

I'm not quite sure what's going on here with the halted progress, but if it's my turn you can just skip me and go directly to Tristan. I have nothing to change in the save.

King Philippe of France Senior Member _Tristan_'s Avatar

King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)
    Methodios Tagaris, Caesar and Rebelin LotR
    Mexica Sunrise : An Aztec AAR

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

The Search for Beefy Member TheFlax's Avatar

Due to a trip to Malta and Rome lasting until the 30th of October, I will not be available to play my save. I ask that any loyalist please move my character to follow Heinrich and to send one of my companies (unit) to garrison Beslau. I will have internet at least for part of the trip, so if any special situation arises, I will be able to give more specific instructions to whomever decides to sub for me. Thank you for your comprehension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    TheFlax needs to die on principle. No townie should even be that scummy.

Blog Entries

Just an activity update, I ordered a new laptop a while ago, delivering it to my home address (as opposed to school) under the assumption that I'd pick it up when I went home for Fall Break this past weekend. Unfortunately, the weekend came and went, I went back to school, and the computer came in on Monday - so I missed it by one day. I do not trust my university's packaging system, so I'll pick it up next time I go home. This will most likely be around American Thanksgiving time, although there is a slight chance I'll come home earlier if the Phillies somehow get their act together and win the World Series.

So, worst case scenario, I'll be without access to the save for roughly one more month.
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 10-21-2010 at 19:24.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan de Castelreng View Post
    Cecil, I posted my save in the wrong thread. Does the one you posted above take into this into account or not ?

EDIT : it doesn't... How do proceed from this ?
    Tristan, I'll redo your moves when I take the save at the end of the turn. If you want you can send me a list of everything you did.

But from now on, any saves posted outside the proper thread will not be counted.

EDIT: Also, since TheFlax is unavailable, it would be best if one of his allies could makes his move for him by following the instructions he posted in this thread. If not I'll take care of it tomorrow, as I have work tonight.
    Last edited by Cecil XIX; 10-21-2010 at 22:42.

I can move for Flaxy in about ten hours when I get home.

Blog Entries

In light of the experience we have had with the war, I am reintroducing this Rules Change:

Rules Change E1.1

The sentance in rule 7.3, which reads "However, in keeping with the TW series, players in involved in war are given a set turn order, just as the factions are, in the order of their timezone. Players must take their turn in order thirty-six hours to do so." shall be replaced with the sentence "All players involved in a civil war must submit their orders to the GM directly, rather than taking the save and carrying them out personally. Players have fourty-eight hours per turn to do this."

Oh, by the way, I'm able to do my saves again.

I'm back and able to participate again.

Blog Entries

Cecil, you might want to make the poll public. Even I can't see who voted for who.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Cecil, you might want to make the poll public. Even I can't see who voted for who.
    Indeed, it looks like I'll have to create a new thread. Unless someone can change the poll settings?

Blog Entries

I can't make it public once the results are set to private. The only things I can do are meddle with the result count and add/alter choices.

Blog Entries

In that case, would you mind deleting the first poll thread? I've posted a new one here.

Also,
    Quote Originally Posted by phonicsmonkey View Post
    I fear our old friend Zim is gone for good, or at least for a good while. I have had to replace him in the two hotseats I'm hosting. Should we try to do the same here?
    I do hope he'll be back soon. Unfortunately, I do intend to kill off Prince Henry if that's the case. Also Tristan, I'll add your income from your sack of Thorn when the turn starts back up.
    Last edited by Cecil XIX; 11-01-2010 at 07:12.

Blog Entries

Quick update: I'll most likely be back and firing on all cylinders again this weekend.

How do I go about accepting someone as a vassal and giving him a province? Can we make House threads? Or is there another plan?

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

Hello everyone. Sorry I've been gone. The Org stopped logging me in automatically and I long since stopped using the email account my password was last sent to. Finally got it and am changing the pw to something I'll remember (and the email to something I still use).

Since Henry's dead for being inactive and the hotseats I was in have new players at least I don't need to worry about catching up on anything.
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    Hello everyone. Sorry I've been gone. The Org stopped logging me in automatically and I long since stopped using the email account my password was last sent to. Finally got it and am changing the pw to something I'll remember (and the email to something I still use).

Since Henry's dead for being inactive and the hotseats I was in have new players at least I don't need to worry about catching up on anything.
    Welcome back Zim!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlax View Post
    How do I go about accepting someone as a vassal and giving him a province? Can we make House threads? Or is there another plan?
    All those things can be done at your discretion. House Threads should be made by the House Leaders, as that lets the Leaders edit the threads. Accepting vassals can be done in any way that is satisfying to both parties, so long as it is announced in public. Same with giving provinces.

Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post

Good to have you back, Zim! I'll add you to the queue.

What happens to the Duchy of Swabia?

Quote Originally Posted by Ignoramus View Post
    What happens to the Duchy of Swabia?
    I'm assuming that depends on the Kaiser.

Blog Entries

I'll take a look at things once I get access to the save this weekend. For now, we'll operate under the assumption that the Kaiser is exercising executive power and running the Duchy himself until things get sorted out.

hey what's the rule on adoptions? I couldn't find anything in the rules about it..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by phonicsmonkey View Post
    hey what's the rule on adoptions? I couldn't find anything in the rules about it..
    There are no rules, because it is entirely up to the discretion of the player.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast