Thread: Killing Faction Romani->CTD

Cool Killing Faction Romani->CTD

So I played on my carthagian campaign - and I managed to erase the romans quite fast at the beginning of the game from the map - he has got 2 faction members left so i just assassinated one and killed the other one in battle, no matter who i kill first or if i wait a turn or two nor tryin to reload an older savegame and finishing them off helps. The moment the faction is destroyed the game just crashes, but why? is there a script that needs the presence of the romani faction later on - so finishing them off does interfere with it?
    I tried for 3 hours to play around that crash but no chance - the game just says that killing romans is against the rules by crashing,
    I didn't use any cheats, and killing factions in other campaigns is working fine, is there a bug with the message u get when the faction is destroyed?
    has anybody encountered a similar problem? -
    The damn thing is that my wonderful campaign is broken due to the fact that the AI is able to recruit massive mercenaries right in their last province (segesta) and i cannot make them a protectorate nor being able to make a peaceagreement.
    I cannot try to kill the romans with another faction at the moment so i don'T know if it's a common bug in my game....
    I usually wouldn't care but I love this campaign because I was really fast an it was alot of luck and work involved

EB Support Guy Senior Member XSamatan's Avatar

Default Re: Killing Faction Romani->CTD

1. Don't activate the script and extinguish them, afterwards enable it.
    2. Did you try to use 'auto_win attacker' so you don't have to play the battle manually?
    3. Try to bash all of their current FM's back to their last settlement, besiege it, crash?
    4. toggle_fow and look if there are other Romani FM's lurking around.

XSamatan

1.2 fixes - Updated regularly. Latest news from 2009-02-01.
    EB FAQ --- Tech help important thread list --- Frequent issues and solutions

ok i will try your first suggestion, the others don't work - tried it already, game crashes when the last FM gets killed no matter if in battle or not (when he dies during battle the game will crash upon entering the campaign map), if i assassinate him game crashes
    atm he has the leader and the heir no matter who gets killed first - so it has nothing to do with the charakter itself

thanks for suggestions so far....

tried all options, it is just crashing - so i believe it has to to with the message that you get when a faction is destroyed, the scroll with the animation/picture maybe something is missing with my copy - i usually played without killing the romans in my last games or i am not yet at this point( i favour eastern factions or sweboz, my makedon campaign is just heading eastwards atm) , so if anybody can give me a filename(s) which might be connected to this ingame event, i could look it up by myself and might be able to fix it.
    thanks in advance for any suggestions

Did you try number 1 and 2 on my list?
    I doubt it is a missing screen, moreover a engine related crash.
    Did you try to kill them a little later?

XSamatan

Quote Originally Posted by XSamatan View Post
    Did you try number 1 and 2 on my list?
    I doubt it is a missing screen, moreover a engine related crash.
    Did you try to kill them a little later?

XSamatan
    Yes, I tried everything atm i played the campaign with leaving them alive but due to the scripted money they get, they grow stronger every turn and it is severely annoying to keep two armies near segesta and one assassin to sabotage the barracks and from time to time killing a FM of them, due to the fact that i cannot recruit new units in italy besides lower tier troops it costs me a lot to ship them in or recruit so many low end barbarians to match his mercenaries or princepes and pedites extraordinarii.
    Yesterday i tried to whipe them out in one final battle (he got again 4 new FM atm), and it simply crashed again.

So the first try to kill em was in 262bc, the second chance was during 260, and the last in 258, atm i own "nearly" all of italy and the whole illyrian coast and trying to kill the last eipirote FMs to see what happens then, i am fighting on every border atm doin very well, but those red coloured pain in the ass is preventing my armies to head for the sweboz, and spoiling my plans to expand asap from greece to the baltic sea and than swing back to spain.
    The only thing i can imagine that there is one thing maybe a script or so which is interfering with the extinction of the roman faction.
    Maybe somebody killed the romans early on till 262/260/258 bc, and can say that it is possible without getting the game crashed.

I will try to replay the campaign again, after i whiped out Epiros to see if the game crashes there too.
    All other campaigns are working fine, at least with killing other factions - i think in my makedon campaign the romans will wage war in the next 4-6 turns against me, and then i will see if the same happens to them, but this campaign is about 10 years ahead.

no cheats involved, no other modding than EB(fixes installed), vh/vh, everything else is working fine.....

Sad, would you please upload a save-game so I can see what is going wrong on my build? (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...ost-a-SaveGame)
    Please note what version you are running, which exe you are using and if you are using mini-mods.

XSamatan