Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: V&V Saves and Turn-by-Turn Reports

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

Default Re: V&V Saves and Turn-by-Turn Reports

Taking the save. Edit: the link just brought me to the uploads list, but I'm guessing it's the turn 28 one.
    Last edited by The Celtic Viking; 03-15-2011 at 18:20.

Marched to relieve Magdeburg from its siege and to teach the bloody Poles to know when to quit. I also started the construction of a building in Prague.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...id=205&id=8840

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

did the moves for myself and phonics. The Prinz has besieged Innsbruck and Jens Herden has besieged Budapest.
    Harold, we need you to wait in Wien for a little longer until we receive the cavalry reinforcements.
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...205#linkid8841
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

King Philippe of France Senior Member _Tristan_'s Avatar

Took save and now it is back...

Having received news of the siege of Marseille in his absence, Lothar (now dubbed the Saint) marches south after enrolling the help of a company of Merc Frankish Knights (thus emptying his purse to the last florin...)

His way is barred first by the French willing to make him pay for his trespass under the walls of Bern (heroic victory on Lothar's part and 1054 florins ransomed). He then continues his ride south to find another mountain pass guarded this time by Milanese spearmen. Though the fight proves costly in German and Frankish lifes, it is considered another heroic victory. Prisoners are once again ransomed for 110 florins... He's now stranded in enemy territory with the remnants of his enrolled mercenaries, at the mercy of the Milanese...

OOC : I have a story in mind that could justify IC Lothar's come-back into the fold... Remains to put it into words...
    Last edited by _Tristan_; 03-19-2011 at 22:30.
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)
    Methodios Tagaris, Caesar and Rebelin LotR
    Mexica Sunrise : An Aztec AAR

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Alright, taking the save.

-edit- no changes made, see OOC thread.
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 03-16-2011 at 20:07.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...id=205&id=8844

Recruited two regiments of mercenary spearmen, one unit of Frankish Foot Knights, and two regiments of Town Militia. The Kaiser plans to hold Frankfurt to the death.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Turn ended, stand by.

Blog Entries

A last minute change of plans for tonight left me free to play the battle...

How I love these mountains battle !!

Brief summary of the battle : Deployment was at the top of high gradient slope with the Milanese at the bottom. I kept the mercs as reserve and sent Lothar down alone to try and kill the enemy general.

The mercs lured the spearmen up the slope by feinting a charge and withdrawal.

It left Lothar free to deal with the enemy general unit, until it routed and he got killed. He then pursued the remaining archers while the mercs led the spearmen on a merry chase. After having routed on contact the second archers, Lothar went for the spearmen only to have them finally see the light and come after him. I took no risk and charged the mercs on their rear : instant rout for the first unit, quickly followed by the second...

It didn't even require a tedious charge cycle this time... Gold chevron bodyguard FTW !!

Save for Cecil
    Last edited by _Tristan_; 03-20-2011 at 11:17.
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1231hs

Spoiler, contains battle data for Turkish forces.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    To whom it concerns, the Hungarian King's forces have been harassed by our scouts. We killed 44 of their men, and many brave Turks died this day to bring us this first blood against the Hungarian scum. Our brave captain escaped capture.

Their horse archers prevented us from inflicting more damage, but seeing as this was only a scouting mission, the pile of dead Hungarians was a nice bonus. The whipped dogs can only begin to comprehend the realm of pain they are about to enter.

Germans are back up for a battle.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    Germans are back up for a battle.
    Which of us is involved?
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phonicsmonkey View Post
    Which of us is involved?
    That's a good question and I should have checked before posting. I can check in about 10 minutes if you're willing to wait.

Edit: Jens Herden is being attacked by Hungarians.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 03-20-2011 at 04:31.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Blog Entries

The save will be open for 24 hours from it's posted time, with an extra 24 available if Nightbringer needs it.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

A glorious day! The Hungarian Prince is dead and Budapest has been captured!

Jens Herden has also adopted another man into the Reich.

However, not everything is good news.

And here is the save.
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...205#linkid8863
    Last edited by Nightbringer; 03-21-2011 at 00:56.
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Here's the save

I took Innsbruck and sacked it for 1168 florins.

I repaired the walls and bowyer there.

I recruited a spy and a spear militia at Vienna and a town militia at Budapest, and raised the taxes at Buda to VH
    Last edited by phonicsmonkey; 03-21-2011 at 11:15.

I may be wrong but I'm not sure the save was opened as it was not annoucned to be by Cecil...

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

ill wait for an announcement before I play.

Blog Entries

Here is the map at the end of the season of 1120.

In addition, here is the Financial Chart and Assets List.

Finally, here is the save. The turn will end on Wednesday, March 23th, at 23:00 GMT.

Hi Cecil

Fredericus von Augsburg should be assigned to TCV from the end of this turn and going forward. TCV can move him and use him as he wishes. I have paid his upkeep so far and we'll keep it that way because he wasn't immediately sent to TCV for his use as agreed...

here is the save, I destroyed a couple of scouting parties, Harolde, if you would like you can come join us at Budapest, otherwise You can wait and continue governing Wien. If you choose the later option, I will probably need you to move up and guard the bridge across the Danube in a season or two. Helberharde, I think you need to stay here in Budapest this season, the Hungarian army nearby is to large to risk being outside the walls. I'm sure you'll get to have some action soon though, the storm approaches, and as always I need more men to plug the dikes.
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...205#linkid8871
    Last edited by Nightbringer; 03-22-2011 at 03:53.

Taking the save.

Edit: That link is not to the file, but to the org uploader page. In the future, could you please link to the actual file instead?
    Last edited by The Celtic Viking; 03-22-2011 at 12:31.

Quote Originally Posted by The Celtic Viking View Post
    Taking the save.

Edit: That link is not to the file, but to the org uploader page. In the future, could you please link to the actual file instead?
    You do this by right-clicking on the download button and copying that link instead

Oh yes, maybe I should've said that myself. Oh well.

Lifted the siege of Magdeburg in a glorious battle and set up my men to retrain. Battle report coming up.

Here's the save again.

oh right, sorry. For some reason I never thouhg to do that, probably just used to downloads from sendspace etc where you just copy the url.

Taking the save

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

And save is back... (sorry for taking so long with it... I got called back to work before I got a chance to play it...)

Damn !!! Once again, I was sure I got my FRAPS running and I have got no screenshots...

Lothar recruited 1 unit of Merc Xbowmen (860 fl.) north of him then recruited one unit of Frankish foot knights (790 fl.) and marched on Genoa.

His advance was stopped by one captain Moreno while the city garrison was in the command of Puccio Rossi, a minor member of the Milanese ruling family. Being a bit deranged, he stormed out of his walls to reinforce his subaltern but got caught in the open and killed.

It was considered an heroic victory once again and a memorial was erected under the city's walls in commemoration of it. "To the valiant people of Germany" can be read upon the stone.

A ransom of 912 florins was refused, leaving the town completely undefended.

In a deathly silence, Lothar marched in. He rounded up every merchant and banker in the city and had them cough up all of their gold. When tallies were finished, there were 4762 florins to be added to Lothar's treasury, now established in Genoa.

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Blog Entries

Taking the save.

-edit- It's open. No moves made.
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 03-23-2011 at 01:47.

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    here is the save, I destroyed a couple of scouting parties, Harolde, if you would like you can come join us at Budapest, otherwise You can wait and continue governing Wien. If you choose the later option, I will probably need you to move up and guard the bridge across the Danube in a season or two. Helberharde, I think you need to stay here in Budapest this season, the Hungarian army nearby is to large to risk being outside the walls. I'm sure you'll get to have some action soon though, the storm approaches, and as always I need more men to plug the dikes.https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local...205#linkid8871
    Understood. I will watch over Budapest, and train my sword for the day I can again sink it into the gut of one of the Reich's enemies.
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

My treasury is located in Budapest!
    Yays!

Before closing the turn, Cecil, could you let me take the save again to do some building and recruiting with my new-found wealth, please ?

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast