Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperial Diet & Rules

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Default Re: Imperial Diet & Rules

Ernst of Melk stumbles into the chamber. His cloak is muddy and bloodied and he still clutches a naked blade in his bony hand. With eyes wild, he glances around the chamber.

Ye gods! I had to fight my way out of Frankfurt! It was carnage, all the devils of Hell let loose upon our fair capital! I saw fair children cut down, our womenfolk molested, blood flowing in the streets! It was all I could do to mount the nearest horse and hack my way to the gates...

His breathing slows and he begins to calm himself.

But still...to business. On my way through this city to the chamber I was met by a messenger of Osterreich who bore a communication from the Prinz for this body.

He clears his throat, sheathes his weapon, unfurls a scroll of parchment and begins to read.

Nobles of the Reich,

I mourn the defilement of our fair capital by the brutish Poles, as I mourn the death of yet another Duke of the Reich, good Premyslid, to whom fortune dealt a cruel hand indeed.

I feel his loss personally and I admit to a share of the guilt, for it was my words of encouragement that thrust him into the fray unprepared.

Indeed, I have had cause for much reflection on my own actions, but also on the policy of our Reich. While I should not wish to speak out against my good Father our mighty Kaiser, I fear it would be remiss of me not to share my thoughts with you at this time of crisis.

We have conducted ourselves, to a man, without thought of strategy or planning, and we have reaped the bitter reward.

What arrogance to think that we could set about us, enraging our neighbours, with no fear of reprisal! This arrogance personally embodied in my own decision to continue my attempt on the Magyar capital while our great burgh was threatened and, dare I say it, in my father's decision to likewise concentrate on Antwerp leaving the capital undefended.

We must change our ways or be wiped from history altogether.

Mein Kaiser, Duke der Bartige, Herden, we are all that remains of this august body. A long road of work is ahead of us to restore the Reich to its former glory.

For my humble part I suggest, with the consent and leadership of the Kaiser, that we undertake the following actions:

- We seek an immediate peace with France, with Venice and with Milan.
    - We stay on the defensive for the time being in Austria against the Magyar.
    - We punish with the greatest force and prejudice the foul and brutish Poles, recapturing our great capital and then waging such a war on them that they will be utterly eradicated from the face of God's good Earth.
    - We bring Lothar Zirn back into the fold, forgiving him his treachery, for the Reich needs good men more than enemies.

I believe that unless we follow this course of action we are doomed to lose more ground and good men to our many foes. We owe it to the future of the Reich to look into our souls and repent of our misdeeds, to act sensibly and with the soundest of strategy to secure our lands and peoples.

Prinz Leopold von Osterreich

A short time later the Prinz himself enters the Diet chamber and sits, awaiting the response of the Kaiser and the other Electors.
    Last edited by phonicsmonkey; 02-25-2011 at 04:56.
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Jens Herder bursts into the court and immediately marches to where Prinz Leopold sits.
    My Lord, I request permission to personally lead an army for a retaliatory strike against the Poles. My prize ogf the Hungarian Prince has already been denied to me by that thrice damned pope, and now the Poles have destroyed our beloved capital, and killed my mentor, Max.
    I wish for nothing more than to see every last Pollock dead, and promise you I will lead our troops well. I have lived much of my life as a soldier, and I know I can prove myself as a commander.
    Please my Lord, allow me to take my, and the Reich's, revenge.
    If it is amenable tote Kaiser of course.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Prinz Leopold turns to his vassal Jens Herden.

All in good time Sir Herden. It remains for my proposals to be discussed by the other nobles and particularly for my good father to comment.

I am pleased at your eagerness to lead my armies against the Poles, but do not forget that there are also Magyar horse aplenty loose in the Austrian countryside, which must be chastised and sent back from whence they came.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Kaiser Heinrich:

*subtly - but noticeably - twitching*

Some of these proposals have merit. We will obviously smash the Poles. Frankfurt is mine. I should have immediately marched from Antwerp upon hearing of the Polish menace. I should have known better than to trust a Duke who has been out of action longer than I was.

We will remain at war with Hungary, on the defensive, at least a little while longer. We will seek ceasefires with Venice and maybe France. We will concentrate on select enemies. We will not seek armistice with Milan. They are rebels. They will be put down like the dogs they are. The repentant ones will be welcomed back into the fold. After this is accomplished - maybe even simultaneously - we eliminate the source of our problems. And yes, Good Electors, there is a source, make no mistake about it. There is a source, and it will be put down. Then, only then, will the Reich begin to prosper as it once did.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

Suddenly a faint coughing sound comes from near the back of the room. A pale, thin, middle aged man of slightly less than normal height stands. He has brown hair and mostly non descript features, excepting a very weak chin. His clothes are obviously that of a noble but pale compared to the finery of the greater lords of the Reich. Many in the room might recognize him as an elector of one of the less important cities, even fewer recall that his personal name is Gerhard.

The man looks around the room, settling on the Prinz and Emperor briefly with a frightened expression passing his features before speaking.

Sir-...My Lords, if I may be so bold. I fear that the path we are on leads to destruction. Gerhard cringes briefly as if expecting a blow before continuing. In the span of two seasons half of our armies were destroyed, our capital lost, and we lost two cities, including our capital. With the taking of Innsbruck by Milan I'm not even sure the Venetians, never being experts at overland moving of armies, can even reach us. A truce with them is meaningless. As much as I hate to say it I think we should go further than our illustrious leader has suggested. another cringe, and quick look around to make sure no guards are moving his way. At the very least we need to make peace with at least two of our adjacent enemies. Poland is out of the question, of course. Since fighting them but not Hungary might present logistical problems as our borders would extend east while becoming thin, I suggest we parley with Milan as well as France, and focus our attentions east for the time being. Then when the pope's prohibition on attacking Hungary has ended we can expand against them as well.

After one last glance around the room Gerhard sits.
    Last edited by Zim; 02-25-2011 at 07:46.
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

The Prinz is noticeably disturbed at the Kaiser's demeanour. He thinks for a long moment before speaking.

My Lord...it shall of course be as you say.

I shall march west this season with the bulk of my forces, leaving a substantial army under the command of Jens Herden who will be tasked with clearing the Duchy of stray Magyar before, with your leave and agreement to provide finance, building fortifications at the main river crossing points on our border, the better for us to hold a defensive line with limited troops.

Hopefully the situation with the Poles will have become clearer by the time I have drawn closer, and we may decide wherefore I shall then proceed.

He pauses for a moment before continuing, somewhat hesitantly.

Mein Kaiser, like our friend here (gesturing to Gerhard) I urge you to think further on the topic of peace with the Milanese and French. To my mind it is better to focus on but one enemy at a time. The deaths of the three Dukes, cut down by a different hand each, testify to this if to nothing else. I shall be far more confident throwing myself into the fray against the Poles if I know that my back is secured, by diplomacy if not by arms....
    Last edited by phonicsmonkey; 02-25-2011 at 07:49.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Kaiser Heinrich:

I had originally planned on seeking an armistice with France once Staufen had been reconquered. I had envisioned it as a shining citadel with enough towers, battlements, and soldiers to defend our western front for all time. I am still hesitant to call off the war with them before this is accomplished, but very well. We will begin peace talks with France.

I will not yield on the Milan issue. Once Frankfurt has been reconquered I will personally take the fight to them, assuming our diplomacy with France is successful. You may feel confident throwing yourself into the fray against the Poles, Leopold, knowing that your Kaiser is securing your back. He is securing your back and more - he will be ending the longstanding rebellion against him for good by eliminating all of its agitators and beneficiaries - and I do mean all of them.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

A messenger bearing the heraldry of the Herder family strides into the courtroom, smiling broadly and still garbed in blood soaked battle gear.

My Lords, a great victory has been won outside of Vienna. My Lord Jens Herder has taken a small detachment of troops and utterly destroyed the Hungarian army besieging Vienna. Less than 10 enemy soldiers escaped the field, and those that surrendered were slaughtered after their masters declines to pay our reasonable ransom. Lord Herder is now making his way south with this same detachment, and will be ready to fortify the first of three river crossings next season, with your permission Kaiser.
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

The Prinz receives a furled parchment from his advisor Ernst of Melk, frowns and then addresses the assembly.

My Lords I have just been informed of the price of fortifications. I think we shall have to forego that luxury for the time being at least. Still, young Herden has proved himself well able to defend the Duchy without them so far...

King Philippe of France Senior Member _Tristan_'s Avatar

A messenger walks in the Diet. The man is lean and tanned and seems, from the dust covering his riding cloak, to have come from afar at great speed. He opens his cloak to reveal a tabard supporting colors not seen in this hall in many years.

A few gasps resonate through the halls, mainly from the clerks. Satisfied of the effect of his appearance before this assembly, the man speaks at last, with a pronounced French accent.

My Lords,

I am Guy d'Ollioules, retainer of my Lord Lothar Zirn, self-proclaimed Prince of Provence, ruler of Marseille.

My Lord had sent a letter to the Kaiser and wished to have it read before this august body as well.

Having delivered a copy of the letter to the scripts for the Diet records, he starts reading in his French-accented German.

Kaiser Heinrich,

I would have presented my respects in person if not for the chance of being flogged in response... One can change only so much, even in the face of adversity, n'est ce pas ?

It is however that same adversity that has driven me to reach out with a proposal. As you know better than anybody, the Reich is under assault from all the corners of the Earth : West, North, East and South, your Dukes are falling like flies under the onslaught. Pardon me for stating the obvious but you are, My Lord, fighting a losing fight...

I propose to alleviate your problems by dealing partly with some of the threats to the Reich. Don't be overjoyed too soon, I'm not a fighter to rival your prowess or that of your son, nor do I have a fearsome army at my disposal but I know the land and can use my brain to use it to best effect. Neither should you rejoice because I'm not doing this in your interest or that of the order you represent. I'm doing this out of compassion for the people of the Reich, the same people that Magnus von Saxony wished to preserve in his rebellion against your rule. I'm also doing this out of self-interest for, as one says, charity begins at home.

So here is the deal : I will attack the Milanese and try and divert as much of their forces my way, leaving you some breathing space to bolster you defenses or reinforce the other battlegrounds. Should I meet with any successes and particularly succeed in capturing some of their settlements, I require two things of you : first your forgiveness for my rebellion and my reinstatement as a Noble Elector of the Reich and second your promise that I will retain any land I conquer from the Milanese or any other enemy of the Reich. Should I fail, you lose nothing and even gain one problem less.

Should I succeed however and should you accept my offer by granting me pardon for my alleged crimes against your crown, I will not swear the oath of loyalty you require of your Electors. You and I both know that oath would be nothing but a lie. The proof of my loyalty to the Reich will be my deeds and nothing else.

I trust in your wisdom, Kaiser.

Lothar Zirn
    Prince of Provence

Having finished reading, Guy waits until the whispers have died down before continuing.

I propose, My Lords, to remain in attendance to answer in my Lord's name any of your inquiries or to carry back any message you wished to convey.
    Last edited by _Tristan_; 02-26-2011 at 18:15.
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)
    Methodios Tagaris, Caesar and Rebelin LotR
    Mexica Sunrise : An Aztec AAR

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Blog Entries

Kaiser Heinrich:

The oath of loyalty must be sworn. That is non-negotiable. Why should one Elector receive such special treatment when the rest of the Diet has had to swear it? If Lothar Zirn truly has the Reich's best interests at heart, then he will not refrain from taking up the sword against our enemies just because he and his Kaiser were unable to come to an accord over the issue of his forgiveness.

Guy bows to the Kaiser.

I will convey this answer to my liege, Lord. What he will make of it, I do not know.
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

The Prinz stands, a scowl on his face.

Indeed, while I encouraged the reconciliation of Provence I agree with the Kaiser. The traitor must make the oath lest he remain a criminal and outlaw to the Reich. Furthermore, I see not why he should be guaranteed the lands that he conquers - surely he should wait on the Kaiser's good judgement like the rest?

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

A man enters the Diet, barely recognizable as the man who was once known as Theodericus der Bartige. Wearing more elaborate clothes than ever before, and walking in a much more confident and proud manner, he talks for a short while with a funny-looking little man sporting a ridiculous moustasche. From time to time, he looks up at certain people, his eyes staying the longest on Guy d'Ollioules.

After a while, he makes a short gesture as if to ask for permission to speak, but doing so without waiting for it to be granted.

"Before I start to speak, I wish to sincerely apologize to all present, but especially to the noble Kaiser, for my absence from this Diet. It was never my intention to spare you from my views on Imperial politics, but raising an army is a lot of work, and now that Frankfurt has fallen and we've relocated to Nuremberg... well, let's just note that I have to cross enemy territory to get here and say no more of it. Except perhaps that I offer the Kaiser assistance in recapturing Frankfurt, and thus re-uniting my lands with the rest of the Reich, should he feel the need for it.

Now I turn to you, err..." He leans down so that the moustasched man can whisper in his ear. "... Guy Dollioles, is it? I am fully behind the Kaiser in demanding an oath, and I should expect the rest of this Diet to do the same. Should he be willing to do this, and also prove through concrete actions that he wish to defend the Reich, as he says he would, then I would not have many objections to a pardon. This, though, I leave completely in the hands of the Kaiser: a no from him is tantamount to a no from me, and not just in the legal sense of the matter.

However, I do have a question of my own. Lets say an agreement of the sort that Lothar Zirn proposed is reached. How quickly could he make good on his promises and attack the Milanese?"
    Last edited by The Celtic Viking; 02-26-2011 at 23:12. Reason: Some spelling and grammar mistakes. As usual.

The Prinz snorts with derision.

Oh I have no doubt he could put their peasants and levies to flight within a matter of days. For it is clear the bulk of their professional fighting force is garrisoned at Innsbruck where I shall meet them in battle this coming season or the next! Meanwhile Zirn has a clear run at the soft underbelly and demands full reward for his easy progress...

Guy d'Ollioules stands to adress the Diet.

My Lords, would have have my Lord among you as an hypocrite ? A man who spoke words he didn't believe in ? For if my Lord is ready to serve the Reich faithfully as he did for many years prior to his "rebellion", he would rather say "emancipation", like a child kept too long under his parents' rule, he could never swear to serve the Kaiser loyally, nor could he not question his supremacy.

In the eyes of my Lord, Heinrich has proven unfit to rule the Reich and should stand down from the throne.

If my Lord Lothar asks for a pardon, it is in the fear that soldiers of the Reich be sent against him, thus losing many German lives in a brotherly feud.

Thus stands my Lord.

Now, if you ask what my Lord can do against the Milanese, nothing it seems... Our good Prinz has everything under control, as he did in Hungary...

Anyway, it is not my Lord who is in dire straits at the moment. Provence strives under his rule and may even grow in the next few years. It will never rival the Reich in power nor wealth but it may last longer if the current trend lasts a few years more. At the rate the Reich's nobility dies down, the country will soon be led by schweinsteigers, I think you say... Not that it would make a difference if you ask me...

This last unheard save by those standing quite close to Guy, and they're only a few, the Frenchman being shunned by all save those unable to find seats farther from him. It causes those few to sit still further from him, as if he was a plague-bearer.

I'm sure the Reich can survive without my Lord's intervention. If you do not want his help, just say so and he'll leave all the Milanese to you...
    Last edited by _Tristan_; 02-26-2011 at 23:41.

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Blog Entries

Kaiser Heinrich:

I see that we have nothing further to discuss here then. Out.

*The Kaiser waves his hand absentmindedly and Guy d'Ollioules is escorted out of the temporary Diet building by three armed guardsmen.*

Lothar Zirn and all of his representatives know what they must do in order to have a presence in these deliberations.

Ernst of Melk rises, anger in his eyes.

Churl! 'Twas only the Pope that stayed my Lord's hand in Hungary, lest their heads be..

He is silenced by the Prinz.

edit: This was written prior to Guy's last speech. T would not have said what was here written if he had heard what was said above, and therefore I feel obligated to delete this text.
    Last edited by The Celtic Viking; 02-26-2011 at 23:47.

Ernst of Melk rises to speak in place of the Prinz.

The Prinz would like to make two requests of the Diet.

Firstly that in recognition of his efforts in providing training facilities for agents, he be allowed to inherit the title of Spymaster from the late Duke of Bavaria until the next Diet session.

Secondly, that any man here who has the facilities to train cavalry allow the Prinz the use of such facilities, at the expense of the Duchy of Osterreich, in order that we may have some horse to defend our eastern border against the Magyar. Indeed, should there be cavalry units already available the Prinz will reimburse the cost of recruitment and take over the upkeep of such troops as soon as they are sent on their way to Wien.

If these two requests are granted our Prinz will feel assured in marching against the Milanese at Innsbruck next season and leaving the defence of the Duchy in the hands of Sir Jens Herden and his able deputy Sir Harold Merode.

Theodericus stands up.

"Dear Ernst, if you are looking for some cavalry, I am under the impression that the only place in the Reich that you can find any would be in Brandenberg, or more specifically in Magdeburg - i.e., my territory. However, there isn't an endless supply of cavalrymen, and I do need every man I can get to defend - and perhaps even expand upon - my own land. With this in mind, I hope the Prinz will appreciate why I cannot just give them away for free. Please let the Prinz know that, if he wish to hire some cavalrymen from me, then he can contact me in private, so we can strike out a deal in more suitable settings.

This offer is, of course, open to anyone else as well, though I regret to announce that, unless you are willing to pay really well, due to these shortages you will have to wait a while before any deal can be carried out.*"

Theodericus sits down again, and says something to one of his aides while writing something on a piece of paper before handing it to him. The aide is then seen rushing out of the Diet.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    *OOC: i.e, unless you're willing to pay really well for them, the cavalry I have (both already recruited and on the way) will be used for my own army. Starting next turn will I be able to raise some for hire, though.
    Last edited by The Celtic Viking; 03-03-2011 at 04:55.

Ernst raises an eyebrow at this.

Dear sir, I'm sure you are not suggesting that you would like to profiteer from the Reich's troubles by charging some kind of hire fee for the use of your cavalry? For that would be most unseemly in this time of troubles. Indeed, the Prinz is in need of some horse and has generously offered to compensate for their cost - he is not inclined to enrich your treasury by paying more than they are worth.

If you are in need of them then you must certainly keep hold of them. If you can spare them, for the good of the Reich, then I'm sure the Kaiser and the other nobles will be most grateful to you. For the Prinz cannot advance on the Milanese, as is the Kaiser's wish and as is the need of the whole Reich, unless the eastern front is securely defended - and of course it takes far fewer horse to match enemy horse than it does foot.
    Last edited by phonicsmonkey; 03-03-2011 at 04:58.

Indeed it is true, my men and I have so far managed to bring down the isolated horse archers we have encountered, but without additional horsemen I shall be forced to retreat and wait for reinforcements every time a large Hungarian army approaches. As to your attempt to make money from this deal, I think that is a decision the Kaiser should make.
    turning to the Kaiser
    If it just that this man demands payment for the use of his facilities to protect the Reich my lord?

Theodericus stands up with a jerk.

"Insolent whelp! Do you know who I am?! I am the duke of Brandenburg-Bohemia! How dare you question my right to control the land that is rightfully my own?! By all that is holy and just, I should have your head for that!"

Theodericus calms down a bit, but is still visibly furious.

"You should be very grateful to your Prinz, because it is only my respect for him that stays me. However, you can consider yourself banned from my territory. If you ever enter it, that will be seen as an act of war, and then by God, not even the Prinz can save you! For your impudence you will never have any cavalry from me; let that be a lesson for you to know your place."

Theodericus now turns to Ernst of Melk.

"If you think you can coerce me to send my men to your Prinz - much less to this..." Theodericus sneers at Jens Herden for a second. "... this dog... for free by questioning my loyalty to the Reich, then you are sorely mistaken. If your Prinz does not wish to pay for other people's goods and services, that is fine, but then he shouldn't expect to get any either.

If your Prinz wish to keep good relations with Brandenberg-Bohemia, you can forward my advice that he should not appoint people who will question other people's honour any time he doesn't get it his way. He would also benefit from teaching his clients some manners, for what they say and how they behave will reflect back on him.

Quite frankly, I have had enough of this. I'm heading back to Magdeburg now, and had I known that the Diet meetings had degenerated to this degree, I would not have wasted my time or risked my life by going here in the first place. I will leave sir Friedrich von Eisler here to represent me, if need be."

Theodericus bows to the Kaiser before he storms out of the Diet.
    Last edited by The Celtic Viking; 03-03-2011 at 12:05.

Ernst of Melk wears a bemused smirk saying, to no-one in particular

It seems the Duke of Brandenburg-Bohemia has forgotten his manners along with his patriotism...

Friedrich von Eisler:

"My lord Theodericus' loyalty is to the Kaiser, and thereby he is loyal to the Reich. This is indisputable, and backed up by his every word and deed. If you wish to make a formal trial of it, then I will immediately call the Duke back and he will face what charge you might bring and let the Kaiser in his wisdom make his judgement. If not, then you should not be throwing out such accusations so lightly."

Blog Entries

Kaiser Heinrich:

Duke der Bartige, at what point do you envision your army ready to move out and engage in normal campaigning?

Secondly, yes, I have decided to allow Prinz Leopold to possess the title of Spymaster in the aftermath of Becker's death.

Friedrich von Eisel coughs.

"Mein Kaiser, I apologize, but duke der Bartige is not present amongst us; I am here to represent him. This is partly linked to the answer you're seeking, for he's on his way back to Magdeburg right now for this very reason. He intends to unleash his men on a glorious offensive to the east against the Poles as soon as he gets there."

(OOC: read next turn.)
    Last edited by The Celtic Viking; 03-03-2011 at 19:20.

Blog Entries

Kaiser Heinrich:

Okay then. Von Eisel, tell your master that before he goes east to deliver revenge upon the Poles I request that at least some portion to all of his army first move west in order to assist me with recapturing Frankfurt. If he moves west this campaign season, he will be in a position to reinforce me when I assault the city come next season and still move back east. The Polish army has not replicated that of their French counterparts and marched out of the city, instead parking them inside Frankfurt and making them that much harder to defeat. This I request of him as Kaiser.

I do not suspect that much of his horsemen will die in the assault on Frankfurt as cavalry is not best utilized in siegework, thus he will not need to retrain your men upon returning to Magdeburg. Therefore, I do request that afterwards, he begin recruiting additional horsemen and selling them at the price that Leopold had originally outlined. This I request of him not as Kaiser, but as a financial backer for much of his recruitment work in Magdeburg.

Friedrich von Eisel:

"Ja, mein Kaiser; I will send a messenger to let him know of your requests. The first one is a given: he has promised you support and will no doubt give it to you now that you've asked for it. As for the second one, I can only guarantee that he will not like it one bit. If you want my guess, he will probably agree to it too, though reluctantly, and only as a one-time deal. I don't think he would accept it twice."

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast